Air Fryer Pork Chops are one of the crispiest and juiciest dishes you can make for those busy days. These tender, bone-in chops with a golden Parmesan crust are ready in less than 30 minutes!
This main course is a perfect pair to just about any side dish, but you want something that’s equally fast yet flavorful. My Roasted Asparagus, Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots, and Roasted Sweet Potatoes all need less than 30 minutes of cook time with very little prep work – which means they’re ready when your pork chops are!
Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe
Air Fryer Pork Chops totally changed the way I view this popular dish. Over the years, I’ve eaten a lot of fried pork chops that were so tough, they were almost impossible to chew on. The worst was the greasy versions, that were loaded with butter and oil to cover up the dryness.
I also hate being splattered with hot oil to achieve that golden brown perfection. Without the air fryer, I may have sworn off this dish forever!
This recipe doesn’t need fancy sauces or heavy breading to taste delicious. I let the meat shine by using only freshly-grated Parmesan and seasonings to highlight the meat. The best part is that you only need two tablespoons of olive oil versus the cupfuls you need for traditional frying.
Healthier, chock-full of flavor, and incredibly moist with a nice crunch – this amazing Air Fryer recipe will soon become part of your weekly menu!
What are the best pork chops for the air fryer?
For this recipe, I use the bone-in version. The bones lock in the flavor and moisture of the meat. If you can find it, choose a well-marbled cut. Those bits of fat will protect the meat against drying out and will allow its natural flavors to take center stage.
How to Make Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Prepare. Measure out and combine your seasonings, pat dry the meat and brush with oil. Preheat the air fryer.
- Coat. Generously coat the meat with the seasonings.
- Cook. Place the meat in the air fryer, cook, and flip at the designated time.
Can you cook frozen chops in the AF?
Yes. Unlike other cooking methods that concentrate all the heat on the surface of the food, the air fryer rapidly circulates hot air throughout the basket and around the food to heat it evenly. Making fried food this way also eliminates the risk of injuries through hot oil splatters.
Can you stack meat in the air fryer?
Avoid stacking meat in the AF, since the overlapping parts won’t be able to come into contact with the hot air. Stacking them will lead to uneven doneness and texture. Always arrange them in a single layer, with a bit of space between each piece.
What temperature should pork be cooked at?
Cook the meat to an internal temperature of 145-160 degrees Fahrenheit, and rest for three minutes. Use a quick-read internal thermometer to make sure the meat is cooked through and safe to eat.
Can you make pork chops in the instant pot?
Yes! I love my Instant Pot as much as my Air Fryer, and it works so wonderfully for this cut! Use thicker cuts that will hold up well to the internal pressure of the Instant Pot. You can even use the Instant Pot to cook both your veggies and meat at the same time. But don’t take my word for it. Try these pork recipes out for yourself!
- Instant Pot Pork Roast
- Instant Pot Apple Cider Chops
- IP Pork Tenderloin
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Kahlua Pork
What to serve with pork chops?
The magic of this recipe is that it already tastes delicious, but the simplicity of the seasonings means you can serve it with virtually any side dish.
Pair it with some greens for a well-rounded meal such as sauteed spinach, roasted broccoli, or your favorite salad. They’re also great with spuds like baked potatoes or sweet potato mash. Grains and pasta are a winning combination too!
- Use thicker cuts to keep the meat juicy.
- If you want a crunchier coating, you may use breading.
- Use freshly-grated Parmesan cheese for maximum flavor.
- Check the internal temperature for doneness a few times while cooking to make sure it’s cooked through.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 25 mins
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian dried herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pat dry pork chops with paper towels, then brush both sides with oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the Seasoning ingredients, stir to combine.
- Coat both sides of pork chops with the Parmesan mixture, pressing slightly for it to stick to the chops.
- Place pork chops in the basket of the air fryer and cook at 400° for 12 minutes, flip pork chops after 6 minutes.
- The pork chops should be golden brown and cooked to an internal temperature of 145-160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange on a serving plate and let them rest 10 minutes before slicing or serving.