Cheesy Turkey Sliders are ready in just 30 minutes. Loaded with white turkey meat, cranberry sauce, and cheese. Serve these with gravy for dipping.
We love making easy appetizers to be on top of our entertainment game. The holiday season doesn’t have to be stressful if you are the hostess. Check my Homemade Hummus Recipe that is ready in just 5 minutes! For the meat lovers just fix these Turkey Sliders that are guaranteed to be a hit with everyone.
Entertaining can sometimes be stressful, especially if you are hosting and you need to plan in advance. We usually opt for simple recipes that can be made ahead of time or can be fixed in a few minutes before guests arrive. In the end, the goal is to spend more time eating the food, than preparing it.
These Turkey Sliders are a great option when you need a quick and easy appetizer that is bound to impress everyone. If you have some Thanksgiving leftovers and can’t stomach another turkey sandwich or salad, there are better ways to put to good use that meat and cranberry sauce.
We like using leftover turkey for this recipe, and it works perfectly well. Also, you can use white turkey meat or darker meat, this is totally up to you. The sliders are guaranteed to please everyone!
What do you need to make Cheesy Turkey Sliders
- Hawaiian rolls
- Cranberry sauce
- White turkey meat – I used the On-Cor Gravy & Sliced White Meat Turkey entrée.
- Poppy seeds, optional
For the Buttery Mixture:
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Turkey Sliders Recipe Tips:
- Use the On-Cor Gravy & Sliced White Meat Turkey entrée to save time. All On-Cor entrées have no monosodium glutamate (MSG) added, which makes me like convenience even more.
- You can also make this recipe with shredded leftover turkey meat, delicious meat, roasted beef or ham.
- The cranberry sauce layer is optional, but it takes the whole appetizer to a new level. The combo of sweet and savory is absolutely delicious.
- You can use your favorite cheese in this recipe. I used shredded mozzarella cheese. I choose a milder cheese, for it to not compete with the other flavors.
- Another delicious option is to use provolone cheese or even gruyere cheese.
- To add some spiciness and a kick to the whole recipe, use Pepper Jack cheese.
- The poppy seeds on top are optional. They add a nice and subtle nutty flavor, but if you don’t have any on hand its ok to skip them.
- Watch the sliders in the oven to not burn them.
How do you make Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry Sauce takes only a few minutes and a few ingredients to make. With the holiday season in full swing, I think cranberry sauce is the way to go. You can use our quick and easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce recipe to fix some.
How do you serve the Turkey Sliders
First, it is important to note that the sliders should be served immediately or within 30 minutes of baking. If you have any leftovers, which I highly doubt, you should store them in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap, otherwise, the sliders will dry out.
While the cold sliders are still delicious, it is best to microwave them for 30 seconds to 1 minute before serving, if they have been refrigerated.
We enjoy serving these with warm gravy for dipping. The On-Cor Gravy & Sliced White Meat Turkey entrée makes this especially easy since it comes with the gravy ready. All you have to do is use the meat in the sliders and the gravy for dipping.
How to store turkey sliders?
If you end up with extra on hand, the best way to preserve them would be in the refrigerator. First, transfer them to an airtight container, or wrap each slider individually in an aluminum foil. Then, store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Watch Cheesy Turkey Sliders Recipe Video:
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 35 mins
- 1 12 count package Hawaiian sweet rolls (sliced in half)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 12 white turkey meat slices (I used On-Cor Gravy & Sliced White Meat Turkey entrée)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9×9-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- Using a long serrated knife, slice the rolls in half. Do NOT pull the individual rolls apart.
- Place the bottom part in the prepared pan.
- Spread the mayo evenly on the bottom layer.
- Spread the cranberry sauce evenly.
- Sprinkle one cup of cheese evenly.
- Top with the turkey slices.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese. Distribute evenly.
- Add the top part of the rolls, press slightly and set aside.
- Add the butter to a medium, microwave safe bowl and and heat on high for about 1 minute, until melted.
Add the garlic powder and whisk to combine.
- Pour the butter mixture evenly over the rolls. Use a pastry brush to spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Uncover and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the top is slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven, the the sliders cook for 5-10 minutes. Slice into individual sliders and serve immediately. They are best served warm with gravy for dipping.