Avocado Ice Cream has only 5 ingredients and no ice cream machine is needed. It’s creamy, refreshing and also healthier. Watch the bonus video tutorial below and see how easy and delicious this recipe is!
Homemade Avocado Ice Cream
I can’t wait to share with you this Avocado Ice Cream. You see, when it comes to desserts I am an ice cream enthusiast. I will ALWAYS choose the ice cream. I just can’t help myself, and quite frankly, I don’t want to help myself. Ice cream to me is its own food group, and should I say the most AMAZING food group.
You can enjoy this delicious and amazing ice cream at home, without breaking the bank. Also, it is healthier, more convenient, and you can make a larger batch to store for later.
Whether you are looking for a nice summer dessert or a project to do with your kids, this recipe is it. Give it a try, and you will see why this is one of the best homemade ice creams!
This delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Avocado Ice Cream also happens to be vegan.
The Avocado Ice Cream was a huge success, especially since it’s no-churn. Also, you don’t need an ice cream machine to make it and it only has 5 ingredients. It takes just a few minutes to combine all the ingredients, do a few quality taste checks, and pop it into the freezer.
The Avocado Ice Cream naturally has a beautiful and vibrant green color that he absolutely loved. The Ice Cream is incredibly creamy and smooth, no one would ever suspect that it’s vegan. Full fat coconut milk adds a nice tropical touch and extra creaminess. I am a huge fan of the mint chocolate chip flavor.
The best Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Like I mentioned before, this Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Avocado Ice Cream is very easy to make. All you need is a high-speed blender, even a food processor will work. All the ingredients get blended, except chocolate chips, which you have to stir in after and you are done. Put it in the freezer and patiently wait for it to freeze.
This ice cream tends to get very hard in the freezer, so before you try to scoop it and serve it. Leave it on the counter at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Patience is key to enjoy a delicious, smooth and creamy ice cream.
Avocado Ice Cream
- 3 avocados (ripe)
- 2 cans (14 oz each) full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- The day before making the ice cream, place the cans of coconut milk in the fridge overnight upside down. Plan in advance, as this is a very important step, it will segregate the coconut cream from the coconut water.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and spoon out the avocado flesh into a food processor or high speed blender.
- Turn the cans of coconut milk upside down, and open them, the hard coconut cream will be on top now.
- Spoon out the coconut cream into the blender and save the remaining coconut water for a smoothie or drink it.
- Add maple syrup and mint extract to the blender and blend on medium high speed until fully combined and smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer safe bowl, stir in the chocolate chips, cover the top with plastic wrap, close the bowl and place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, let the ice cream stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.