Crack Turkey Pinwheels are made of turkey slices with crack dip wrapped in a tortilla. These bite-sized snacks will surely be loved by your family and guests!
The Best Crack Turkey Pinwheels
These Crack Turkey Pinwheels are great to prepare for parties. You can make many pieces in just a short amount of time. They look pretty on plates and are of the perfect size for cocktail parties, or any types of events.
It features the signature flavors of the ranch, bacon, and cheese. They go so well with chicken and in this recipe, I use another kind of poultry, which is the turkey.
Aside from the protein from the poultry and the fiber from the green onions, the tortilla provides the carbs to balance this dish out in terms of nutrition. It is a whole meal on its own, which is loved by both kids and adults.
They are great to serve as appetizers or snack in your parties, picnics, game day, movie night, or even in kids’ lunchboxes. They are so good they can be served as a main dish.
What is a pinwheel?
This dish takes inspiration from a kind of a child’s toy that spins or rotates when you blow on it. For a recipe like this, a spinning pattern just like the toy unveils when you cut the wrap.
Hence, people also call it a wrap or sometimes a roll-up since you will need to roll the tortilla before cutting it into smaller pieces.
What do you need to make Crack Turkey Pinwheels?
This recipe calls for minimal ingredients, and you probably have some of these already at home. If not, then, include the following in your grocery list:
- Turkey slices
- Cream cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Cheddar cheese
- Cooked bacon
- Green onion
- Flour tortillas
How do you make Crack Turkey Pinwheels?
- Mix: In a bowl, combine the ranch, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. Fold in the bacon and the green onions.
- Assemble: Lay a tortilla flat, then, spread a generous amount of the mixture on top. Arrange 6 slices of the turkey. Then, roll.
- Serve: Cut the roll into one-inch-thick pieces, then, serve!
What is Ranch Dressing?
It is a tangy creamy dressing with herbs and spices. You can buy it in stores and put in your salads, spreads, or in recipes as this one.
How do you make homemade Ranch dressing?
You can make your version, it is easy! Try it by mixing these ingredients and play with the ratio depending on your preference:
- Sour cream
- Milk or buttermilk
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt pepper
- Lemon juice
Can you make Crack Turkey Pinwheels in advance?
Yes, you can! Simply assemble everything then, refrigerate up to 24 hours. Cut into smaller pieces when ready to serve.
Making it in advance will not only save you some prep time on the day of your event, but it also ensures that each piece will be intact. The flavors will also be incorporated well this way.
However, making it in advance could have a disadvantage, too, if you are dealing with a wet dressing. The tortilla could get soggy. If you think that your dressing will cause this, simply refrigerate the dressing separately, assemble, and cut before serving.
How to store:
- Refrigerate: Wrap tightly in plastic, then, refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Also, feel free to use an airtight container for it.
- Freeze: Bake first for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Then, let it cool prior to freezing. Once cooled, transfer them into a freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To firm up the rolls, you can chill for a couple of hours before cutting.
- Making the wrap and creamy dressing is the foundation of this dish. So, what you can do is to experiment on the protein and fiber content. You can put more vegetables in the rolls like cucumber strips or a layer of lettuce.
- It is best to use soft tortilla wraps to prevent cracking.
- Also, this dish can be made with other meats, such as chicken or ham. Both work great!
Watch Recipe Video:
Prep time: 15 minutes Total time: 15 mins
- 18 slices turkey deli meat
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 slices bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
- 3 large flour tortillas (or 6 smaller tortillas)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Ranch, mix until smooth.
- Stir in chopped bacon, and chopped green onions.
- Spread in a generous layer over tortillas. Arrange 6 slices of turkey per tortilla.
- Roll tortillas tightly and slice into 1-inch pieces.