Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta is the perfect family friendly meal that is ready in just under thirty minutes. This is an extremely quick and easy dish to make and filled with amazing flavors.
This homemade recipe is one of our favorite ways to cook pasta. As the shrimp marinates with the creamy garlic, it gets buttery and just the perfect way to serve with noodles.
Combining parmesan and shrimp is literally the best way to make pasta. We love making this dish for my family because it is quick and convenient to prepare during a busy weekday. We always have shrimp in the freezer, and this is the preferred way to utilize them. For other quick and delicious dinner ideas, check out the Creamy Tuscan Salmon, Instant Pot Mac and Cheese, and Chicken Enchilada.
Homemade Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta
This Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta is one that I’ve loved since I was a child. I used to always ask my mom to make this because it had noodles and because of how creamy and cheesy it always turned out. This is the perfect way to cook and eat shrimp because it keeps it juicy, buttery and flavorful.
It’s also great for when I want to have my friends over. Everyone loves this dish including me. It’s the perfect balance of nostalgic and aromatic. I will always keep this recipe in mind for dinner and you should too. The parmesan garlic flavor is simply unbelievable when you toss it with pasta.
It is a restaurant-quality meal easily prepared at home. Once you try it, you are guaranteed to love it and will make it again and again.
What is the best way to thaw shrimp?
I have found that the best way to thaw shrimp is by first letting it thaw inside the refrigerator overnight and then taking it out of the package and placing it in a bowl. Then, run some cold water onto the shrimp.
How to make creamy garlic parmesan shrimp pasta?
- First, take a large pot and cook pasta in boiling water.
- After draining the pasta heat olive oil and add the shrimp with a little bit of salt and pepper. Be sure to cook them until pink.
- Next, mix the sauce ingredients and add to the skillet. Followed by capers, cream, and cheese.
- Add the pasta into the same pot as the shrimp with the remaining parmesan. Mix the mixture until combined.
- Once finished add some lemon slices before serving it and voila.
How can you store Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta?
This delicious pasta dish is very easy to store. Put it in a container and place it in the refrigerator or freezer and you will be able to enjoy it as long as you like. It will last in the refrigerator for about three to four days, while it lasts up to three months in the freezer.
How to reheat shrimp pasta?
Heat up parmesan pasta in an oven by putting some aluminum foil on a baking sheet then placing it inside the oven. I prefer putting it in the oven because I think it tastes better and less soggy.
It takes about 20 minutes to heat up the pasta in the oven, while in the microwave it only takes three.
What to serve with Shrimp Pasta?
This dish is a pretty complete meal on its own. It is filling and delicious. However, if you host a larger gathering, and would like to pair it with some other dishes, we would recommend going with some vegetables or salads. Some of our favorite dishes to pair it for a nice balanced meal would be:
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Mexican Black Bean Salad
- Arugula Strawberry Salad
- Steamed Broccoli
- Roasted Asparagus
what wine goes well with this dish?
Usually, you would want to go with a light white wine. Some of our favorites would be Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, or Sauvignon blanc.
Check out these other delicious pasta recipes:
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese Casserole
- Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- Cheesy Crack Chicken Casserole
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 25 mins
- 8 ounces Angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 11/2 pounds large shrimp (peeled and deveined with tail on)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley (chopped)
- In a medium bowl combine: melted butter, minced garlic, lemon juice, fresh thyme, pepper flakes, dried parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir and set aside.
- Use a paper towel to pat dry shrimp.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook pasta per box directions, aim for al-dente.
- In the meantime, place a large skillet over medium-high heat and once its hot add the oil. Wait for the oil to heat up and add shrimp in one layer. Let it cook without moving it for 2 minutes, stir and continue to cook until no longer pink.
- Add the butter sauce to the pan and capers, stir to combine.
- Add cream, stir to combine, reduce heat to low and bring to a light simmer.
- With the heat still on low, sprinkle 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese and gently fold it in until fully melted.
- Add the cooked pasta, fold it into the sauce, until its fully covered in it.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese on top and take it from heat.
- Serve with fresh lemon slices and chopped fresh parsley.