Arugula Strawberry Salad gives a nice twist to strawberries by combining greens and a perfect vinaigrette dressing that will surely be a hit this summer! Watch the recipe video tutorial below and see how festive this dish is!
Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Arugula Strawberry Salad is a simple salad but has an enhanced taste due to the balsamic vinaigrette. The dressing is a complement to the strawberry and the nuts give a nice crunch to the whole thing.
The other fruits and vegetables included in this easy recipe also add flavor and color. Strawberries are perfectly eaten as is, but when made into a salad, they are even more delightful!
With summer around the corner, this is the perfect dish to enjoy. It can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. No matter how you like your strawberries, this dish is the perfect alternative to utilize them. Also, it is quite healthy and is the perfect dish to take to a picnic or potluck.
Are strawberries healthy?
Yes! You can munch on these sweet treats without feeling guilty as they only contain about 33 calories of a 100-gram serving.
Strawberries have high levels of vitamin C and antioxidants that help fight free radicals. This berry has been linked to managing blood pressure, cholesterol, and sugar levels.
How do you make a strawberry salad?
- Making this strawberry salad is a no-brainer. First, prepare the following ingredients: arugula, strawberries, red onion, goat or feta cheese, avocados, pine nuts, walnuts, radish, and green onions.
- Then, prepare the following for the balsamic vinaigrette: balsamic vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, honey or maple syrup, garlic, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper.
- All you have to do is combine the ingredients of the balsamic vinaigrette in a medium bowl, with the oil coming in last. Add it slowly to the dressing mixture while stirring.
- Assemble the strawberries along with the other vegetables, then, mix everything. That’s it! Chill the salad in the refrigerator then, serve.
What greens pair well with strawberry salad?
In this recipe, we used arugula. I like its peppery taste and it goes really well with vinaigrette dressing, too. You may also want to try using lettuce and spinach as substitutes as they also go well with strawberries.
How to choose ripe strawberries?
Choose the ones that are shiny, dry, firm, and plump. They do not ripen after harvesting, so choose the ones that do not have white spots anymore.
How many calories in Strawberry Salad?
The calories may range from 140 to 200 calories per serving, depending on what you add to the mix.
What do you serve strawberry salad with?
Serve this salad as a side dish to grilled meat. This makes it a perfect companion for a summer barbecue party!
What is the best dressing for the strawberry salad?
The arugula tastes well with a light dressing like the vinaigrette. Also, the strawberries go well with balsamic vinegar which we used in this recipe.
Poppyseed dressing is also a common alternative to the balsamic vinaigrette. It provides that tangy and sweet flavor that ties the whole salad together. You can always make your own rather than buying it from the grocery store as a healthier option.
How do you make poppy seed salad dressing?
In this recipe, we have added poppy seeds in the balsamic vinaigrette. But in case you are wondering, here is a guide on how to make poppy seed salad dressing.
You will need vegetable oil, white wine vinegar, white sugar, salt, mustard, and onion. Combine them all together with the oil coming in last. The oil must be slowly added to the mixture. Lastly, add in the poppy seeds. Keep this dressing in your refrigerator in an airtight container for about 7 days.
How do you store it?
You can make this in advance then, just refrigerate this up to 3 days as long as the container is airtight.
If you will be enjoying this for later, then, you can keep the nuts, the dressing, and the rest of the salad in separate containers in the refrigerator.
How long strawberry salad can sit out?
As a rule of thumb, perishable food like the strawberry salad must be allowed to sit out for as long as 2 hours only.
More healthy salad recipes:
- You can turn this salad into a full meal by adding in a protein-source like grilled chicken.
- When you buy fresh strawberries, do not wash them until such time that you will use them in recipes. Instead, put them in a moisture-proof container lined with a paper towel. They will remain fresh for up to 3 days.
- Also, you can make this exact recipe using other fruits in season like raspberries, apples, and pears.
Arugula Strawberry Salad
Arugula Strawberry Salad gives a nice twist to strawberries by combining greens and a perfect vinaigrette dressing that will surely be a hit this summer!
Prep time: 15 minutes Total time: 15 mins