Last updated on November 21st, 2021 at 05:26 pmJump to Recipe
Instant Pot Ranch Pork Chops [Video]
Instant Pot Ranch Pork Chops is one of the easiest dinner recipes out there. It is made with a few basic ingredients, such as homemade ranch seasoning, broth, and chops. This is a quick and delicious meal ready in less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
I have over 200 Instant Pot recipes on my blog, but I would say that this dish is among the top 5 easiest to prepare. You can pair it with Mexican Rice, Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes, or Hassleback Potatoes.
Quick and Easy Instant Pot Ranch Pork Chops
This Instant Pot Ranch Pork Chops is a full-flavored meal, made with a few simple pantry ingredients, and ready in no time. It is a great rotational family dinner, especially when you are short on time. You simply season the meat, brown, dump it in the pot, and cook. Nothing more is required for the perfect family meal!
Not only is this recipe easy to prepare, budget-friendly, and delicious, but it also yields juicy and fall-apart tender meat. Cooking chops sometimes can be tricky, and you might end up with dry meat.
Not in this case! The pressure cooker does a great job of keeping the moisture and cooking them evenly. As a result, you will end up with the best pork chops that are super moist and tender.
Also, you can even make this dish with boneless chops, or frozen meat. The only adjustment you have to make is to increase the cooking time by about 10 minutes. All in all, this is a quick and great family recipe to incorporate during busy weekdays.
How to make Instant Pot Ranch Pork Chops?
- Season the meat: I tend to use bone-in chops about 3/4″ to 1″ thick. They hold the best when cooked under pressure, and result in moist and tender meat. Also, for seasoning, I go with homemade ranch seasoning, it is very simple and easy to prepare, and you can control what goes inside. Just season the meat evenly on both sides.
- Brown the meat: Add oil and butter to the pot and brown the meat. Deglaze the pot with some of the broth once done sauteing.
- Add broth: Next, place the seasoned chops at the bottom of the pot. Then, pour in some broth over. Again, I love using homemade chicken broth. It just brings the best flavors! Alternatively, feel free to use good-quality store-bought broth.
- Cook: Lastly, close the lid and pressure cook on HIGH for 7 minutes, following by 10-minutes of natural pressure release.
- Make the Sauce: Remove the pork chops, add the cream and Ranch seasoning and stir until the sauce thickens. After that, add back the meat and simmer for 1 more minute.
- Serve: Serve them hot with your favorite side dish.
- Slow Cooker: Learn how to make tender slow cooker pork chops.
- Add potatoes: Alternatively, feel free to make it a full meal by cooking together with the pork and potatoes.
- Baked: If you do not have an Instant Pot, you can easily make pork chops in the oven.
- Air Fryer: Another healthy alternative, would be to make Air Fryer Pork Chops.
- Other Meats: Swap the pork with turkey breasts, chicken breasts, or lamb chops.
How to cook Frozen Pork Chops in the Instant Pot?
You can easily cook frozen meat in the IP. Follow these steps:
- To avoid the meat sticking to the bottom of the pan, I recommend using a trivet. Then, add 1 cup of water or broth to the bottom.
- Next, put the frozen chops on the trivet, close the lid and cook for 15 minutes per pound.
- Naturally, release the pressure, and then serve. If the meat is not fully cooked, close the lid, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Also, if you want to learn more about how to cook other frozen foods in the pressure cooker, here are some suggestions:
- How to cook frozen pork tenderloin in the pressure cooker
- Frozen Chicken Wings in the Instant Pot
- Turkey Breast from fresh to frozen
- How to cook frozen chicken breasts in the IP
- Learn how to cook frozen ground beef in the pressure cooker
How long does it take to cook pork in the Instant Pot?
As a general rule, you have to cook for 12 minutes under HIGH pressure for each pound of pork. You can adjust the time a bit, but overcooking might result in dry meat as well.
Therefore, it is best to cook for about 10 minutes, and if more time is required, simply cook them for a few extra minutes.
For frozen meat, the cooking time is increase by 5 minutes per pound. So for 1 pound of frozen chops, you will need about 15 minutes of
Why are my Instant Pot pork chops tough?
Not using enough liquid such as broth or water, will cause the meat to be on a tougher side.
In addition, you should follow the above-recommended cooking time. Because pork chops are leaner cuts, it is easy to overcook them, resulting in tough chops.
Also, I recommended doing a natural pressure release instead of a quick release.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Ranch Pork Chops?
This dish goes pretty much with anything. Some great suggestions would be:
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container, and refrigerated for up to 4 days.
To freeze, transfer them to a freezer-safe dish, and freeze for up to 3 months.
More Instant Pot recipes to try:
- This recipe can be made with boneless pork chops, or other meats, such as chicken breasts, turkey, or beef.
- In addition, feel free to use your favorite seasoning. Some great alternatives would be cajun seasoning or taco seasoning.
- Chicken broth adds a lot of flavor to it. However, if you do not have it, simply use water.
- For juicy and fall-apart tender results, use bone-in chops about 3/4″ to 1″ thick.
Instant Pot Ranch Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 boneless pork chops 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Ranch Seasoning Mix mix or to taste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 cup heavy cream or Half & Half
- 1 tablespoon Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Fresh chopped dill
Follow me on InstagramFollow
- Rub 2 teaspoons of ranch seasoning mix on the pork chops on all sides.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute, and add olive oil and butter, stir to melt the butter.
- Once the butter is melted and the pork chops, 2 at a time or 3, and sear well on each side, for about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Add minced garlic and saute stirring for 30 seconds.
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape well the bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Pour in remaining chicken broth and add pork chops to the pot.
- Seal the lid, make sure the valve is pointed to Sealing and cook at HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes.
- Do a Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes. Release manually the remaining pressure.
- Pork Chops are done when internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. If not done continue to cook on Saute.
- Open the lid and remove pork chops to a plate, cover with foil to keep them covered.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Sauté” and bring remaining mixture to a simmer, whisk in heavy cream and Ranch Seasoning Mix. Taste and adjust.
- Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Add back the pork chops and simmer for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Garnish with dill and serve.
Enjoy weekly hand picked recipes and recommendations