Air Fryer Salmon is done in a flash and produces the juiciest, most tender, seasoned fish ever. A healthy, no-fuss lunch or dinner!
Healthy Air Fryer Salmon
And it totally does! In fact, this method just became one of my all-time favorite ways of cooking salmon. I love how I can easily check the fish to make sure it’s done exactly the way I like it.
If it needs a little more time to cook, I just pop it back in! Best of all, everything cooks so FAST— this recipe literally takes minutes from the moment you turn on the fryer to plating it up.
Also, it’s super healthy as well because you need very little oil. You really have to try this one!
Air Fryer Salmon ingredients:
- Salmon: Get deboned fillets that are similar in thickness, around an inch to 1.5 inches thick.
- Olive oil: Makes the rub stick and helps the fish crisp up on the surface.
- Rub: Measure out some brown sugar, fresh ground pepper, onion powder, a dash of smoked paprika, garlic powder, powdered ginger, kosher salt, and some pepper flakes for a little kick.
- Lemon: Prepare a few wedges for garnish.
How to make Air Fryer Salmon?
- Blend the rub. Give all the ingredients for the rub a good whisk.
- Prep the fillets. Then, allow it to come to room temp by letting it sit on the counter for about an hour. Rub each one with oil, then coat well with the spice rub.
- Cook. Next, carefully place the fillets in the fryer basket. Set to 390F, and cook for 7 minutes. Check afterward to see if it’s done as you prefer. If not, turn it on again for a minute until it’s perfect.
- Serve. Enjoy it warm with some freshly squeezed lemon juice.
How long do I cook frozen fish in the air fryer?
It ultimately depends on the size and thickness of the fish. But generally, frozen fish fillet takes about 12 minutes at 380F.
The fillets used for this recipe are only 1 to 1.5 inches thick, so they only needed 7 minutes at 390F. If you’re not used to your equipment yet, set it for less time than you think the fish needs until you have a better grasp of how the fryer works.
And like I said, you can always put it back in if it’s not perfectly done yet!
What temperature should salmon be cooked?
The safe internal temp for this fish is 145F. Use a cooking thermometer for accurate measurements.
Is Air Fryer salmon healthy?
Yes, and it’s one of the healthiest meals you can have! The fish itself is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Also, this dish requires very little oil in the recipe, and the fish retains most of its nutrients because it cooks so quickly.
Can you cook frozen salmon in the air fryer?
Absolutely, and there’s no need to thaw it first, either. Just add a couple of minutes or so to the cooking time.
What to serve with Air Fryer Salmon?
In addition, it is super tasty with some mushroom soup, too!
How to store leftovers?
Wait for it to cool down completely before placing it into well-sealed containers. Then, consume within two days if you’re only storing it in the refrigerator.
For longer storage, keep it frozen for up to a month.
More Air Fryer recipes:
- To check if it’s done inside, peek into the fillet’s thickest part with a fork. It should be flaky but still slightly translucent in the middle.
- Alternatively, check for an internal temp of 145F.
- Feel free to use wild or farm-raised salmon.
Air Fryer Salmon
Air Fryer Salmon is done in a flash and produces the juiciest, most tender, seasoned fish ever.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 7 minutes Total time: 17 mins