Raspberry Angel Food Cake is tender, airy and soft, with fresh raspberries, vanilla beans, and a refreshing raspberry lemon glaze.
Berry cakes are among my favorite to make. Like Blueberry Banana Bread, Blueberry Zucchini Poke Cake, and Strawberry Poke Cake, this Raspberry Angel Cake will be a great treat to have for any occasion.
Raspberry Angel Food Cake
Raspberry Angel Food Cake is such a beautiful and delicious dessert. This cake is perfect for summer picnics, baby showers, Valentine’s Day and anytime you are looking for a light dessert. It’s totally worth sifting that flour and sugar! The vanilla bean seeds add beautiful tiny specs through the cake.
The raspberry lemon glaze is so refreshing and gorgeous, and an easy way to dress up your cake. The citrus, vanilla, and raspberries create an unbelievable flavor that is just perfect with the tender texture of the cake. This cake is one of the most popular recipes on the blog and always gets rave reviews!
Why You’ll Love This Raspberry Angel Food Cake:
- Festive and colorful the cake is perfect for a special occasion or birthday party.
- Fruity and refreshing flavors.
- One of the most popular recipes on the blog!
- Easy to make at home.
What is Angel Food Cake?
Angel Food Cake is a light, pale sponge cake made of flour, egg whites, and no fat, typically baked in a ring shape and covered with soft icing. This cake uses no butter, and its structure comes from whipped egg whites known as a protein foam.
Raspberry Angel Food Cake Recipe Tips:
- I prefer using a silicone bundt cake pan when baking bundt cakes, it just makes the removal process so much easier and it’s guaranteed that the cake won’t stick to the pan.
- The recipe was made using all-purpose flour, not cake flour, as traditional angel food cake is made. I like the convenience of making it with all-purpose flour, as I almost never have cake flour on hand. The recipe will work with cake flour as well.
- The egg whites need to be at room temperature, this is very important so please plan ahead of time so the egg whites can stay for 1-2 hours to get to room temperature.
- Vanilla Beans can be substituted for 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Don’t skip the sifting, its what will make your cake texture airy, soft and cloudy.
- Only use fresh berries in this cake, frozen ones will add extra water and ruin the recipe.
- Dry your berries! You don’t want extra water in your cake! Make sure they are dry! I can’t stress this enough.
- Use caster sugar, granulated sugar will work, but the cake won’t be as airy, so please don’t make the switch.
- If you will be using a silicone bundt cake pan consider that it heats up quicker than a regular pan, so check for doneness a few minutes earlier
- If you want the glaze to be more liquid, like a raspberry sauce, add a little more lemon juice.
Can I substitute raspberry with other fruits?
The cake can also be made with blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries, just don’t add too many, 6 oz is the norm.
How to freeze Angel Food Cake?
Angel Food Cake can be easily frozen. Cool the cake completely. Fully wrap it in plastic wrap tightly. Next, wrap in aluminum foil or place it in freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months. The cake will thaw at room temperature in a few hours.
Love Raspberry Desserts? Check these out:
- White Chocolate Raspberry Truffles – no-bake and naturally pink!
- Lemon Raspberry Cookies – sweet and refreshing with lots of white chocolate chips.
- Mandarin Olive Oil Cake with Raspberry Buttercream – this cake is moist, delicious and festive.
- Hazelnut Berry Carrot Cake – a classic reinvented!
- Individual Raspberry Jam Cakes – perfectly portioned so you don’t have to share.
- Walnut Raspberry Linzer Cookies – these melt in your mouth!!
- Raspberry Coffee Smoothie – vegan and refreshing.
- Lemon Bar Raspberry Mousse Cake – creamy mousse and a shortbread layer.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this Raspberry Angel Food Cake Recipe:
- Cream of Tartar – a must when making egg whites desserts like pavlova or angel food cake.
- Silicone Bundt Cake Pan – I like how easy it is to bake using silicone pans, they are nonstick which helps a lot with cake removal.
- Vanilla Beans – pricier than vanilla extract, these are totally worth it, they will add the most gorgeous vanilla flavor and also beautiful vanilla bean specs thru your cake.
- Caster Sugar – this is a superfine sugar, and is perfect in airy and cloudy cakes like this angel food cake.
Raspberry Angel Food Cake
Raspberry Angel Food Cake is tender, airy and soft, with fresh raspberries and a refreshing raspberry lemon glaze.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 40 minutes Total time: 55 mins
Lemon Raspberry Glaze:
Lemon Raspberry Glaze:
*I usually make this cake with all purpose flour, as I rarely have cake flour on hand, and it works well.
*Make sure the egg whites are at room temperature, this is very important for the cake.
*Substitute with 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract if you don't have vanilla beans on hand.