Creamiest Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is a great recipe for handling in a delicious way those pumpkin spice cravings without having to turn on the oven. You also get the natural sweetness of the banana and pumpkin without all of the sugar and additives. If you love pumpkin, this is a delicious breakfast or snack on the go to take care of those pumpkin cravings. Try it with a slice of our famous Pumpkin Bread!
With just a few ingredients, this will be your go-to smoothie during pumpkin season or any time of the year. My family tried it and gave it 5 stars for deliciousness and for how easy it is to make. With just some pumpkin, a frozen banana, yogurt, milk, and a few spices, you can have this yummy pumpkin pie smoothie ready in minutes.
- Pumpkin puree: Do not use pumpkin pie mix. It has too much sugar and additives making your nutritious smoothie not so nutritious. Pure pumpkin puree is best.
- Almond butter: Instead of peanut butter, almond butter has less sugar and fat and more nutrients. Pecan butter would also work here. In fact, any nut butter would work.
- Unsweetened almond milk: Similarly, using almond milk instead of whole milk cuts down on sugar and fat as well as calories. It is also good for those allergic to dairy products.
- Frozen banana: Using frozen bananas makes your smoothie thicker and keeps it colder without having to add ice cubes, which can water down your smoothie.
- Vanilla extract: Make sure you use 100% pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Plain or vanilla yogurt: Either vanilla or plain yogurt would work for this recipe. In fact, you could also use a flavored yogurt like strawberry or blueberry to make your smoothie taste even more fruity.
- Ground cinnamon
How to make pumpkin pie smoothie from scratch?
- Add pumpkin and banana: First, add the pumpkin puree and frozen banana to a food processor or high-powered blender. Mix until creamy.
- Mix in the rest: Then, add the rest of the ingredients and blend on low, gradually increasing to high speed until it is completely mixed.
- Serve and enjoy: Finally, pour it into a tall glass and enjoy.
Frequently asked questions
How do I make homemade pumpkin pie spice?
Making your own pumpkin pie spice is easy and you can use it for so many recipes. All you need are five ingredients including 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of nutmeg, 2 teaspoons of ground ginger, 1.5 teaspoons of ground allspice, and 1.5 teaspoons of ground cloves. Mix it all together and it will stay fresh in a sealed container for six months.
How do I make homemade pumpkin puree?
Like pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree is a good thing to have on hand during pumpkin season. All you need to make it is a pie pumpkin, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bake the pumpkin at 400 F for 40 minutes and mix the flesh with the rest of the ingredients in a food processor.
Is this smoothie really healthy?
If you make this pumpkin pie smoothie exactly as the recipe states, it has a lot of fiber and protein without a lot of saturated fat. In fact, out of the 10.4 grams of fat, only 0.6 grams is saturated fat. Also, there are only 320 calories, 22 grams of sugar, and 38 grams of carbs but you get almost 9 grams of fiber and more than 17 grams of protein.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: This recipe only makes one serving. But if you cannot finish it immediately, it will stay in the fridge for up to two days in a covered container.
- Freeze: If you want to freeze, put leftovers in a sealed jar and they will stay fresh for up to a month. You could also make pumpkin pie smoothie pops using pudding pop or popsicle molds.
- Thaw: Thaw your frozen smoothie in the fridge overnight before serving.
More pumpkin recipes to try:
- Using pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin purée is not a great idea because it has so much sugar and other ingredients you do not need.
- It is best to use a frozen banana to make the pumpkin pie smoothie thick and cold. Using ice cubes instead can make your smoothie watery.
- Make sure to use a ripe banana for the best banana flavor.
- If your pumpkin pie smoothie is too thick, feel free to add more liquid.
- Start the blender at a low speed and gradually increase the speed to high to help mix all the ingredients.
- Add other frozen fruit like strawberries or blueberries to make this pumpkin pie smoothie even more delicious.
- Instead of almond milk, you could also use coconut milk, oat milk, or cashew milk.
- If you have any leftover pumpkin puree, use it in your coffee or for other pumpkin recipes like a pumpkin spice latte. Or you can add extra pumpkin puree to your smoothie for more pumpkin flavor.
- Looking for more pumpkin recipes or more smoothie recipes? Check out our food blog for delicious recipes you can make in 30 minutes or less any time of the year.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 banana frozen
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk this will make the creamiest smoothie, but you can use your milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or any other nut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg ginger and allspice - or use pumpkin pie spice blend
Follow me on InstagramFollow
- First, chop the frozen banana and add it to a blender together with the pumpkin puree.
- Next, add the yogurt, pour the coconut milk on top, and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. To make the smoothie sweeter add some maple syrup or honey.
- Pour the pumpkin pie smoothie into a serving glass and enjoy.
- Feel free to double or triple the recipe.
- Ground flaxseed meal: For more fiber and minerals, add a tablespoon of flaxseed meal. Another way to add fiber and healthy fats is with a tablespoon of chia or hemp seeds.
- More protein: Add one scoop of your favorite protein powder for more protein. Vanilla protein powder would be delicious.
- No dairy: Along with your non-dairy milk, use dairy-free yogurt for a dairy-free smoothie recipe.
- Plain Greek yogurt: Instead of regular yogurt, use plain or vanilla Greek yogurt for a thick and creamy smoothie with less fat and calories.
- Add cheese: Another way to make your morning smoothies healthier is to use cottage cheese instead of yogurt.
- Pumpkin pie spices: Instead of using cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, you can use pumpkin spice.
- Maple syrup: Add a little maple syrup for more sweetness.
- Homemade: Use homemade pumpkin puree if you have it. If not, canned pumpkin puree is fine.
- Whipped cream: Top with a scoop of whipped cream for an absolutely delicious but still healthy pumpkin pie smoothie.