WATERMELON TRUFFLES – NO BAKE
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
WATERMELON TRUFFLES ARE A FUN, TASTY AND COLORFUL SUMMER TREAT. EASY TO MAKE, WITH JUST AFEW INGREDIENTS, THESE ARE ALSO NO BAKE.
Watermelon Truffles are here to brighten your day! Fun to make, these are no bake and a great kitchen project with kids. With just a few ingredients, these Watermelon Truffles taste great and look cute. Perfect for summer parties, birthday parties or just those days when you need a pink treat. If you love cookie dough, you will be a huge fan of these truffles, as the texture is very similar.
Tips and tricks to make perfect Watermelon Truffles :
- Using Cake Mix is a great shortcut as you don’t have to measure and mix many ingredients. Also, the cake mix will add a delicious flavor, White Cake mix is best to use, as it easier to color pink. You can also use Strawberry Cake Mix. If you will be using yellow cake mix, you may need to add more gel color.
- The unsalted butter must be room temperature, not greasy and oily, at that point the butter is way too melted.
- In this recipe mini chocolate chips work best, as the truffles are bite size.
- Using candy melts for the chocolate coating is key. You can try to use white chocolate, melt it and after that when it cools down to mix it green gel food color, but white chocolate is very pretentious and can easily separate, becoming unusable. Using the Green Candy Melts is best, as those are designed to melt (link below).
- Be careful when melting the chocolate as it tends to separate, start by melting for 30-40 secs and stir well, and after that melt in 15 secs increments and stir well as the residual heat will melt the remaining chocolate chunks.
- If you want your truffles to truly taste like watermelon, you can add 1 teaspoon of watermelon extract to the batter (link below).
Tools/Ingredients I used to make these No Bake Cake Batter Truffles:
- Watermelon Extract – if you want to add a nice watermelon flavor to your truffles
- Green Candy Melts – love these Wilton candy melts, easy eo use and the perfect shade of green
- White Cake Mix – I like this one in this recipe as it is easier to color pink
- Mini Chocolate Chips – tiny and cute, I love these in truffles
- Cookie Scoop – makes it easier to make perfect sized truffles
Watermelon Truffles are a fun, tasty and colorful summer treat. Easy to make, with just a few ingredients, these are also no bake.
- 1 package White Cake Mix 15.25 ounces
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 8 drops pink gel food color
- 1 teaspoon watermelon extract optional
- 2 packages Wilton Green Candy Melts 12 ounces each
Cover a baking sheet or cutting board with waxed paper and set aside.
Slice butter into 8-10 pieces and add it to a large bowl, add cake mix and flour.
Using a fork, work the butter into the flour and cake mix until fully combined and it resembles smooth cookie dough. To make the process easier, mix with the fork and after that use your hands or a spatula to combine all the ingredients.
Add watermelon extract and pink gel food color, fold in with a spatula.
Add mini chocolate chips and fold in with a spatula.
Measuring 1.5-2 tablespoons of truffle batter, using a cookie scoop, scoop dough and using your palms roll it into a ball. Place truffle balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Place in freezer for 10 minutes (or refrigerate for 30 minutes) before coating with green chocolate.
The amount of truffles you will get depends on how large or small you make them.
Add candy melts to a large microwave safe bowl and melt for 30-40 seconds. Stir well and microwave for another 20 or 30 seconds, stir well with a spatula and if there is still chocolate that did not melt, microwave for another 15 seconds and stir well.
Using a fork, dip each dough ball into the melted white chocolate and place on a prepared plate covered with wax or parchment paper.
Place truffles in the fridge for at least 20 - 30 minutes or until the chocolate coating hardens.
Store truffles in the fridge for up to 7-10 days.
Serve and enjoy!
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.
Love No Bake Truffles? Check these Funfetti Truffles:
You should also try these naturally pink White Chocolate Raspberry Truffles: