Peanut Butter Bread is very easy to make, soft, rich, and full of mouthwatering peanut butter flavor. Also known as the bread of the great depression, you only need a few things that are probably already in your kitchen.
If you like this recipe, try our fast and easy Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies made with eggs, sugar, and cinnamon. These no-bake PB Balls are even easier and covered in a thick chocolate crust. Quick breads are fun and easy to make in just minutes without having to wait for the dough to rise as you would with yeast breads.
This sensational recipe has a great peanut butter flavor in a soft and moist dough perfect for snacking.
It is a delicious way to make quick bread with simple pantry ingredients.
For something sweet and crunchy, our Air Fryer Apple Fires are sweet and tangy with a cookie crust for extra crunchiness.
Here are the simple ingredients for this quick bread recipe. You can find detailed instructions and measurements on our handy printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Peanut butter: We used Jif creamy peanut butter, but any peanut butter brands will do.
- Whole milk: You can also use almond milk or whatever kind you prefer.
- Brown sugar: Packed.
- White sugar: Granulated white sugar.
- Eggs: Large eggs at room temperature.
- Flour: We used all-purpose flour, but you can use almond flour or your favorite.
- Baking powder: Not baking soda.
How to make peanut butter bread recipe?
- Preheat: First, heat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Soften: Then, soften the nut butter by putting it into the microwave for 45 seconds on 50% power.
- Mix: In a large bowl, whisk the egg, sugars, milk, and softened nut butter before adding vanilla.
- Wet and dry: After, sift the dry ingredients in a separate bowl before adding them to the peanut butter mixture (the wet ingredients).
- Mix and pour: Next, whisk just until combined and then pour the bread batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake: Lastly, bake for 50 to 55 minutes. It is ready when it passes the toothpick test.
- Serve: Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
How to serve:
With our simple recipe, you can have fresh bread ready to serve in less than an hour. Serve with your favorite spread or maple syrup for breakfast, a tasty snack, or dessert. Here are some great serving tips you can also try:
- Serve with fruit preserves, jam, or any kind of fruit sauce for dipping.
- This also goes great with a cherry smoothie or cup of ice-cold milk.
- You could even add some peanut butter chips to give it even more peanut flavor.
- Make this a perfect breakfast by using it in our air fryer French toast or this mouthwatering eggnog French toast recipe.
- Slather a slice with honey for a fast and easy snack.
Frequently asked questions
What makes bread fluffy?
One easy way is to cover it with a tea towel as it cools. Another important tip is to mix it gently and slowly before an intense fast mix on high speed with an electric mixer.
You can also cut the cooking time, add more water, oil, or butter, or add an extra ¼ cup of sugar.
Why add milk to the dough?
Not only does milk add moisture but it also gives it a richer flavor and a softer texture.
Whole milk is best because it is the lactose in the milk that adds that extra sweetness and softness.
It will also give your loaf a nice golden-brown crust.
What do the eggs do to bread?
Eggs are a good source of protein, which adds gluten to bind the dough together. This will keep it soft and fluffy, and it will rise better. Eggs will also add flavor, richness, and extends the shelf life of any kind of bread.
More quick breads:
How to store leftovers:
- Store: Wrap in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before putting leftovers in a container. They will stay fresh for up to four days. Store as individual slices for easier serving.
- Freeze: You can also store this bread in the freezer for up to three months.
- Thaw: For best results, thaw in your refrigerator overnight before serving.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or serve at room temperature.
Peanut Butter Bread
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9x4 loaf pan with baking spray, set aside.
- Microwave the peanut butter for 35-50 seconds then stir it to soften it.
- After that, in a large bowl whisk together the melted peanut butter, milk, both sugars and egg, mix until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold the dry flour mixture into the egg mixture. Whisk together until just combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.