Check the easy way of how to cook Frozen Chicken Breasts In The Instant Pot for a quick, easy and very delicious dinner in just about 30 minutes! Also, watch the quick video tutorial attached to see how to make it quickly without the mess!
Frozen Chicken Breasts In The Instant Pot
When you have an Instant Pot you can make so many delicious recipes in a fraction of the time. One of the best perks of owning a pressure cooker is that you can make many meals without defrosting the meat. With these easy steps on How to Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts In The Instant Pot, you will see how hassle-free cooking with frozen meat can be.
How many times did it happen to you to plan a tasty dinner, and only to realize that you forgot to thaw the meat?! This is the scenario that usually leads to either eating cereal after work or ordering delivery.
Once you see how easy is to cook frozen meat in the Instant Pot, you won’t have this problem again. In this post, I will tell you How to Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts In The Instant Pot and I am sharing with you my easy Herbed Chicken. If you are looking how to cook Frozen Ground Beef in the Instant Pot, you should check my recipe, it definitely saves taco night! Also, I put a short video below to show you step by step instructions on how to do this recipe.
Why cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot?
- The best part is that you don’t have to thaw the meat! Which is such a time saver, especially when you are in a rush!
- Cooking time is reduced by a lot in comparison to grilling or baking it in the oven, especially if you still need to wait to defrost it.
- The result is very juicy and flavorful chicken breasts that you can either enjoy right away or store and use as protein on salads. It makes meal prep so much easier.
- Minimum prep work for a great dinner!
What you will need to Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot?
- Instant Pot or any other Pressure Cooker
- Frozen Chicken Breasts – make sure they are not stuck-frozen to each other. This is important, as it may not cook uniformly.
- Water or Chicken Broth
- White Wine – the white wine can be replaced with either water or chicken broth.
- Minced Garlic
- Butter – optional
How long you should cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot or other Pressure Cooker?
- I like to cook it anywhere between 8-10 minutes. If the chicken breasts are really small, you can see the ones I used in the video, they are on the smaller size, I cook those for 8 minutes with a 10 minute NPR.
- If the chicken breasts are larger and thicker, I cook those for 10 minutes with a 10 minute NPR.
Can I brown Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot?
Now, that’s a no-no. Do not attempt to brown frozen meat of any type. Another way to make the chicken tastier is after you cook it, quickly rinse the pot, select Sauté and brown it a few minutes.
Herbed Chicken Seasoning:
Chicken doesn’t have to be bland. If you take a few minutes to mix these dried herbs and sauté the chicken, you will end up with a very flavorful and delicious dinner! Also, way quicker than baking the chicken breasts. Here are the herbs that I used:
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Dried Rosemary and Dried Thyme – I also like to add a few fresh thyme sprigs to the pot, they will add great flavor.
- Bay leaves
What do you serve Instant Pot Chicken Breasts with?
What is Natural Pressure Release (NPR)?
A Natural Pressure Release means that the pressure is released gradually. For a Natural Pressure Release, you click on Keep Warm and wait 10 minutes. After this, you open the valve and let any leftover pressure to release. Another option is to Turn Off/Unplug the pressure cooker, wait 10 minutes and after that open the valve.
A natural release is usually used when cooking soups, meat in a large amount of sauce, pasta or steel cut oats. This method prevents any foam from the dish to shoot out through the valve, which can happen during a Quick Pressure Release.
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts In The Instant Pot
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 mins
Optional Chicken Seasoning:
Make Herbed Chicken: