Air Fryer Cauliflower is coated in paprika, herbs, and cheese, then roasted until perfectly tender with crispy, caramelized edges. Only takes 20 minutes and with endless topping options!
Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
Air Fryer Cauliflower is going to be your next favorite way to enjoy this versatile veggie! It’s very similar to our popular oven-roasted cauliflower but done in the air fryer. So, don’t worry about heating up the kitchen for this one!
Our entire family – yes even the kids – loves these roasted, crispy florets. They’re perfectly seasoned and slightly cheesy thanks to the parmesan. The basket gets hot enough, so the surface gets brown, crispy, and caramelized, with adds even more flavor to this dish! It’s so easy too. Perfect as a guilt-free snack, or as a side and addition to other recipes!
Is cauliflower healthy?
Yes, it’s actually considered a superfood! It’s packed with antioxidants many nutrients, such as Vitamin C, K, B6, and minerals like potassium and phosphorous. It’s also extremely high in fiber, which aids in digestion and makes you feel full, so you have less tendency to overeat.
This delicious veggie is also low-calorie, which means you can easily add it to your diet. In fact, we love it as a low-carb substitute for rice!
How to cut cauliflower?
- Hold it by the stem, with the head against your chopping board.
- Expose the base by pulling off the leaves.
- Use a paring knife to carefully cut around the stem then take it off.
- Break it off into large florets using your hands.
- Cut into smaller florets, or into the size needed for your recipe. Slice off any remaining large stems too.
Can I Use Frozen Cauliflower Florets?
Yes! But here’s the thing— don’t thaw it! Season and brush with your preferred oil, then air fry straight from frozen.
Air Fryer Cauliflower Ingredients:
- Cauliflower: Slice into evenly-sized florets.
- Olive oil: Gives the vegetables that roasted flavor, and helps the seasonings stick.
- Seasonings: Powdered turmeric, paprika, ground fresh black pepper, onion and garlic powders, very finely-chopped parsley, and grated parmesan cheese.
- For serving: Some lemon wedges and more fresh parsley on top.
How to make Air Fryer Cauliflower?
- Season. Coat the florets in oil, then toss with the spices, herbs, and parmesan cheese so it’s coated well.
- Cook. Air fry at 350F for 15 minutes, making sure to flip on the halfway mark.
- Serve. These are delicious warm or cold! Serve with your favorite dips and toppings.
Recipe variations and substitutions:
- Use broccoli: Try the recipe using broccoli florets.
- Try other seasonings: We also love these flavored with Italian seasoning, coriander, cumin, curry powder, chili powder, taco seasoning, southern Cajun seasoning, and more!
- Loaded version: Top with chili, cheese, low-fat sour cream, jalapenos, bacon, or your other favorite loaded toppings.
- Use other oils: Instead of olive, you can use corn or avocado oil.
What to serve with Air Fryer Cauliflower?
These are PERFECT with dips! Some of our favorites are beer cheese dip, honey mustard sauce, blue cheese dressing, yum yum sauce, horseradish sauce. It’s also really a really good topping and substitutes for meat in salads. You can also keep it simple and enjoy it with a squeeze of lemon juice!
More Air Fryer recipes:
How to store leftovers?
For any leftovers, allow them to cool completely first to reduce condensation inside the container. This way, the florets will retain some of their crispiness.
Once cool, transfer to a baggie or tightly-sealed container. Store in the fridge for up to 2 days, but it’s best to consume it as early as you can. These are fantastic cold, but you can also warm them up by air-frying at 400F for a few minutes.
- Try to chop the florets in similar sizes so they roast evenly.
- Keep a close eye on these florets! Due to the high heat in the basket, they can burn. We recommend checking the basket every 5 minutes and shaking it every so often. This helps redistribute the heat.
- Don’t add too much oil, since this will prevent the surface from crisping up and getting that delicious roasted flavor. Just add a very, very light coat to the veggies.
- As much as possible, use powdered seasonings for flavor. Again, this ensures that the vegetables don’t get soggy as they roast, and the flavors coat the florets better.
Air Fryer Cauliflower
- 1 large cauliflower head (cut into florets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Favorite dipping sauce
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add all the other ingredients to a medium bowl, stir to combine.
- Add to the cauliflower then toss until the florets are well coated in the seasoning.
- Roast in the Air Fryer at 390°F (200°C) for around 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Keep an eye on the cauliflower, as it can burn easily, check every 5 minutes and make sure to shake the basket for even roasting.