Best Chocolate Banana Bread (VIDEO)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Banana Bread is the best banana bread you will ever have! Incredibly tender, moist and flavorful, loaded with chocolate chips and crunchy walnuts!
Best Chocolate Banana Bread
Chocolate Banana Bread is hands down one of the best banana breads that I have ever made. This beauty is LOADED with chocolate. I am not messing with you, every single bite is filled with glorious chocolate! Check out those Chocolate Banana Bread slices, you can see the huge chocolate chips!
If you have some brown bananas on hand, you basically have to run into the kitchen and make this, you can thank me later! So dramatically chocolaty that I just want to lock my doors, get some milk, put on Netflix and enjoy this all by myself! This Chocolate Banana Bread is sweet, tender, aromatic, with chewy chocolate chips and crunchy walnuts!
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Banana Bread:
- It is rich and chocolaty this is a show stopper dessert.
- Easy to find ingredients and minimum prep work and dishes to clean.
- Perfect for brunch parties and for bigger crowds.
- Easy to transport if you have to take it to a brunch party.
- Can be made 1 or 2 days in advance so you don’t have to worry about a last minute dessert.
Follow Sweet and Savory Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Pin This Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe to your Favorite Board
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe Tips:
- Chocolate is one of the main ingredients here, so make sure you use quality cocoa powder and chocolate, as this is basically how the bread will taste.
- Bananas must be brown, very ripe, and easy to mush. Obviously, don’t wait for the bananas to turn completely brown, that is over doing it.
- I also like to use larger chocolate chips, as they don’t fully melt when baked and are amazing when you bite into them!
- I like the brown sugar in this recipe, it combines well with the flavors from the bananas and also it locks in moisture, which gives the banana bread that irresistible crumb.
- The chopped walnuts are optional, you can skip them if you don’t like walnuts or just prefer not to use them.
- You can use canola oil, vegetable oil or even olive oil! Also, you can use melted coconut oil.
- The sugar can be reduce from 1 cup to 3/4 cups.
- This banana bread also tastes amazing with peanut butter chocolate chips!
- Also, the bread is every dense, so it will not rise a lot in the oven, that is ok.
- Watch the bread closely after 45-50 minutes of baking, to make sure not to over bake it. I like to check on it at the 50 minute mark and if it still needs more baking, check on it every 5-7 minutes until done. A toothpick inserted in the center of the cake should come out clean or just with some melted chocolate on, but not raw batter.
- Serve the bread warm or room temperature, you can also warm up slices in the microwave and it tastes delicious with some butter.
How Long Will Chocolate Banana Bread Stay Fresh?
The Chocolate Banana Bread can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for about 4-5 days.
Can You Freeze This Chocolate Banana Bread?
Absolutely! Cool the cake completely and fully wrap it in plastic wrap, tightly. After that wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost before slicing.
Looking for more chocolaty desserts? Check these out:
- Triple Chocolate Pound Cake
- Chocolate French Toast
- Chocolate Brownie Cake
- German Chocolate Poke Cake
- Baileys Poke Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe:
- Cocoa Powder – love this one, it is a bit more expensive, but it tastes amazing!
- Loaf Pan – huge fan of their products, always great quality!
Best Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe step-by-step video:
Best Chocolate Banana Bread
Best Chocolate Banana Bread is the best banana bread you will ever have! Incredibly tender, moist and flavorful, loaded with chocolate chips and crunchy walnuts!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas about 3 medium bananas
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup large semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sea salt, whisk to combine or if you have time, it is better to sift all the ingredients. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until no large chucks are left. Add the slightly cooled melted butter, oil, vanilla and eggs. Stir until fully combined.
Whisk in brown sugar until smooth.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and gently fold in with a spatula, careful not to overmix.
Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and the chopped walnuts.
Transfer batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top of the bread.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean, with no raw batter onto it. Start checking on the bread at the 50 minute mark, and if still needs to bake more, check on it every 5 minutes.
Once fully baked, remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. For easy removal, run a knife around the edges of the bread and gently remove from the pan onto the wire cooling rack, let it stand until slightly warm.
Cut into slices and serve. Enjoy!
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.
Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod.