No-Bake Almond Joy Roll is dense, chocolaty and has a creamy, sweet and smooth coconut filling. Made with just a few ingredients in under 30 minutes. Watch the recipe video tutorial below and see how simple it is!
No-Bake Almond Joy Roll
No Bake Almond Joy Roll that takes minutes to make! Chocolaty, filled with creamy coconut, and tastes like almond joy bars made easily in your kitchen. These almond rolls are incredibly easy to make, and it will be such a fun kitchen project with kids.
The “dough” is made from crushed cookies or graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder, and a little water. Filled with a creamy and smooth mixture of coconut mixed with butter, powdered sugar and a little condensed milk. Also, you can make them in advance and store them for later. They can be enjoyed during the whole week when refrigerated. So, go ahead and try them as they are super delicious!
No Bake Almond Joy Roll Recipe Tips:
- You can use cookie crumbs or graham cracker crumbs. However, my first choice is cookie crumbs.
- If you decide to use graham cracker crumbs, I recommend adding them to the food processor. Make sure you pulse until you get a very fine “corn flour like” texture.
- For the chocolate “dough” you are looking for a very smooth and easy to work with texture. It should resemble play-dough. Add the water a little at a time, because you don’t want to make it too watery. Hence, add a little at a time, mix, knead, until you get to a smooth texture you can easily knead and roll.
- The coconut mixture should be made with sweetened or unsweetened coconut flakes. Just don’t use the dried, shredded coconut, that one is not intended for this recipe.
- Add enough coconut mixture, but not too much, because it will be hard to roll.
The roll must be stored in the fridge because you don’t want the chocolate to melt. Pure and simple, this No-Bake Almond Joy Roll is deliciously good. I like it more than the almond joy bars because this roll is richer and tastes just a lot better. So it’s not just melted chocolate over coconut, the chocolate cookie layer is dense, rich and incredibly delicious.
How long will No Bake Almond Joy Roll stay fresh?
Best to store the role in the fridge. To do so, wrap tightly and refrigerate, the roll is good refrigerated for one week.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make the No-Bake Almond Joy Roll:
- Coconut Flakes – in this recipe we use sweetened coconut flakes as they will give it the most creamy and soft texture.
- Condensed Milk – I like to add extra sweetness and creaminess to the coconut filling. You can substitute this for maple syrup. However, the condensed milk will add that extra richness to the dessert.
- Cocoa Powder – investing in high-quality cocoa powder is always a good idea for a prominent chocolate flavor that shines.
- Spatula – if you don’t have one, get one right now, it’s a lifesaver!
- Plastic Wrap – a kitchen staple, available in all grocery stores, you definitely need some for this recipe.
No Bake Almond Joy Roll
No Bake Almond Joy Roll is dense, chocolaty and has a creamy, sweet and smooth coconut filling. Made with just a few ingredients in under 30 minutes.
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 0 minutes Total time: 30 mins