Pecan Pie Pumpkin Cheesecake is the copycat of the famous Cheesecake Factory cheesecake. Pecan pie and pumpkin cheesecake combined into one amazing dessert, that is perfect for Thanksgiving.
Pumpkin Recipes are very popular on the blog, check these layered Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars that have over 6M views on Facebook. Other favorites are this Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake and this Cheesecake Stuffed Pumpkin Bread.
Best Pecan Pie Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pecan Pie Pumpkin Cheesecake must be the best dessert that came out of my kitchen. I am on a mission to make all the Cheesecake Factory cakes, and this one is by far my favorite from the menu. Too bad it’s seasonal, but it’s worth every single calorie.
Who said that you have to choose between pecan pie and pumpkin cheesecake when you can have the best of both worlds?! This delicious cake is made of a thick layer of pecan pie filling that has been topped with a luxuriously creamy pumpkin cheesecake. To take it over the top, the cake is finished with a pecan caramel layer and whipped cream.
This indulgent dessert is beyond fantastic and while it involves a few steps to make, it is totally worth it. A show stopper and the best way to take your Thanksgiving dessert game to the next level. You should also check my recipe for Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake Copycat Recipe, it has lots of tips on how to make the perfect dessert.
What do you need to make Pumpkin Cheesecake:
FOR THE GRAHAM CRACKERS CRUST YOU WILL NEED:
- Graham crackers crumbs
- 10 1/2 inch springform pan
FOR THE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE LAYER YOU WILL NEED:
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream and sour cream
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin spice
How do you make Pumpkin Spice?
You can make pumpkin spice blend at home pretty easily, here is what you will need:
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions: In a small bowl, mix all the spices together. Transfer to a small jar or spice container.
How to make the best homemade Pecan Pie Filling?
Homemade pecan pie filling is very easy to make and tastes so much better than the canned version. To make the Pecan pie layer, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups roasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 cup dark corn syrup or dark maple syrup
- ½ cup cream, lukewarm
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
Directions for Pecan Pie Filling:
- First, mix brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Then, add the mixture to a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Next, whisk in egg yolks, dark corn syrup, and cream. Stir and simmer.
- Remove from heat, stir in cold butter until fully dissolved.
- Fold in chopped roasted pecans.
How to prevent cheesecake cracks?
- First, make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature and well combined after mixed.
- Also, adding flour or/and cornstarch to the batter helps prevent cracks.
- In addition, avoid opening the door oven while baking the cheesecake, because the shift in temperature can cause cracks.
- Watch the cake closely to avoid over-baking it. When the sides are puffed and the center of the cake is just slightly wobbly, the cheesecake is done.
- Cooling the cake in the oven, with the door slightly cracked is also very important because the sudden change in temperature can cause cracks.
- Bake it in a water bath, its one of the most successful techniques to avoid cracks on your cheesecake.
How to fix cheesecake cracks?
- You will need: 1) a small offset spatula or spoon 2) hot water 3) a kitchen towel.
- First, let the cheesecake completely cool and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or per recipe instructions. It needs to be cold to be able to fix the cracks.
- Next, use the spatula dipped into hot water (or you can use your fingers or a spoon) to gently push and press down in the area of the crack and spread to fill it in until the top is smooth.
- Clean the spatula with the towel as needed.
- Once finished, clean the offset spatula with the kitchen towel again, and dip it again into warm water and smooth the top of the cheesecake.
- Lastly, add a thin layer of sour cream topping if the cracks are small or a layer of whipped cream topping.
How to bake the pumpkin cheesecake in a water bath?
- First, wrap the outside of the springform pan in a double layer of foil, covering the bottom and sides of the pan, you need to cover the sides only from outside. This is done to prevent the cheesecake from water leaking in. If using a baking pan for the springform for the cheesecake, you can skip this step.
- Set the prepared pan in a large roasting pan that is deep enough to add water to it. Then, pour HOT water into the roasting pan, about halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Next, transfer to a pre-heated oven and bake, until the center jiggles slightly like Jell-O and the sides are puffed and a light golden brown. The residual heat will cook the center of the cheesecake. If it doesn’t wobble a bit in the center, it means it has been over-baked, and most likely will crack.
- Lastly, cool the cake in the oven with the door slightly cracked for one hour. After which transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer to the fridge for 6 hours or better overnight.
HOW TO SLICE THE PECAN PIE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
- First, run a long, sharp thin-bladed slicing knife under hot tap water or dip it into a glass of hot water prior to slicing the cheesecake.
- Then, wipe the knife clean and run it under hot water before making another cut, because cheesecake bites will stick to it.
- An easy, mess-free way to cut even slices is to use cheese wire or unflavored dental floss. This method can be easily used on cheesecakes baked in a springform pan. Clean the bits that stuck to the wire/floss before every cut.
HOW TO FREEZE THE PECAN PIE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
- You can freeze the cheesecake BEFORE you top it with the caramel topping and whipped cream. If you already topped it, just remove the whipped cream, before freezing.
- First, make sure the cake has fully cooled and also was refrigerated for at least 6 hours.
- Then, wrap cheesecake bars tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in a heavy-duty freezer bag.
- Properly stored, it will maintain the best quality for about 2 to 3 months.
More delicious Thanksgiving desserts:
Pecan Pie Pumpkin Cheesecake
Prep time: 1 hour Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes Total time: 2 hrs
Pecan Pie Filling:
Pecan Caramel Topping:
Pecan Pie Filling:
Pumpkin Cheesecake Layer:
Pecan Caramel Layer: