No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are the perfect combo of creamy peanut butter and chocolate. They basically taste like a giant Reese’s cup! The bars are thick, creamy and rich, with an abundant peanut butter flavor that is perfectly balanced by the top layer of chocolate ganache.
No Bake Desserts are easy to make and most of the time all you have to do is mix together all the ingredients, shape and refrigerate. Among our favorite, No Bake Desserts are these Cake Batter Truffles, this scrumptious No Bake Chocolate Pie and obviously these No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cups!
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are made with just a few ingredients, they are super rich and creamy. We love making a large batch and keep them in the fridge for dessert emergencies aka snack on them all day. They are perfect to add to lunch boxes as a treat, if your school is not nut free. These peanut butter bars would also make a create kitchen project with kids.
What do you need to make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars?
- Powdered sugar
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Peanut butter chips
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Light corn syrup
- Heavy cream
Should I use Creamy or Chunky Peanut Butter?
We prefer to make these bars with creamy peanut butter, as it melts better and its easier to mix it with the other ingredients. However, if you don’t have creamy peanut butter on hand, you can use chunky peanut butter. Another option is to just use creamy peanut butter, and add some chopped peanuts, if you are looking for some crunchiness.
Can you make these bars with other nut butters?
Yes, you can make these bars with other nut butter as well, we like using Almond Butter, Hazelnut Butter and Walnut Butter. You may slightly adjust the amount used, based on the nut butter you decide on.
Can these bars be made nut-free?
For a nut free version we recommend you use sun flower butter. You may need to slightly adjust the quantity to achieve the perfect texture.
How to make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars:
- First, line a 8×8 or 9×9 pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over the edge for easy removal. Use an 8×8 pan to create thicker bars.
- Next, add butter to a large, microwave safe bowl and melt.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and peanut butter, stir until fully combined. Lastly, stir in peanut butter chips if using. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Add chocolate chips to a medium, microwave safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds. Stir well, then heat for another 30 seconds. Once melted, add in the corn syrup and heavy cream, stir until smooth and shiny.
- Pour chocolate ganache over peanut butter layer and spread with a spatula until smooth.
- Refrigerate the bars for 1-2 hours before cutting and serving. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
How do you make Peanut Butter Bars with Corn Flakes?
Adding corn flakes is a delicious and great idea, it adds some chewiness and crunchiness to the bars. To make the bars with corn flakes, juts replace the 1 cup of peanut butter chips with 1 cup of corn flakes.
How to freeze No Bake Peanut Butter Bars:
- First, make sure you refrigerate the bars, so they are solid before freezing.
- Next, arrange the bars in an airtight, freezer safe container, adding parchment paper between layers. You can freeze the bars for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before serving.
- Another method would be to wrap the bars in plastic wrap and either add the to freezer bags or wrap on a layer of foil. Freeze for up to 3 months and thaw in the fridge before serving.
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are the perfect combo of creamy peanut butter and chocolate. They basically taste like a giant Reese's cup!
Prep time: 15 minutes Total time: 15 mins