Slow Cooker Pot Roast made with red wine is easy to make and delicious, packed with meat and veggies. A perfectly tender and fall apart recipe for any occasion!
By using the Slow Cooker for this meal, the meat will come out extremely tender and juicy, and among the best, you can have! Our other favorite Crockpot recipes are French Dip Sandwich, Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Ham with Orange Glaze and Asian Short Ribs.
Easy Crockpot Pot Roast
Slow Cooker Pot Roast is one of the easiest meals you can prepare. It will leave everyone satisfied and happy because the meat will be extremely juicy and tender. Also, the veggies will turn out delicious and compliment the meat nicely.
The Slow Cooker Pot Roast is bursting with flavor from the beef broth and red wine to carrots add just the right amount of sweetness. The beef is juicy and tender from all the hours of slow cooking, and it is infused with all the amazing flavors from the broth.
This is comfort food at it’s best! I love making this recipe for Easter, or Christmas. Also, it is super easy to prepare. All you need is 15 minutes of preparation for a delicious and tender meal!
Why You’ll Love This Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe:
- Very easy to make with minimal prep work.
- A hearty and delicious meal that can be served as a weeknight dinner.
- The dish is packed with amazing flavors and protein.
- You will have delicious leftovers the next day.
what is pot roast?
Pot roast is a big, tough beef cut that is usually fairly inexpensive. This is the perfect cut to utilize and cook in the crockpot over a longer period of time. Simply add some herbs, veggies, and broth to it, and you will end up with fall-apart tender meat.
How to make Slow Cooker pot roast?
For exact ingredient measures and step by step instructions, please follow the recipe card below. However, the general steps are as follows:
- Sear the roast: This step is optional, but searing the meat will lock in some flavors, making this dish even tastier. So if you have an extra 5-10 minutes, we highly recommend this step.
- Add the ingredients to the crockpot: Add the rest of your ingredients to the pot, including potatoes, carrots, and broth. Also, don’t add too much stock to the mixture because the meat will release enough of its own juices. So, you do not want to overdo it.
- Cook: Stir the ingredients gently, top with fresh thyme and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Serve: Enjoy it warm over some mashed potatoes.
Can you refrigerate the beef from the slow cooker?
Yes. After cooking the meat, store it in a large airtight container in the fridge. Make sure that the beef is at least partially covered by the sauce so it doesn’t dry out. Store for up to 3-4 days.
More Slow Cooker recipes:
- Pineapple Pork Loin
- Kalua Pork
- Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
- Chicken and Rice
- Corned Beef with Cabbage
- London Broil
Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Red Wine Recipe Tips:
- Use quality meat such as grass-fed or organic meat.
- I use a chuck roast cut since it has more fat, so it will be more tender and juicy. If you prefer less fat, I recommend using round roast beef. The round roast will be a little drier, you will have to shred the meat and let it in the slow cooker for another hour to absorb all the juices.
- Don’t shy away from using carrots, because they will add a sweet taste that balances that rich and hearty meal.
- Brown your beef – it will improve the texture and taste and also will lock in all the delicious flavors.
- Use low sodium beef broth, you don’t want to end up with a salty pot roast.
- The wine can be replaced with beef broth if you want to skip it.
- You can also add some chopped celery if you prefer.
Tools/Ingredients used to make this recipe:
- Crockpot – very reasonable prices and definitely a kitchen must-have if you are busy.
- Dried Rosemary – a kitchen staple, especially if you are into slow cooker recipes, also can be found in the Spice department of most grocery stores, goes along with beef and other types of meat.
- Dried Thyme – I like to have dried thyme on hand for many recipes, including different rubs and marinades, it adds a nice flavor.
- Garlic Powder – no recipe in my house is made without garlic unless we are talking about cake. Garlic powder is versatile and it will add a lot of flavor to your main dishes.
- Onion Powder – great to have on hand to season main dishes and also to make meat rubs.
- Beef Broth – I always use organic in recipes, it also adds a tone of flavor.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Red Wine
Slow Cooker Pot Roast made with red wine is easy to make and delicious, packed with meat and veggies, that is perfect for any occasion.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 8 hours Total time: 8 hrs 20 mins
*You can replace the wine with beef broth in this recipe.