Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Copycat is the ultimate homemade version of a classic fall drink! It is made with pumpkin puree, brown sugar, coffee, milk, and fall spices. A quick and easy drink ready in ten minutes, that tastes better than store-bought!
Hot drinks like coffee and tea are the best drinks to have during a lazy autumn day. As such, you may want to make some hot or cold homemade drinks. Slurp some luscious beverages such as London Fog Latte, Irish Coffee, and White Hot Chocolate.
The fall season is finally upon us, and this means that our fall favorite Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe is on the menu. You can order it at your local coffee shops, but it is also not cheap!
I like making my own, homemade pumpkin spice latte and load it with chilly fall flavors. We actually love this drink so much, that during the autumn season, we make it daily! Also, it is super easy to make, loaded with natural flavors, and ready in less than 10 minutes. And, if you have an espresso machine, half the work is already done!
This Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Copycat makes for a great during a chilly fall morning. Although it is considered a seasonal drink, this recipe has become a staple all year round in the popular coffeehouse because of how good it is.
As you know, buying coffee can be quite expensive. This is exactly why it is so great to know how to get the same taste with ingredients you can find at home. The recipe has been around since 2003 and who knows how much everyone has spent for it when they can just make it right at home.
In addition, I love seeing the surprised faces of my friends and family when they take a sip of it. Everyone who has tasted it always ends up asking me how I did it.
This is why it is also about the time that I share this recipe with you. I hope you enjoy brewing this popular latte and be entertained seeing your peers be amazed.
- Milk: Feel free to use any kind of milk, such as whole milk, skim milk, or non-dairy milk. Also, you can even use almond or oat milk.
- Pumpkin puree: I like to use real pumpkin puree made from scratch. This way I know exactly what goes into it, and I can control the flavors. If not, go with canned puree.
- Sugar: Brown sugar works the best here.
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extract: It adds a nice aroma. However, skip it if you are not a fan.
- Cup of coffee: I like to brew my own dark roast coffee or make a hot espresso at home. But you can also use cold coffee. Just adjust the amount of coffee per your taste.
- Whipped cream, nutmeg, and ground cinnamon: To garnish.
How do you make the best Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte?
- Heat the milk mixture. First, heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Then add in pumpkin puree, and sugar. Also, be careful not to let it boil by stirring it constantly.
- Make the froth. Next, add in the spices, vanilla extracts, and instant coffee or espresso until froth starts to form.
- Serve. Lastly, pour the drink into a mason jar or glass cup, and top it with whipped cream and a dash of ground cinnamon. Serve with a nice side of pumpkin bread.
Using the microwave:
- When using the microwave, just place the milk, puree, sugar, spice, and vanilla into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Next, heat over a minute or when the mixture turns frothy.
- Then, transfer to a mug and add coffee and garnish. Serve.
- Vanilla: I love vanilla and it adds a nice boost of flavors here. However, feel free to omit it, or use simple syrup or some mint extract.
- Milk: As stated above, use any type you prefer. Whole milk, skim milk, or coconut milk will work.
- Sugar substitute: If you want to reduce the sugar intake, then use stevia instead.
- Cinnamon, stick, or ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Maple syrup
- Caramel drizzles
- Melted chocolate
- Sea salt flakes
Best glasses for a latte:
There are many designs for mugs that will make your latte look more appealing. I recommend purchasing one of these to get that picture-perfect beverage:
More pumpkin recipes:
Pumpkin is such a versatile ingredient because you can use it in desserts, meals, and even with drinks.
Also, during the fall season, there may be an overload on this ingredient, and making purees can help make it last longer.
If you do not have any idea what to do with excess purees, try to bake these goodies for a delicious autumn treat:
Can you make Pumpkin Spice Latte in advance?
If you are serving it to many guests, you may want to make the mixture in advance.
Also, because the milk spoils easily, make sure to store it in the fridge using an airtight container.
Reheat first before adding your coffee or espresso.
- Want to have a sip of this delicious latte without getting a caffeine kick? Try replacing your espresso or instant coffee with superfoods such as raw cacao.
- Also, if you are a vegan, substitute whole milk with coconut or almond milk. Also, you could use a combination of both at the same time!
- Turning this drink into an iced variety is what makes it perfect even for the summer season.
- Make homemade lattes by using pumpkin spice creamer, milk, and an espresso shot. Pour the ingredients over ice and garnish accordingly.
- In addition, if you are avoiding sugar, use maple syrup or honey for a healthier option.
Starbucks Pumpkin Latte Copycat
- 3 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup hot brewed strong coffee
- sugar (to taste)
- whipped cream
- pumpkin pie spice
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, and brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until hot and steamy, but DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in the pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the coffee and continue to whisk until frothy.
- Pour between two coffee mugs and add sugar if needed.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Add the milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla to a microwave-safe bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds, or until milk is frothy.
- Pour into mugs, add the coffee, garnish and serve.