Avocado Chicken Caesar Salad is an enhanced version of the classic recipe, with homemade dressing, creamy avocado, and grilled chicken pieces! Check this easy recipe out for a light yet satisfying meal!
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
Avocado Chicken Caesar Salad has everything you need for a nice lunch or dinner. It has healthy fats, fiber, protein, and carbs all in one incredible dish.
And the dressing is rich and creamy, and it goes well with the crunchy lettuce leaves and croutons. The fruit and meat also add texture and body to the whole dish.
It does not even take long to make, and you can even prepare it in advance. Overall, this is a convenient side dish that you can whip up anytime you want something refreshing on the table.
You can even serve it as the main entree since it is hearty. Experience restaurant dining at home with this exquisite yet easy recipe!
What is the best lettuce to use for Caesar Salad?
The best one to use is romaine lettuce. You want them to be clean and crisp. So, it is always good to use only the freshest ones available and prep them properly.
Discard the wilted ones and rinse the leaves. Dry them too so that you can effectively coat them with the dressing later.
How to grill chicken breasts?
- Marinate: Season the meat with the oil, lemon juice, and spices for about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare: Heat the grill and brush olive oil on the grates.
- Cook: Grill the chicken until golden on both sides. Make sure to reach the safe temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rest: Set aside the cooked meat and allow it to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
How to make Avocado Chicken Caesar Salad
- Grill the meat: Grill the chicken as described above.
- Make the croutons: To prepare the croutons, coat slices of French baguette in oil and minced garlic, then, bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the dressing: Pour all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse.
- Assemble: Arrange the pieces of lettuce leaves in a large bowl. Then, arrange the rest of the ingredients on top, finishing off with the dressing and croutons.
- Serve: Toss everything and serve.
You can substitute the chicken breasts with other poultry cuts. Or, substitute it with other kinds of meat like salmon, shrimp, pork, or beef. They work well with the rest of the dish, too.
Is Avocado Chicken Caesar Salad healthy?
Yes! The greens and the tomatoes are great sources of fiber. The grilled meat in this dish is one of the leanest cuts which is also a great source of protein.
The avocado is rich in good healthy fats. The croutons are rich in carbohydrates that will give you energy.
Overall, this dish is healthy because it has a balance of fresh and healthy components. But, just like any other dish, manage your portions.
What to serve with Avocado Chicken Caesar Salad?
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta
- Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Mac and Cheese Casserole
- Tortilla Pizza
- Slow Cooker Lazy Lasagna
How to store it:
Keep the dressing in a separate airtight container for up to a week. Also, the croutons should be stored in a separate airtight container at room temperature.
The rest of the leftovers can be eaten within 4 days. But for best results, serve with fresh romaine lettuce.
- You can double the dressing recipe and use it as a spread in burgers, wraps, or sandwiches. Use it as a meat marinade, too.
- To enhance the avocado flavor throughout the dish, mash some of it and mix it with the dressing.
- Aside from baguettes, you can also use sourdough or white bread for the croutons.
Avocado Chicken Caesar Salad
Avocado Chicken Caesar Salad is an enhanced version of the classic recipe, with homemade dressing, creamy avocado, and grilled chicken pieces!
Prep time: 21 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 30 mins
For the Chicken:
For the Caesar Salad:
How to Make Croutons:
For the Chicken:
Caesar Salad Dressing:
Assemble the Salad: