Cranberry Cheesecake is a classic American favorite that is perfect for Thanksgiving! It has a spiced crust, an orange-infused filling, and sugared cranberries as a topping!
We are not yet done with all these Thanksgiving recipes and we have lots of them! Want some recommendations? Check out our recipes for the Creamy Sweet Potato Soup, Pecan Pie Bars, and Dry Brined Turkey!
Cranberry Cheesecake with Sugared Cranberries
Cranberry Cheesecake is creamy, tart, and sweet at the same time. Can’t help but use this juicy berry into this dessert!
What I like about this recipe is how the Thanksgiving flavors are incorporated into every bite of this thing.
The crust has the woody flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg. The filling has the cranberry-orange flavor combination. And the sugared berries top this dessert.
There is no canned fruit in this recipe. We are making this beauty from scratch because you must get to control the taste and what gets into your perfect dessert.
This recipe is a great opportunity to make use of the abundant berries this season! Although you can always freeze them for later use, it is still best to make as many dishes as you can while you can get them fresh.
How to make Cranberry Cheesecake?
- Prepare for baking: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and put the top rack right in the middle.
- Make the crust: Mix all the crust ingredients in a bowl until crumbly. Lightly butter the springform pan. Then, using a measuring cup, press the mixture along the sides and flat against the bottom of the pan. Make sure that the layer is even and compact. Chill the crust for about 20 minutes, then, cover the bottom and the sides of the pan with plastic. This will later be put in a water bath and so, the plastic serves as the barrier against the water.
- Prepare the filling: Beat the cream cheese until soft and fluffy using a mixer. Mix in the flour and sugar. Once creamy, slowly mix in the eggs just until fully incorporated. Do not overbeat. Mix in the rest of the ingredients with the cranberry sauce coming in last. Pour everything in the pan and then, swirl the sauce in with a knife.
- Bake in a water bath: Put the pan inside a bigger pan like a roasting pan. Add hot water until it reaches about half of the pan. Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes. Check on it after 40 minutes. It should still be jiggly at the center. Let it cool.
- Add the toppings and serve: Garnish with the sugared cranberries then, serve!
What are sugared cranberries?
Also called candied cranberries, they are used as a garnish for desserts. Follow this procedure when using this as a topping in this recipe:
- In a saucepan, dissolve the sugar in the water and orange juice solution.
- Add in the cranberries to coat with the syrup.
- Let the coated fruits cool on a parchment paper-covered surface.
- Toss them in sugar and then, use as a topping.
How to correctly chill a cheesecake?
Simply follow this procedure and you are bound to perfect it! The key here is to cool it very slowly.
- Turn off the oven heat and then, open the door slightly allowing it to cool down slowly. This can last for about one hour.
- Place it on the rack to cool completely for another two hours then, refrigerate.
- Remove from the pan, then, refrigerate the whole thing for at least 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
How to remove Cranberry Cheesecake from the springform pan?
Do this by running a knife on the sides of this dessert to loosen any spot that may have stuck to the metal. Make sure though that before you do this, the dish has cooled sufficiently. Then, unbuckle the sidewall to completely remove it.
How to store it:
- Refrigerate: In the fridge, it will keep for about a week. Cover it loosely.
- Freeze: You can keep it in the freezer for up to 6 months. Just thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
- The display in your oven may not be accurate. So, use an oven thermometer for a more accurate reading. Depending on your oven temperature, you may have to adjust the cooking time.
- You can make the topping in advance as you can refrigerate it well for about 2 to 3 days. Toss again in sugar when you see that it starts to weep.
- If you have leftovers from the topping, you can snack on them separately.
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 7 hrs 30 mins
Recipe for Cranberry Sauce: https://sweetandsavorymeals.com/cranberry-sauce/