Air Fryer Avocado Fries are creamy inside and covered with a crispy coating seasoned with herbs, spices, and everything bagel seasoning. These tasty alternatives to fries are healthy and keto-friendly. Most of all, they are absolutely addictive!
Every time I spot avocado at my local farmer’s market or grocery, I make sure to stock up. They’re fantastic for making delicious, healthy treats like our Avocado Lime Bars, Avocado Ricotta Olive Oil Cake, and Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream!
Air Fryer Avocado Fries
Air Fryer Avocado Fries are a must-try! It’s hard to beat the combination of creamy avocado slices and a crunchy, perfectly seasoned crust. Aside from herbs and spices, we’re also boosting the flavor with everything bagel seasoning. And did we mention they only take about 7 minutes in the air fryer? Serve with your favorite dip, and get ready to fight over the last piece!
Aside from being a great appetizer and snack, we also love subbing them for regular potato fries in our meals. They’re an amazing side to burgers, tacos and burritos, BBQs, and other entrees.
Finally, they’re an excellent choice for parties, too. Serve them on an appetizer buffet along with other healthy veggie starters like our Air Fryer Fried Pickles, Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Wings, and Air-Fryer Shrimp Cakes!
Why You Should Use an Air Fryer for Avocado Fries?
For one, it’s faster and less messy than frying or baking. In addition, it’s healthier too, since you don’t need a lot of fat to crisp them up. It’s also very convenient if you’re making smaller servings since you won’t have to heat up the oven or take out a frying pan to make this dish. If you want to make a big serving, simply air-fry in batches.
What do you need:
- salt and pepper
- smoked paprika
- garlic powder
- Italian dried herbs
- panko bread crumbs
- everything bagel seasoning
How to make Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Prep. Get your breading station ready! First, take out three bowls. In the first one, put your flour in plus the herbs, spices, plus salt, and fresh pepper. Next, beat your eggs in the second one and add a bit of water. Finally, mix your everything bagel seasoning and the panko in the third bowl.
- Coat. Coat each fry in this order: seasoned flour, then a dip in the egg, and lastly dredge it in the seasoned panko.
- Cook. Arrange in the air fryer basket in a single layer, with a small hap in between. Air-fry at 400F for 4 mins., then flip and air-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve. Enjoy hot with your favorite dipping sauce!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to slice avocados?
Peel and remove the pit first before slicing in half. Then, slice into fry/wedge shapes about a half-inch thick each.
How to bake Avocado Fries?
After coating all of the slices, place in a preheated 400F oven for about 15-20 mins. until crunchy and golden.
What to serve with avocado fries?
You can dip them in the usual mayo or ketchup, but we recommend serving it with special homemade sauces! You’ll get everyone raving when you serve them with Chipotle Sauce, Ranch Dressing, Thousand Island Dressing, Honey Mustard, and Tzatziki Sauce.
More air fryer recipes to try:
How to store leftovers?
After they’ve cooled down, place in a single layer inside an air-tight container. You can keep this chilled for up to 3 days, but for the best texture, we highly suggest finishing them ASAP.
Can you reheat them?
Yes, but do note that they won’t be as crunchy as freshly air-fried. To reheat, you can air-fry or bake them at 370F for a couple of minutes until hot and crisped up. We’re using a lower heat so they don’t burn and are able to warm up completely.
- You can also use this method for other vegetables like zucchini or sweet potatoes. Just add or subtract more minutes depending on the veggie.
- Since this breading has three layers, it’s important to organize your bowls. This will make it easier to coat each piece without making a big mess.
- Try other seasonings! These are delicious with Cajun seasoning, some cayenne for heat, Taco seasoning, dry ranch powder, lemon salt, seasoned bread crumbs, Old Bay, or parmesan.
Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- 4 medium avocados
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup everything bagel seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Line a small baking sheet or plate with wax paper and set it aside.
- Slice the avocados in half, lengthwise, and remove the pit. Carefully, peel the skin and slice each avocado half lengthwise into 1/2" thick slices.
- Add flour, black pepper, salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and Italian herbs to a bowl and stir with a fork. Set aside.
- In the second bowl, add 2 eggs, a splash of water, and whisk.
- In the third bowl, add the panko and the everything bagel seasoning, stir with a fork to combine.
- Take the avocado slices, one at a time, and toss in the flour mixture, then in the beaten eggs, then in the panko mixture. Set aside onto the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining slices.
- Spray air fryer basket with nonstick spray and add the breaded avocado slices in a single layer, making sure they're not touching each other. Cook in batches.
- Lightly spray them with cooking spray, and cook for 4 minutes. Turn over avocado slices, spray with cooking spray again, then cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with lemon slices and sauce for dipping.