Last updated on June 10th, 2022 at 02:54 pm
Pineapple pork chops are a quick and easy one-pan meal, flavored with garlic, brown sugar, maple syrup, and loaded with juicy pineapple tidbits. Rubbed with garlic, onion, and smoked paprika and then cooked in pineapple juice, these tender pork chops are exquisite.
Pineapple pork chops are a fast and easy meal that you can make in under 30 minutes, but they taste like you spent hours preparing them.
The acid in the pineapple juice makes the meat juicy making this one of our favorite pork chop recipes. Making grilled pineapple on the side or to place on top of the pork chops is even better. In fact, if you grill the pineapple first, you can call them grilled pineapple pork chops.
Whether you want to serve these over rice, noodles, potatoes, or just by themselves, any of these pork chop recipes are delicious. For a larger meal, try our mouthwatering Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork Loin with brown sugar and grilled pineapple.
These are the main things you need for this pineapple pork chops recipe. For exact measurements and details, scroll down to our recipe card below.
- Boneless pork chops
- Cooking oil: We used extra virgin olive oil.
- Can of unsweetened pineapple tidbits: Both the fruit and the juice.
- Maple syrup
- Brown sugar: Light or dark brown sugar will both work in this pineapple pork chops recipe.
- Soy sauce: We used gluten-free soy sauce.
- Garlic cloves: Finely minced.
- Cilantro: Minced, for serving.
For the rub:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Smoked paprika
- Black pepper
How to make pineapple pork chops recipe?
- Prepare: First, mix all the rub ingredients together and rub it into the meat on each side.
- Sear: Next, heat up the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until it is sizzling. Add the pork chops and sear them on one side for four to five minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Mix: While the pork chops are cooking, mix the pineapple juice, tidbits, maple syrup, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Cook: After flipping them, cover the pork chops with the pineapple juice mixture and continue to cook them for about 10 minutes. They are done when they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. By then, the pineapple juice should have reduced and thickened.
- Serve: Finally, serve your pineapple pork chops with pineapple sauce and a sprinkle of cilantro on top.
Baked pineapple pork chops:
- Preheat: First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and grease a baking dish with olive oil.
- Rub: Meanwhile, make the rub ingredients and rub them into both sides of each pork chop.
- Sear: Then, heat up the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat until it is hot, and sear them for four minutes per side.
- Mix: Meanwhile, mix the pineapple juice, tidbits, maple syrup, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Bake: Lastly, add the pork chops to the prepared baking dish and pour the pineapple juice mixture on top of it. Bake for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 145 degrees F.
- Serve: Finally, serve these delicious pineapple pork chops with pineapple sauce and a little cilantro over the top.
How to serve:
Pineapple pork chops are delicious and easy to make in minutes. Boneless pork chops make this even easier as you can cook pork chops faster that way.
- Put some fresh pineapple on top when serving.
- Drizzle some of our homemade orange sauce on top for even more flavor.
- These tasty pineapple pork chops go great with mashed potatoes.
- Use leftovers for this pineapple casserole recipe.
- Another perfect side dish for these pineapple pork chops is baked beans.
- You could also use leftovers in this sweet and sour pork recipe.
- Serve with chopped red onions on top for even more flavor.
Frequently asked questions
Can I make this in the instant pot?
Yes, these pork chops are easy to make in the instant pot. Rub the seasoning on them and then sear each side using the saute setting on your pot.
Then, pour in the rest of the ingredients and stir them up before cooking them on high pressure for 10 to 15 minutes.
How do I make grilled pineapple?
You can do this on the barbecue grill, in the air fryer, or on the stove. Just mix honey, butter, and salt in a small bowl and coat each pineapple ring before placing them on the grill. Making grilled pineapple on the barbecue grill takes about five minutes with a grill temperature of 350 degrees F.
Making grilled pineapple in the air fryer only takes about two minutes.
Does pineapple juice tenderize pork chops?
Yes, the acid in the pineapple juice is one way that it tenderizes any meat. But it also has an enzyme in it called bromelain that softens the muscle fibers.
The bromelain mixes with the protein to break down the fibers, softening the meat perfectly.
How can I make these more flavorful?
If you find that the pork chops are losing their flavor from too much juice or the saturated fat in the pork, you can also marinate them overnight. Just mix the pineapple juice ingredients in a large bowl with the pork chops and store them covered overnight.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: You can store your leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Freeze: If you cannot finish them in a few days, freeze them for up to three months.
- Thaw: Remember to move them to the fridge to thaw overnight before serving.
- Reheat: To reheat, put them in the microwave for one minute or reheat them in a saucepan on the stovetop.
More pork chop recipes:
One Pan Pineapple Pork Chops
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or olive oil)
- 14 ounce can of unsweetened pineapple tidbits (juice and fruit)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- Chopped cilantro (to serve)
- Pat dry the meat.
- Mix rub ingredients and season the pork chops on both sides really well.
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, and once hot add the pork chops and sear for 4-5 minutes, or until golden on one side.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl mix pineapple tidbits, maple syrup, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Flip the chops to the other side, then pour the pineapple mixture into the pan. Continue to cook the meat until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit and the sauce has reduced and thickened a bit, about 10-12 minutes. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit of water.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.