Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili [Video]
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili is such a hearty and delicious meal that can be made with leftover turkey meat. Just add everything to the crockpot and cook.
Slow Cooker Recipes are such a time saver and a staple in our house. I just love adding all the ingredients to my slow cooker and let it work its magic. For instance, you should try our easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup, the Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup and this Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken is always a success. Similarly, if you are looking for something more fancy, yet easy, these Slow Cooker Short Ribs are a great option.
Easy Crockpot White Turkey Chili
I love a good slow cooker meal like this White Turkey Chili, because it is very easy to make, and it always turns out delicious. This chili is creamy, hearty and just a little spicy. The best part is that you just add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and let it work its magic, ending up with a tasty meal.
In addition, this recipe can also be made with chicken, use a rotisserie chicken to save some time. For a milder, less spicy version, just skip the diced chiles and the jalapeño. This White Turkey Chili is creamy, with tender meat, buttery beans, and sweet corn. I like serving it with a squeeze of fresh lime, corn chips, a large dollop of sour cream and some slices of fresh jalapeños.
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK SLOW COOKER WHITE TURKEY CHILI
Cook the turkey chili for 3 hours on High or 5-6 hours on Low.
Follow Sweet and Savory Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Pin This Best Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili Recipe to your Favorite Board
HOW DO YOU MAKE SLOW COOKER WHITE TURKEY CHILI
This White Turkey Chili is very easy to make and you can make it with either cooked or uncooked turkey meat.
MAKING SLOW COOKER WHITE TURKEY CHILI USING COOKED TURKEY:
- Follow the recipe directions and add the required ingredients to the slow cooker, cook per recipe directions.
- Next, 30 minutes before the chili is done cooking, stir in shredded cheese, cream, and sour cream.
- Also, you can use an immersion blender to blend all the ingredients and make it thicker.
- Serve the chili with your favorite toppings.
MAKING SLOW COOKER WHITE TURKEY CHILI USING UNCOOKED TURKEY:
- First, slice the turkey breast into a few portions.
- Then, follow the recipe directions and add the uncooked turkey to the slow cooker, just like you would add the cooked turkey.
- Next, add the rest of the required ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4 hours, until the turkey is cooked through. Using two forks shred the turkey and stir.
- Next, 30 minutes before the chili is done cooking, stir in shredded cheese, cream and sour cream.
- You can use an immersion blender to blend all the ingredients and make it thicker.
- Serve the chili with your favorite toppings.
SLOW COOKER WHITE TURKEY CHILI TIPS:
- This recipe can be made with either chicken or turkey. Also, it can be made vegetarian, just add extra beans and skip the meat.
- In addition, adding some cooked bacon will add an amazing smoky and rich flavor to the chili.
- Using fresh onion, and garlic will also add lots of flavors.
- Similarly, you can add herbs, like thyme and oregano.
- The green chiles can be skipped, for less spicy chili.
SLOW COOKER WHITE TURKEY CHILI TOPPING SUGGESTIONS:
- Bacon crumbs or chopped bacon
- Pepperjack cheese
- Chopped green onion or parsley
- Diced chives
- A dollop of sour cream
- Corn chips
HOW TO FREEZE SLOW COOKER WHITE TURKEY CHILI
- First, let the chili completely cool.
- I recommend using quart bags to freeze it. Then, use a cup to transfer the chili into the bags.
- Next, squeeze out excess air and seal the bags. The bags can nicely be stored in the freezer for up to 3-4 months.
- Similarly, to thaw the chili, first remove it from the freezer the night before serving. Also, you can put the sealed soup bag in warm water to thaw it faster.
- Heat in a soup pan, simmer for a few minutes. Serve.
Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili Recipe Video:
Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili
Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili is such a hearty and delicious meal that can be made with leftover tutkey meat. Just add everything to the crockpot and cook.
- 4 cups cooked shredded turkey meat
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 2 15 oz. cans white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can sweet corn drained and rinsed
- 1 4.5 oz. can green chiles
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- Lime juice
- Freshly chopped cilantro or parsley
- Extra cheese
- Sour cream
- Corn chips
- Add the shredded turkey meat to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Top with the white beans, green chiles, minced jalapeño, diced onion, minced garlic, sweet corn, dried oregano, dried thyme, dried parsley, cumin, salt, pepper, lime juice, lime zest and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine. Add chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- When there are 30 minutes of cooking remaining, stir in sour cream until fully combined. Stir in shredded cheese until melted and fully combined. Stir in sour cream.
If you would prefer a thicker soup, in a small bowl combine cornstarch and water, until cornstarch is fully dissolved and the mixture to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for extra 30 minutes on high.
Optional: using an immersion blender, puree a portion of the chili, about 1/4, to thicken it, leaving the rest of the ingredients whole.
- Serve topped with a squeeze of fresh lime juice add your favorite toppings.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.