Slow Cooker Corned Beef
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef is the easiest recipe ever. All you have to do is add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and let it work its magic.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef is one of the easiest dinners you can make, easy enough to be made on a weeknight. All you have to do is add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and forget about it until ready to serve. It can’t get any easier, unless you order the meal at a restaurant. This Slow Cooker Corned Beef is juicy and flavorful, slowly cooked with lots of garlic and spices. You can add potatoes and carrots 2-3 hours before the corned beef is ready, to you have the sides done at the same time.
How To Choose The Best Cut Of Corned Beef:
It comes down to three options, the best one is considered the brisket.
- The “flat” cut – leaner and features a more consistent thickness.
- The “point” – it is the thicker end of the brisket, fattier, with inter-muscular fat or marbling.
- A whole brisket, which includes both the flat and the point, probably is the best choice.
How Long Do You Cook Corned Beef In The Crockpot?
It depends on what setting you are cooking. A 3-4 pounds corned beef brisket, needs to be cooked on low, about 8 -10 hours and on high you are looking at 4-5 hours.
How Do You Cook Corned Beef Brisket In a Crockpot?
Check the recipe below. It’s really easy, all you have to do is add all the ingredients and cook on the preferred setting. You can brown the brisket on easy side before adding it to the slow cooker, this way it will have a crispier top.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Corned Beef?
- The Slow Cooker Corned Beef takes about 8-10 hours on low.
- In the oven it will take about 4-6 hours, depends how big is the brisket.
- In the Pressure Cooker it will take about 1.5 hours.
What Does Corned Beef Taste Like?
Corned beef tastes amazing!! It has a slightly salty tasty and a bit sour, if cooked the right way it is incredibly tender!
How Do You Eat Corned Beef:
There are many, many delicious options:
- Serve it with potatoes, carrots and cabbage.
- Shred it and make Reuben Sandwiches or go a step further and make a Reuben Grilled Cheese.
- Serve it over pasta or mashed potatoes.
- Make corned beef hash!
How Do You Make Tender Corned Beef:
Regardless of what cooking method you choose, it is good to pierce the brisket with a knife and add in some garlic cloves. This will add more flavor and also make the corned beef tender.
Tools/ingredients used to make the Best Slow Cooker Corned Beef Recipe:
- Crockpot – very reasonably prices and definitely a kitchen must have if you are busy.
- Beef Broth – I always use organic in recipes, it also adds a tone of flavor, use low sodium.
Love Slow Cooker Recipes? I have some delicious ones! Check them here:
- Corned Beef Sandwiches – put that leftover corned beef to good use.
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich – perfect for a party or game night.
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Ham with Orange Glaze – made with lots of fresh orange zest, this ham is full of flavor.
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Red Wine – RED WINE, need I say more?
- Slow Cooker Asian Short Ribs – so tender, they fall of the bone!
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken – budget friendly and delicious.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef
Best Slow Cooker Corned Beef is the easiest recipe ever. All you have to do is add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and let it work its magic.
- 1 3-4 lbs corned beef brisket, plus pickling spice packet
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 large onion peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb carrots cleaned and tops trimmed
- 1 lb baby potatoes cleaned
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Place corned beef brisket, fat side up, into a 6-qt slow cooker.
Add the pickling spice tea usually comes with corned beef on top of the brisket.
Minced 4 garlic cloves and add them to the slow cooker.
Pierce the beef with a sharp knife, and stuff with 4 garlic cloves. Add the remaining 4 whole cloves to the slow cooker.
Cut the peeled onion in 4 and add it to the slow cooker.
Add the bay leaves.
Pour beef broth and the water over the brisket add more water as needed to lightly cover the brisket by about 1/2 inch.
Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours.
If you want to add carrots and potatoes, add them to the slow cooker when there are 2-3 more hours of cooking left. Cover and continue cooking until tender.
Thinly slice the corned beef against the grain.
Garnish with parsley and serve with carrots and potatoes.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.