Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce is so easy to make, cooked for only 1 minute on High Pressure. Flavored with orange juice, orange zest, and lemon zest.
Cranberry Sauce is such a Thanksgiving staple that I can’t imagine the holiday without it. The best part is that you can also make it in advance, and with this Instant Pot version it will only take you minutes to fix some. Other delicious Thanksgiving side dishes that we enjoy are Sweet Potato Casserole, Crispy Roasted Potatoes, Creamed Corn and Sweet Potato Soufflé.
The Best Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
Making Cranberry Sauce just got so much easier, forget about standing by the stove and having to stir it constantly. Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce takes only a few minutes to make and minimal prep work. Now your Thanksgiving prep just got easier, as you can make this recipe in advance as well.
After you add all the ingredients to the pressure cooker, you cook everything on High Pressure for 1 minute only, followed by a 5-minute Natural Pressure Release. After which you add more sugar and juice if needed, and cook the cranberries on Sauté mode for a few more minutes. Easy like that, the Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce is done.
This Cranberry Sauce is so good, you can just eat it with a spoon. Made with orange juice, orange zest and lemon zest for a beautiful citrusy flavor. If you intend to add it to desserts, you can stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract as well.
How do you make Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce?
One of the easiest and fool-proof ways to make cranberry sauce is by using your pressure cooker.
Cranberry Sauce Ingredients:
- Fresh cranberries
- Orange juice
- Orange Zest
- Lemon Zest
- Pinch of salt
Please feel free to watch the short recipe video attached. It shows all the steps taken to make this easy, yet delicious dish.
- First, in a small bowl combine the warm orange juice with 2 tablespoons of sugar, until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add the orange juice mixture to the Instant Pot.
- Then, add the rest of the ingredients: cranberries (reserving about 1/2 cup), orange zest, lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- Cook on High Pressure for 1 minute, followed by a 5-minute Natural Pressure Release.
- Open the Instant Pot, stir the mixture, and add the remaining sugar 1/2 cup at a time and remaining cranberries. Stir to combine until the sugar is dissolved.
- Also, if you want the sauce thicker, add more sugar and keep cooking it to reduce the liquid. If you want the sauce thinner, add more orange juice, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Once the sauce is thick enough and as sweet as you like it, turn off the pot and add it to a serving bowl.
- Fully cool the sauce before refrigerating it.
How long do you cook Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce?
You cook the sauce for 1 minute on High Pressure, followed by a 5-minute Natural Pressure Release. After this, you switch to the sauce and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
Is Cranberry Sauce served warm or cold?
Cranberry sauce can be made as early as a week before Thanksgiving, as it keeps well in the refrigerator. The sauce can be served chilled or at room temperature. But there is no harm if you want to heat it up a little before adding it to some warm turkey.
How to thicken or “jell” the Cranberry Sauce:
- You can thicken cranberry sauce by adding more sugar. Usually, if the sauce is too watery, it means you added too much liquid and not enough sugar. A solution is to add more sugar and continue to cook and stir to reduce the liquid.
- Another solution, in case you don’t want to sweeten the sauce more, is to add a mix of cornstarch and water. In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with two tablespoons of water until cornstarch is fully dissolved. Then, add the mixture to the sauce and stir to combine. If it’s still too thin, repeat by adding another round of cornstarch slurry. Simmer for a few minutes and keep in mind that the sauce will thicken more once it cools.
How to store Cranberry Sauce?
- Cranberry Sauce keeps well in the refrigerator and can be made one week in advance.
- First, let it fully cool at room temperature.
- Then, place it in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
How to Freeze Cranberry Sauce?
- Cranberry Sauce freezes well, so if you have leftovers, you can easily freeze them.
- First, let it fully cool at room temperature.
- Then, place it in a covered airtight, freezer-safe container or freezer bags. If using freezer bags, press to remove excess air before closing the bag.
- Transfer to the freezer. If using freezer bags, lay them flat in the freezer.
- Freeze for up to 3-4 months.
How to thaw it?
- Remove sauce from the freezer and place it in the fridge overnight.
- Another method is to place the bag with frozen sauce in a casserole dish under running warm water.
- Once thawed, add the sauce to a saucepan and bring to boil. If needed add either more sugar or more juice. Stir to combine.
Watch Recipe Video:
Easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce is so easy to make, cooked for only 1 minute on High Pressure. Flavored with orange juice, orange zest and lemon zest.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 20 mins
To Cook The Cranberries: