No-Bake Chocolate Pie is rich and creamy, full of chocolate flavor with a no-bake Oreo crust and a rich, smooth chocolate filling.
No Bake Chocolate Pie
No Bake Chocolate Pie with Oreo Crust is probably the best thing ever that you can make to satisfy a chocolate craving! The super-smooth texture is almost like eating a giant truffle. Rich, chocolaty and incredibly creamy it reminds me of chocolate cheesecake. Made simple and easy, no baking involved, so you can spend more time eating and less time cooking.
When it comes to chocolate I don’t mess around, I go all in and create the most decadent chocolate desserts. Also, it helps that my husband shares my chocoholic addiction, and together, as a team, we devour and concur with the sweetest concoctions!
The Oreo Crust is the perfect companion to the rich chocolate. Topped with whipped cream to balance the chocolate flavor, this pie is perfect for any occasion.
Why You’ll Love This No-Bake Chocolate Pie with Oreo Crust:
- Very easy to make because no oven needed.
- Also, it is creamy and chocolaty this is a show stopper dessert.
- The Oreo crust and chocolate filling is such an incredibly delicious combo.
- It can be made 1 or 2 days in advance, so you don’t have to worry about a last-minute dessert.
What is Chocolate Pie made of?
It has three delicious components, the crust, the filling, and the topping.
- Crust: I like making an Oreo crust as it complements nicely the chocolate filling. However, if you don’t have Oreos on hand, you can use graham cracker crumbs or even crushed vanilla wafers.
- Filling: The filling in many cases is made with chocolate pudding. While that is a great alternative, I prefer to use a combination of chocolate, butter, heavy cream and mascarpone. In addition, the mascarpone is the secret ingredient that gives this dessert the smoothest, most amazing texture.
- Topping: Whipped cream is added on top to balance the rich filling and crust, extra Oreo cookies are used for garnish.
- Add mini M&M’s to the pie filling and also on top of the pie.
- Top the pie with shaved chocolate and chocolate sauce.
- Also, to make it boozy, add about 1/2 cup of Baileys to the filling, it will taste amazing.
- Make the crust from graham cracker crumbs or vanilla wafers.
- Add crushed Oreos to the filling for an Oreo overload.
- Nuts are a great addition too, wither in the filling or used as a garnish.
- Add creamy peanut butter to the filling, and make swirls for a Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.
How long is a chocolate pie good for?
The pie can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
To freeze it, wrap it tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in a heavy-duty freezer bag. Properly stored, it will maintain the best quality for about 2 to 3 months. To serve, just thaw overnight in the fridge.
No Bake Chocolate Pie Recipe Tips:
- Using high-quality chocolate, because chocolate flavor is front and center here.
- Also, by adding a little espresso will make the chocolate flavor more prominent, so feel free.
- Before slicing the pie, make sure it’s fully settled, and clean the knife after each cut. Otherwise, the slices will be messier, because the chocolate may stick to the knife.
- Mascarpone cheese is the secret ingredient that makes this pie so creamy and delicious, so don’t replace it with cream cheese, the texture will be different.
- You can use dark or milk chocolate, whatever you prefer more. I used semi-sweet chocolate in this recipe.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this recipe:
- Pie Pan (9 1/2 inches) – this pan is sturdy and amazing, I had it for years and it’s still going strong.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate – these bars taste delicious, high-quality chocolate that will make your dessert rich and scrumptious.
- Vanilla Extract – adding a little vanilla extract to chocolate desserts is a must, the mild flavor makes the chocolate flavor shine.
Prep time: 30 minutes Total time: 30 mins
No Bake Oreo Crust:
- 3 cups oreo crumbs
- 6 tbsp butter (melted)
No Bake Chocolate Pie Filling:
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 16 oz semi sweet chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted (plus 1 more tablespoon for greasing the pan))
- 10 oz mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 5 Oreo cookies
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Grease a 9½ inch pie pan with butter or baking spray. Set aside.
No Bake Oreo Crust:
- In a medium-size bowl combine melted butter with Oreo cookie crumbs and mix until fully combined.
- Press the cookie crumbs mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan; using a measuring cup, press the cookie crumbs into the pie pan shape. Place in the fridge for the crust to harden.
No Bake Chocolate Pie Filling:
Add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, the powdered sugar, and vanilla extract into the bowl of an electric mixer and whip on high until it begins to thicken and it holds its shape. Set aside.
- Add chocolate, remaining ½ cup of heavy cream and butter to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir with a spatula and microwave for another minute, until the mixture starts to boil.
- Add espresso powder and stir until the chocolate is fully melted and the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Whisk in the mascarpone cheese into the chocolate mixture until fully combined and smooth.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture with a spatula, and stir until fully combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture evenly into the chilled pie crust.
Add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and the powdered sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and whip on high until it begins to thicken and it holds its shape.
- Add whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with the star tip and pipe whipped cream onto the pie.
- Top with Oreo cookies, if desired sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Chill for 4-6 hours or overnight. Enjoy!