Last updated on January 1st, 2023 at 02:21 pm
Roasted Pork Loin recipe is very easy to prepare and results in a tender, juicy, and very flavorful meal. The meat is cooked to perfection and seasoned with garlic and some brown sugar. Once cooked, it has an impressive appeal and is great to serve during the holidays or for a dinner party.
If you are looking for another delicious pork loin recipe, try our Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork Loin with pineapple chunks and garlic powder. Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin with balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar is a flavorful pork tenderloin recipe.
How to Cook Pork Loin is easy with this simple recipe of olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, and spice mix. This roasted pork loin recipe is great comfort food for a busy weeknight or any day of the week. Whether you are serving the whole family or just yourself, you can always freeze your leftovers.
This Pork Loin Roast is a simple dish to prepare that requires only a few ingredients for an incredibly tender and delicious meal. Boneless pork loin (different than a pork tenderloin), is a budget-friendly and lean cut of meat that produces the most succulent and flavorful pork roast.
It is a great cut of meat that comes with a thin layer of fat on top. Once roasted, it has a crispy top and a juicy interior that is simply irresistible. We’ve been making this recipe for many years and is always a huge hit with family and guests.
Learn how to cook pork loin with very little prep time and versatility, you can change this dish as you wish. If you are not a garlic fan, leave out the garlic cloves and use onions or scallions.
If you like spicy food, add some red pepper flakes or hot sauce. This is a great recipe to play with, using different ideas like chicken stock, fresh rosemary, and other fresh herbs.
Are you searching for more easy recipes? This Pork Tenderloin recipe with cabbage is another one of our easy recipes you can enjoy for dinner tonight. Sweet chili lime chicken made with green onions and lime juice can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. It goes great with our pineapple crumb bars for dessert.
Besides the meat, you will not need much for this pork loin recipe. For the precise ingredients and directions, scroll down to our handy recipe card.
- Boneless pork loin: Not pork tenderloin.
- Olive oil: Plus extra olive oil for the pan.
- Garlic cloves: Whole garlic cloves and minced garlic.
- Garlic powder: If you are not as much into garlic as we are, you can skip this ingredient since you already have garlic cloves and minced garlic.
- Smoked paprika: You can use regular paprika if that is all you have.
- Brown sugar: Light or dark brown sugar are both fine for this great recipe.
- Salt and pepper: We used Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
How to make perfectly moist pork loin?
- Preheat the oven. First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Then, lightly grease a roasting pan with some olive oil, and set it aside.
- Prepare the meat: Using paper towels, pat dry the meat. Also, if the loin has any silver skin, gently remove it using a sharp knife. Then, using a knife, make some holes inside, and fill them with garlic cloves.
- Make the dry rub: In a small bowl, combine and mix all the seasonings together to make the dry rub. Then, rub the meat evenly on both sides.
- Roast: Next, add the seasoned loin to the roasting pan, fat side up. Bake it for about 20 minutes.
- Serve: Let it rest for a few minutes. Then, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, and serve it with your favorite side dish.
How to cook pork loin in the slow cooker:
- Sear the meat: First, oil your pork loin and use spice rub all over. Then sear the meat in a cast-iron skillet with olive oil until it is brown on all sides.
- Fill it with garlic: After, place the roast in the slow cooker fat side up and poke nine holes in the top. Place one garlic clove in each hole.
- Cook pork: Then, pour the pan juices over the meat and close the lid. Cook pork on low for four to six hours.
- Check the temperature: Before removing, check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to check for doneness. It should read at least 145 degrees F.
- Serve: Lastly, remove the cooked pork loin roast and place it in a serving dish. Cover with aluminum foil and let it sit for five to 10 minutes before you serve.
How to cook pork loin in the instant pot:
Instant Pot is another great and quick alternative. Check out my Instant Pot Balsamic Pork Loin, it’s a huge hit with rave reviews!
How to serve:
Once cooked, and it reaches 145°F on an instant-read thermometer, remove the pork loin roast from the oven. Cover the dish with aluminum foil, and let it rest for about 5-10 minutes. This way the meat will reabsorb all its juices and aromas.
Pork loins are absolutely delicious with any side dish and they do not take too long to cook. All you need is a roasting pan and a few other ingredients for a special dinner or just because. Here are some other ideas.
- This roasted pork loin goes great with green beans and creamy mashed potatoes. Try our cheesy baked green beans recipe.
- Alternatively, you can also enjoy your pork roast sliced into steaks and grilled. Add pineapple slices on top after grilling.
- Another way to serve pork loin is with brussels sprouts and baked potatoes, Creamy Mashed Potatoes, or Garlic Roasted Potatoes.
- Pour pan juices over the top of your roasted pork loin right before serving for succulent meat.
- Also, try our awesome recipe for balsamic glaze to add to your meat when serving.
- In addition, turn this roasted pork loin into pulled pork by shredding it with two forks. Pulled pork with BBQ sauce makes absolutely delicious pork sandwiches. In addition, it is great when served with creamy Mac and Cheese Casserole.
Frequently asked questions
Is there a difference between pork loin and pork tenderloin?
Although pork tenderloin and pork loin are both cut from the loin muscle, they are different in other ways. For example, a pork loin is a wide thick cut of muscle from the back between the ribs and the fat. It has a fat layer that keeps it moist as it cooks.
Pork tenderloin is a thin, long cut from the loin muscle along the spine. It is very lean and has less fat so even the best pork tenderloin can dry out if you cook it too long. It is best to sear and grill or cut into smaller pieces and air-fried or baked in juice or broth.
Is this a healthy meal?
Using this roasted pork loin roast recipe, the calories per serving are 377 with 4 grams of carbohydrates, 16 grams of fat, and 142 milligrams of cholesterol. However, with 50 grams of protein, 15 milligrams of calcium, and 165 units of vitamin A, this pork loin recipe is healthy.
Why is my pork loin dry?
You may have cooked it too long. When cooking in the oven, it is best to cook your pork loin roast on high heat for a shorter amount of time. However, in a slow cooker, roasted pork loin will always be juicy and tender. Also, make sure you cook your pork loin fat side up so it bastes itself.
In addition, to get juicy, melt in your mouth results, simply do not overcook the pork loin roast. It is that simple, yet important. Since this is delicate meat cut on the leaner side, cooking time plays an important role here.
Can pork loin be served a little pink?
The US Department of Agriculture recommends that pork should be cooked to 145 degrees F and then allowed to sit for five minutes before serving. This will make your pork medium rare and maybe a bit pink in the middle.
Important to remember, that resting it for about 5 minutes is essential for succulent meat. It is best to cover it with foil and let it rest for a few minutes. As it rests, the internal temperature will naturally increase a bit, so keep this in mind.
Refer to the below internal temperature guidelines for the desired doneness.
- Medium-Rare – 145 to 150 degrees F.
- For Medium – 150 to 155 degrees F.
- Medium-Well – 155 to 160 degrees F.
- Well-Done – 160-165 degrees F.
How long do I cook a pork loin?
Since this is a larger meat cut, it is really important to cook it properly. For best results, you want to cook it for roughly 25 minutes per pound.
Therefore, if you are cooking a 3-pound loin, the average cooking time should be about 65 minutes. But again, always check the final internal temperature with a thermometer, as it might vary based on the oven.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: Save leftover pork loin in the fridge in an airtight container. To keep it even juicier, baste it and wrap it in plastic wrap first. Then you can simply store the loin in an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to 4 days.
- To freeze: Use a freezer-safe container to freeze your pork loin for up to three months.
- To thaw: Let your pork loin roast thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating and serving for best results.
- Reheat: Reheat pork loin roast in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or zap it in the microwave for one or two minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on your appliance and the size of the pork you are reheating.
More delicious pork recipes:
Roasted Pork Loin Recipe
- 2.5-3 pound pork loin (not tenderloin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for the pan)
- 6-9 cloves garlic (whole - use less if you want)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced - use less if you want)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Next, lightly grease a baking dish with some olive oil.
- Add the pork loin to a large bowl, pierce with a small knife 9 holes on top, or make as many based on how many cloves you will use. Fill those holes with 9 whole garlic cloves.
- Then, add the rest of the ingredients to the pork and rub it well on all sides.
- Add the pork loin to the prepared baking pan, fat side up.
- Cook for 50-55 minutes for medium to medium-well doneness (150-155 degrees F for internal temperature). Cook for 60-70 minutes for a well to be well-done, or until it has reached a temperature of 160-165 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.