No Bake Cake Batter Truffles
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
No Bake Cake Batter Truffles are very easy to make using funfetti cake mix. Loaded with lots of sprinkles and dipped in white chocolate, these are fun and delicious.
No Bake Cake Batter Truffles are so easy to make that they should be classified as dangerous. They are ready in a little over 30 minutes, and you only need 5 minutes to eat them, cause they are that good. I like easy, no bake desserts that taste amazing and this is one of those. The No Bake Cake Batter Truffles are made with funfetti cake mix, which has such a nice flavor. The truffles are soft and buttery, with lots of sprinkles and coated in white chocolate. They are absolutely a must try!
Why You’ll Love These No Bake Cake Batter Truffles:
- Very easy to make and no bake
- No equipment of any sorts needed, can be entirely made by hand
- Tender and buttery, they remind me of cake batter cookie dough
- Would make for some pretty darn cute hostess gifts
- Great to make together with kids!
Tips and tricks for the perfect No Bake Cake Batter Truffles Recipe:
- Using funfetti cake mix is best as it ads a lot of flavor, you can also use yellow cake mix if you don’t have funfetti cake mix on hand, just add more sprinkles to the batter.
- The unsalted butter must be room temperature, not greasy and oily, at that point the butter is way too melted.
- Adding extra sprinkles to the batter is optional, but why not load it with sprinkles.
- Be careful when melting the white chocolate as it tends to separate, start by melting for 30 secs and stir well, and after that melt in 15 secs increments and stir well as the residual heat will melt the remaining chocolate chunks.
Can I eat raw flour / cake mix?
Yes, you can, BUT it is NOT recommended and you do it at your own risk, as some of the flour it involves the risk of E.Coli contamination. To kill the bacteria, you can heat-treat the flour prior to adding it to no-bake desserts.
How do I Heat-Treat Raw Flour?
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread flour or cake mix in an even layer.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, use a thermometer to check that the flour reached 160F (72C) immediately after removing from oven. Make sure the thermometer is inserted in the flour and isn’t touching/reading the temperature of the hot pan.
- Once flour has reached 160F (72C) allow it to cool and run it through a sifter to break up any clumps that may have formed while baking. Set aside.
- Make sure you don’t burn the flour. Remember, we are heating it, not baking, don’t expect much color change, it should NOT turn golden-brown.
- Make sure you sift it after the heat treatment and let it fully cook before adding it to no-bake desserts.
You should also check the No Bake Watermelon Truffles:
Tools/Ingredients I used to make these No Bake Cake Batter Truffles Recipe:
- White Chocolate Wafers – specifically designed for melting, these are so easy to melt in the microwave with less chances that they will over heat and separate as white chocolate tends to do. I highly recommend them, you can dip truffles into the melted white chocolate or fruits.
- Funfetti Cake Mix – I like this one in this recipe as it has a distinctive, festive flavor and is already loaded with tiny sprinkles and candies.
- Yellow Cake Mix – if you are not a fan of funfetti cake, you can use yellow cake mix.
- Sprinkles – rainbow sprinkles add a pop of color and are such a nice addition to these truffles.
Disclaimer: Please understand that I can’t guarantee you that heat-treating the flour will eliminate all the bacteria. I am very comfortable with eating raw flour, but please understand that if you choose to do so it’s solely your decision and at your own risk.
- If you like no bake truffles, you should try these naturally pink White Chocolate Raspberry Truffles:
- and these No Bake Oreo Devil’s Food Cake Truffles: