White Hot Chocolate is perfect for a white Christmas theme! Enjoy this decadent drink to warm up your winter nights! Serve it this holiday season! Check out the video tutorial below and see how simple this recipe is!
The nights of December could be uncomfortably cold, but they become bearable with warm drinks! This recipe is just one of the many recipes that you can check out to have a nice drink this holiday season. Try our Christmas Punch, Slow Cooker Apple Cider, and Irish Coffee!
Homemade White Hot Chocolate Recipe
White Hot Chocolate is something that I like having when I go to Starbucks. Hence, I am sharing with you my homemade recipe for this Starbucks favorite!
It is highly customizable however way you want it to be. The best part is that you can have it when you want it!
This is one festive-looking drink despite being neutrally colored. Instead, the white color provides a nice backdrop for all the colorful toppings that you can put to add color and flavor.
The sweetness is just right and a pinch of salt balances it out nicely. And the secret to a rich drink like this is using high-quality chocolate as a base. The perfect ratio of milk and cream also adds creaminess like no other.
This drink is a hit among family and friends. So, it makes for a perfect beverage this holiday season! Decorate it with chocolate chips, shavings, marshmallows, and whatnots!
What do you need to make White Hot Chocolate?
The basic ingredients that you will need are the following:
- milk: use 2%, whole, skim, or half and half
- cream: combine with milk, can be heavy or half and half
- white chocolate: must be of good quality, can be in the form of chips or chopped bars
- pinch of salt: sea salt is an option
- vanilla extract: for more flavor, optional
- garnishes: use marshmallows, shavings, etc.
How to make White Hot Chocolate:
- Melt: Put all the wet ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the bits of chocolate to melt until smooth. Do not let the mixture boil or the chocolate may steep.
- Garnish: Put whipped cream on top, marshmallows, etc. Then, serve warm.
How to make Starbucks White Hot Chocolate:
If you follow the recipe described in this post, then, you will be getting a copycat Starbucks drink. And just like Starbucks, be ready to have garnishes available.
Here are some suggestions as to how to change things up in this recipe:
- sauces: add different kinds of sauces such as caramel or mocha sauce
- spices: add spices like cinnamon and nutmeg
- powder: strawberry and matcha powder may turn the white color into pink or green which is perfect for Christmas or any occasion
- vanilla: this recipe calls for vanilla extract, but vanilla paste can also be used, and if you are not fond of this flavor, you may leave it out
How to Store:
When already at room temperature, leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. Simply reheat on the stove when needed.
- Serve it with cookies! A few suggestions are Cheesecake Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies, Buckeye Brownie Cookies, and Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies.
- Follow my recipe for homemade whipped cream that you can put on top.
- A drizzle of caramel sauce is also a nice touch to add on top. Follow my recipe for the keto caramel sauce.
White Hot Chocolate
White Hot Chocolate is perfect for a white Christmas theme! Enjoy this decadent drink to warm up your winter nights! Serve it this holiday season!
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 15 mins