No Bake Cake Batter Truffles
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
No Bake Cake Batter Truffles are very easy to make using funfetti cake mix. Loaded with lots of sprinkles and dipped in white chocolate, these are fun and delicious.
No Bake Cake Batter Truffles
Cake Batter Truffles are here to brighten your day! Fun to make, these are no bake and a great kitchen project with kids. With just a few ingredients, these Cake Batter Truffles taste great and look cute. Perfect for summer parties, birthday parties or just those days when you need a fun treat. If you love cookie dough, you will be a huge fan of these truffles, as the texture is very similar.
Funfetti cake mix give these Cake Batter Truffles a nice flavor. The truffles are soft and buttery, with lots of sprinkles and coated in white chocolate. They are absolutely a must try! My other popular no bake desserts are No Bake Cake Batter Truffles, Watermelon Truffles and No Bake Almond Joy Roll.
Why you’ll love these No Bake Cake Batter Truffles:
- Firstly, they are very easy to make and requires no bake.
- Also, no equipment of any sorts needed, because they can entirely be made by hand.
- In addition, they are tender and buttery, they remind me of cake batter cookie dough.
- Would make for some pretty darn cute hostess gifts.
- Great to make together with kids!
Pin This No Bake Cake Batter Truffles Recipe to your Favorite Board
Tips and tricks for the perfect No Bake Cake Batter Truffles Recipe:
- Using funfetti cake mix is best because it ads a lot of flavor. Also, you can use yellow cake mix if you don’t have funfetti cake mix on hand, just add more sprinkles to the batter.
- The unsalted butter must be room temperature, not greasy and oily, at that point the butter is way too melted.
- Adding extra sprinkles to the batter is optional, but why not load it with sprinkles.
- Be careful when melting the white chocolate as it tends to separate, start by melting for 30 secs and stir well, and after that melt in 15 secs increments and stir well as the residual heat will melt the remaining chocolate chunks.
What are sprinkles made of?
The sprinkles are made of sugar, corn syrup, cornstarch, little food-grade wax, and artificial coloring and flavoring.
Can I eat raw flour / cake mix?
Yes, you can, BUT it is NOT recommended and you do it at your own risk, as some of the flour it involves the risk of E.Coli contamination. To kill the bacteria, you can heat-treat the flour prior to adding it to no-bake desserts.
How do I Heat-Treat Raw Flour?
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread flour or cake mix in an even layer.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, use a thermometer to check that the flour reached 160F (72C) immediately after removing from oven. Make sure the thermometer is inserted in the flour and isn’t touching/reading the temperature of the hot pan.
- Once flour has reached 160F (72C) allow it to cool and run it through a sifter to break up any clumps that may have formed while baking. Set aside.
- Make sure you don’t burn the flour. Remember, we are heating it, not baking, don’t expect much color change, it should NOT turn golden-brown.
- Make sure you sift it after the heat treatment and let it fully cook before adding it to no-bake desserts.
You should also check the No Bake Watermelon Truffles:
Tools/Ingredients I used to make these No Bake Cake Batter Truffles Recipe:
- White Chocolate Wafers – specifically designed for melting, these are so easy to melt in the microwave with less chances that they will over heat and separate as white chocolate tends to do. I highly recommend them, you can dip truffles into the melted white chocolate or fruits.
- Funfetti Cake Mix – I like this one in this recipe as it has a distinctive, festive flavor and is already loaded with tiny sprinkles and candies.
- Yellow Cake Mix – if you are not a fan of funfetti cake, you can use yellow cake mix.
- Sprinkles – rainbow sprinkles add a pop of color and are such a nice addition to these truffles.
Disclaimer: Please understand that I can’t guarantee you that heat-treating the flour will eliminate all the bacteria. I am very comfortable with eating raw flour, but please understand that if you choose to do so it’s solely your decision and at your own risk.
No Bake Cake Batter Truffles
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Funfetti cake mix
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 10 9z white chocolate wafers or chopped white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
Cover a large, flat plate or cookie sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
Slice butter into 8-10 pieces and add it to a large bowl, add funfetti cake mix, sugar, flour and vanilla extract.
Using a fork, work the butter into the flour and cake mix until fully combined and it resembles smooth cookie dough. To make the process easier, mix with the fork and after that use your hands to combine all the ingredients.
Mix in rainbow sprinkles.
Measuring 1 tablespoon of truffle batter or using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough and using your palms roll it into a ball.
Place truffle balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Place in freezer for 10 minutes before coating with white chocolate.
The amount of truffles you will get depends on how large or small you make them.
Add white chocolate wafers to a microwave safe bowl and melt for 30 seconds. Stir well and microwave for another 20 or 30 seconds, stir well with a spatula and if there is still chocolate that did not melt, microwave for another 10-15 seconds and stir well.
Using a fork, dip each dough ball into the melted white chocolate and place on the prepared plate, top with sprinkles immediately.
Place truffles in the fridge for at least 20 – 30 minutes or until the white chocolate coating hardens.
Store truffles in the fridge for up to 7-10 days.
Serve and enjoy!
Here is step-by-step video of how to make the No Bake Cake Batter Truffles Recipe:
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.