Oven Roasted Turkey Breast is a simple and delicious recipe that is perfect for serving smaller groups for the holidays or a weekend meal. The meat turns out tender and juicy and is a great alternative to cooking a whole turkey.
With the holiday season in full swing, this is a perfect recipe to have on your holiday table. It is a great dish that will go well for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or even as a regular dinner meal. For other holiday-inspired turkey dishes, I highly recommend you try two of my most popular recipes: Cranberry Orange Turkey Breast and Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe.
Easy Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
Oven Roasted Turkey Breast is probably one of the easiest dishes you can prepare during the holiday season. To prepare the turkey breast, simply rub the turkey from top to bottom with the olive oil, honey, orange juice and zest, some garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper and brown sugar.
From there, place it in your roasting pan and put it in the oven. Once cooked, slice it up and serve with your favorite side dishes. Similarly, a great alternative would be to slice it up and use the breast meat in a sandwich.
The brown sugar and orange is a perfect combo mix and makes the turkey breast aromatic and very flavorful. Also, it gives the breast the perfect holiday look, which is guaranteed to be a hit with everyone, especially on the Thanksgiving table.
We have used skinless breasts in this recipe, but the skin on will perfectly work as well. The turkey breast is served with the most amazing Honey Orange Glaze, which is a great alternative to gravy.
What do you need to make Oven Roasted Turkey Breast?
- 1 3 pounds turkey breast
- zest of one orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
How to make the Perfect Oven Roasted Turkey Breast?
- To prep, the turkey breast, combine all the ingredients and simply rub well onto the turkey breast.
- From there, place it in your roasting pan and put it in the oven for about 11/2 hours at 325F.
- Once cooked, slice it up and serve with your favorite side dishes.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO ROAST A TURKEY BREAST?
On average, a turkey breast takes about 1 1/2 hours to cook per 4 pounds of meat. Also, if you are cooking larger size breast the time needs to be adjusted accordingly. For example, if you use an 8-pound turkey breast, your cooking time will double to about 3 hours. Before eating it, make sure that the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
CAN I MAKE TURKEY BREAST IN THE SLOW COOKER?
Yes, you can! First, combine all the ingredients and simply rub well onto the turkey breast. Then, add the turkey to the slow cooker and add the remaining orange juice mixture around it. Lastly, cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high or about 6-7 hours on low. The internal temperature of the turkey breast should be at 165 F degrees.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH LEFTOVER TURKEY?
Leftover turkey doesn’t have to be boring, it can be added to many delicious recipes, such as Turkey Tetrazzini or Turkey Chili. Similarly, you can replace the chicken with turkey in this delicious Chicken Spaghetti Casserole or Crack Chicken Casserole. You can also add it to salads, wraps, and sandwiches.
HOW TO MAKE ORANGE ZEST?
- First, rinse the orange.
- Then, set your tool over a cutting board. A Microplane produces a very fine zest, perfect for baking and cooking. If you don’t have a microplane, use the smallest holes on an ordinary grater.
- Next, grate the skin of the orange only. Grate just enough to get through the orange skin, this way you can avoid the bitter white pith underneath.
- Rotate the orange and repeat. Once the white pith is exposed, rotate the orange and zest the next strip of peel. Repeat until most of the peel is removed, or until you have enough zest for your recipe.
What to serve with Oven Roasted Turkey Breast?
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Roasted brussel sprouts
- Corn casserole
- Green bean casserole
- Sweet potatoes
- Chunky mashed potatoes
Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe Tips:
- I like making this dish with turkey breast, but it works great with chicken breasts or chicken thighs – you will have to use about 6.
- Also, don’t skip the fresh orange zest, it’s what it makes the dish amazing.
- For a spicier kick, add 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep the breast moist and evenly cooked.
- Similarly, let the turkey rest covered by the foil for about 15 minutes. This will ensure the meat is moist and juicy.
Watch Recipe Video:
Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes Total time: 1 hr 40 mins
Honey Orange Sauce - Optional:
Honey Orange Sauce - Optional: