Slow Cooker Garlic Sesame Chicken is very easy to make and full of flavor. Loaded with lots of garlic and perfectly juicy.
Slow Cooker Garlic Sesame Chicken is one of the easiest dinners you can make. The chicken gets incredibly juicy and full of flavor. Cooked in sesame oil, soy sauce and LOTS of garlic, this meal is very satisfying. Bonus points to the Slow Cooker for doing all the heavy lifting here, which means that this meal requires minimum prep time and work. I like serving the Slow Cooker Garlic Sesame Chicken over brown rice, with sesame seeds and some chopped green onions.
Love Slow Cooker Recipes? I have some delicious ones! Check them here:
- Corned Beef Sandwiches – put that leftover corned beef to good use.
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich – perfect for a party or game night.
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Ham with Orange Glaze – made with lots of fresh orange zest, this ham is full of flavor.
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Red Wine – RED WINE, need I say more?
- Slow Cooker Asian Short Ribs – so tender, they fall of the bone!
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken – budget friendly and delicious.
Tips and Tricks to make the perfect Slow Cooker Garlic Sesame Chicken Recipe:
- To get the chicken nice, brown and not soggy, make sure the chicken is NOT covered in liquid, for the tops to perfectly cook.
- While not necessary, for best results and if you want the chicken even more crisper on the outside, you can brown it for 2-3 minutes over high heat, before adding it to the slow cooker.
- If you are looking to make this recipe Gluten Free, use Tamari sauce instead of soy sauce.
- You can add even more garlic, or if you please less, I personally love garlicky meals, so the more the merrier for me.
- For a spicier kick, add 1-2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes.
- Do not replace the fresh garlic with powder garlic.
Tools/ingredients I used to make the Best Slow Cooker Garlic Sesame Chicken Recipe:
- Crockpot – very reasonably priced and definitely a kitchen must have if you are busy.
- Soy Sauce – I like using lite say sauce in my recipes, as it has less sodium and its easier from me to control the saltiness of the dish, I always buy a large bottle like this one and keep it in my pantry.
- Sesame Seeds – these little guys are perfect in asian recipes, also sprinkled on salads and fish, a jar will last you a long time.
- 5-6 chicken thighs bone in and skin on
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 2 garlic heads about 16 cloves minced
- green onions chopped
- sesame seeds
Brown the chicken thighs first, use 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, and brown them in a large skillet for 2-3 minutes. This step is to make sure your chicken is crispy, but you can skip it and just add all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
Add all the ingredients to a 6 quart slow cooker and arrange the chicken skin side up in the slow cooker.
Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Serve and enjoy!