Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs are loaded with peanut butter and covered in a delicious chocolate coating. They are super easy to make and are our favorite treats for Easter!
The Best Peanut Butter Eggs
Easter is one of our family’s favorite holiday. Since being a kid, I remember patiently waiting for the bunny basket, to enjoy some of the most delicious candies I can remember. And for me, the best reward was good homemade peanut butter eggs!
Till now, I remember how I would search the basked and look specifically for them. I adored them, and till now, they are my favorite treat to have. Not, only they are easy to make and flavorful, but they require a few simple ingredients which are also budget-friendly.
They’re easy to make and the longest part of the entire process is letting them cool in the fridge prior to dipping them in chocolate. If you love peanut butter, then these eggs will become your favorite go-to sweets.
They are not too sweet, yet have the right balance of peanut butter and chocolate. Simply put, they are the best and most amazing sweets you can get! Once you bite into them, they will melt in your mouth.
Give them a try and you will be making them over and over again!
What ingredients do I need to make homemade peanut butter eggs?
- creamy peanut butter
- unsalted butter
- powdered sugar
- milk chocolate chips
- vegetable shortening
HOW TO MAKE Homemade PEANUT BUTTER EGGS?
This is one of the easiest sweet recipes you can make.
- Start by combining the peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar until completely combined. Add milk, vanilla, and salt.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop out peanut butter mixture and shape it into eggs.
- Once rolled and shaped, place each egg individually into the baking sheet, and then used my fingers to shape the ends into an egg-like oval. Next, transfer them to the refrigerate to allow the peanut butter eggs to set, for about 30 minutes.
- Once the eggs are set and firm, melt the chocolate chips and shortening together in the microwave in 20-second increments, stirring after each, until completely melted.
- Then, simply dip each egg the chocolate mixture and, using a fork, flip it over so it is completely covered.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off and return them to the baking sheet.
- Lastly, refrigerate them back for another 30 minutes or until completely firm.
Can you freeze homemade peanut butter eggs?
Being high in fat makes peanut butter desserts perfect for freezing. First, transfer the eggs into a Ziploc bag or an airtight container and freeze them for up to 6 months. When ready to use them, just thaw them in the refrigerator overnight.
Expert Tips and Tricks:
- It is best not to use natural peanut butter in this recipe. Because it is too oily and the eggs will not set properly. We recommend using the creamy version such as the Skippy brand.
- Also, you can also use semisweet, milk, dark, or even white chocolate for the coating, if you prefer.
- Similarly, they can be decorated with sprinkles or other ingredients desired.
- You can substitute refined coconut oil for the vegetable shortening in the coating.
- Apart from freezing, they can be stored in the fridge for about 3-4 weeks.
- Sometimes we like making them in various shapes and forms. One of our favorite shapes is the bunny. Kids just love both eggs and bunny, so feel free to use this shape as well.
Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs
Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs are loaded with peanut butter and covered in a delicious chocolate coat. They are super easy to make and are our favorite treats for Easter!
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 0 minutes Total time: 30 mins