Cranberry Orange Turkey Breast
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cranberry Orange Turkey Breast is such a great, easy and delicious alternative to cooking a whole turkey. The meat turns out juicy and flavorful.
Cranberry Orange Turkey Breast is such a great alternative to cooking a whole turkey. If you have a small gathering on Thanksgiving, or just crave a delicious turkey dinner, this is the recipe to go for. I absolutely love how this turkey breast turned out, it is so easy to make in one pan. Tart cranberries, orange juice, orange zest and lingonberry jam create a juicy sauce in which the turkey is roasted. The sauce can be poured afterwards on the meat when you serve it. This Cranberry Orange Turkey Breast is made with simple, easy to find ingredients and you have to use just one roasting dish.
To make this dish even tastier, the turkey breast has been rubbed with a brown sugar and spices blend, that adds to the festive holiday flavors. Garnish the roast with fresh cranberries and extra orange zest, fresh rosemary or thyme, right before serving.
Tips and Tricks to make the perfect One Pan Cranberry Orange Turkey Breast :
- I like making this dish with turkey breast, but it works great with chicken breasts or chicken thighs, you will have to use about 6.
- For the best flavors, its better to buy herb marinated turkey breast as it is more tender. Just make sure you don’t buy one that it is in an overpowering marinade, for the flavors not to compete.
- Don’t skip the fresh orange zest, it’s what it makes the dish amazing.
- For a spicier kick, add 1-2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes.
- After the turkey breast has been cooked you can serve it with the sauce. You can also run the sauce thru a mesh drainer to make it smooth.
Looking for more Holiday Dinners? Check these out:
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Orange Ham
- Wine Roasted Beef Tenderloin
- Stuffed Flank Steak
- Slow Cooker Asian Short Ribs
- Red Wine Pot Roast
Can I make this Cranberry Orange Turkey Breast in the Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can! Prepare the sauce and the rub as directed in the recipe. Add the turkey to the slow cooker and add the sauce around it. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for about 2 hours. The internal temperature of the turkey breast should be at 165 F degrees.
CRANBERRY ORANGE TURKEY BREAST
Cranberry Orange Turkey Breast is such a great, easy and delicious alternative to cooking a whole turkey.
- 1 turkey breast about 4 lb
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cranberries fresh
- 1 14 ounces can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup Lingonberry Jam can be replaced with Apple Jelly
- 1 cup orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Add all the "Rub Blend" ingredients to a small bowl and mix to combine. Rub well onto the turkey breast and set aside.
Add all the cranberry sauce, lingonberry jam, fresh cranberries and orange zest to a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
Combine orange juice with cornstarch in a cup, whisk to combine and stir into the cranberry mixture.
Lightly grease a roasting pan that is big enough for the turkey breast. Don't use a very large pan, the breast needs to sit in tightly.
Add the seasoned turkey breast to the roasting pan and pour the cranberry sauce around the it. Don't pour much on top of the breast, as you want it to roast nicely without burning.
Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature of the turkey breast is at 165 F degrees.
Remove the roasting pan from the oven, cover with aluminum foil and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing the turkey.
Garnish with fresh cranberries and extra orange zest before serving.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.