Strawberry Banana Smoothie is creamy, healthy and made with fresh ingredients. This is the perfect summer drink that can be enjoyed during any time of the day!
Easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
If you are looking for a fresh and refreshing drink during a hot summer day, then this Homemade Strawberry Banana Smoothie is a perfect choice. We enjoy a cold and delicious drink on hot days, and this is one of our favorite of them all.
It is so fresh and flavorful that you will keep craving for more. In addition, it is very easy to make and ready in less than 5 minutes. That means you can do a few of these a day if desired. Especially with plenty of strawberries now everywhere.
Feel free to add other ingredients if desired, as this recipe is pretty versatile. It already has plenty of vitamins, but you can also add spinach, proteins, chia seeds as well. Whether you want a healthy drink for breakfast, or after your workout, then this is definitely the one!
how to make a strawberry banana smoothie?
Making it is pretty simple. You will need the following ingredients:
- Fresh or frozen strawberries
- Fresh or frozen banana
- Greek yogurt – plain or strawberry
- Vanilla extract – optional
- Honey or any other healthy sweetener – optional
Once you have all the ingredients together, simply put them in a blender such as Vitamix, and blend for about 30 seconds, or until fully blended and the texture is smooth. Please follow the same ingredient ratio for best texture and consistency.
What else to Put in a Smoothie
We love to stick to the combo of the ingredients as per the recipe card listed below. However, you could easily add/swap them as desired. Some of the great additions and popular variations are:
- Yogurt – if Greek yogurt is not available or you are not a fan of it, replace it with a regular plain one.
- Juice – feel free to use juices in it, like apple, orange, grape, or even pomegranate. Adjust the sweetness as needed based on each type.
- Lemon juice – for some citrusy flavor, add some freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice to it.
- Protein – it is great to add a scoop of protein powder, especially right after a workout. Simply use the same ingredients and add a scoop the blender and mix well.
- Greens – if you are seeking more nutrients and vitamins, it is great to add some spinach, kale, celery, or other types of green to it. Also, it is a great way for kids to serve and enjoy the needed vitamins!
- Ice – Although it might change the texture a bit, you could use some ice cubes if the banana is not frozen.
how many calories in a strawberry banana smoothie?
A 12-ounce serving of it will contain about 185 to 215 calories. Keep in mind this ratio depending on the ingredients used. If more milk or cream is used, then the calories will be higher.
how to make a strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt?
Yogurt gives this drink a rich and thick texture. However, if you prefer to go without it there are a few options.
Non-dairy yogurt: there are plenty of non-dairy choices out there. Some of the most popular once are soy, coconut, and almond based yogurt. They are dairy-free and are a great alternative to regular yogurt.
Flaxseeds: they are great to use in this recipe as they work amazingly well to thicken the drink. Also, they are very healthy and packed with omega-3, proteins, and antioxidants. Flaxseeds are often sold whole, so you have to crack them before eating in order to reap all of the benefits that are packed inside.
Nut Butter: Peanut butter is a great alternative. It has plenty of proteins, healthy fats, and potassium. Also, you could use almond butter or cashew butter, they are all excellent choices. Just add a spoon to the blender, and it will do the trick.
How to make McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie?
This recipe is close to the popular McDonald’s version of it. However, if you want to make the copycat version, you will need:
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- 1/2 cup banana slices
- 10 ounces of frozen sliced strawberries
Then, put the ingredients into the blender and puree for about 30 seconds until nice and smooth. Also, you can add some whipped topping to it.
What is the right blender to use for homemade Smoothies?
There are plenty of blenders out there, and all of them are great choices. It just depends on what additional functions you want. Some of our favorite picks broken by price are listed below:
Under $30: Hamilton Beach – this will serve you well for this price range.
Under $100: Ninja Blender– this is a great blender for the price with great reviews and good quality.
Over $300: Vitamix – quite expensive but this is a professional-grade blender, so it has plenty of functions and options. If you plan on making smoothies often, then we suggest getting one, as it is one of the best.
- We do not add sugar in this recipe as the fruits have plenty of natural sugar in them. However, if you want to add some extra sweetness to it, use sugar based on your taste. Also, honey works great here.
- If you want to have a more liquidy texture, then add some extra ice cubes to the blender. Just do not add all at once, so you can control the texture when mixing.
- For a dairy-free option, use dairy-free milk and yogurt as discussed above. Soy, coconut, or almond milk is a great alternative.
Watch Recipe Video:
Prep time: 10 minutes Total time: 10 mins
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 fresh banana (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cup milk (non-dairy milk works too)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey (if needed to sweeten)
- 1/2 cup strawberry Greek yogurt
- 1 cup ice (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and pulse until combined.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add more milk. If it is too thin, add more fruit and, or you can also add ice if using.
- Serve immediately.