OVEN ROASTED MAHI MAHI – 30 MINUTES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
OVEN ROASTED MAHI MAHI IN OLIVE OIL AND LEMON JUICE, SERVED WITH ROASTED GRAPE TOMATOES AND ASPARAGUS, MADE IN JUST 30 MINUTES.
Oven Roasted Mahi Mahi with Roasted Grape Tomatoes and Roasted Asparagus is such and easy and healthy dinner that you can make in only 30 minutes. This meal is perfect for when you are in a hurry, or want to eat something light, refreshing and yet satisfying! I used frozen Mahi Mahi filets, if you can find fresh fish even better, but the frozen filets are very good as well, make sure you let them thaw though.
Rubbed with garlic and olive oil, the fillets are drizzled with lemon juice, sprinkled with sea salt and black pepper. I added some mini grape tomatoes to the pan, I adore them roasted and they pair so well with the fish. Oven Roasted Mahi Mahi is a tasty, healthy and full of flavor meal.
Why You’ll Love This Oven Roasted Mahi Mahi Recipe:
- Very easy to make its perfect for quick and nutritious weeknight meals, yet good-looking to serve on special occasions
- The meal is packed with lean protein and veggies
- The fish tastes fresh and delicious with minimum prep work involved
- Minimum dishes to clean, you just need two baking pans
Tips and Trick To Make The Best Oven Roasted Mahi Mahi:
- If you use frozen fish fillets, make sure you place them in the fridge way in advance so they can gradually thaw
- If using fresh fish fillets, I like to rinse them under cold water first and dry them with paper towels
- Don’t skip the lemon zest, its adds an amazing flavor to the fish
- It’s easiest to zest the lemons when they are whole, so first remove the zest from the lemon, before cutting it in half for juicing
- Also, before removing the lemons zest, make sure you wash and dry your lemon
- Adjust the garlic in this recipe to your own preference, if you like more add more
- If you would like to add a spicy kick to this recipe, sprinkle a little cayenne pepper over the fish fillets
- Don’t over cook the fish, roast until the fish fillets are just opaque in the center, about 10 minutes
OVEN ROASTED MAHI MAHI - 30 MINUTES
Oven Roasted Mahi Mahi in olive oil and lemon juice, served with roasted grape tomatoes and asparagus, made in just 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil for brushing and oiling the pan
- 2 lb mahi mahi fillets about 5 fillets 5-6 ounces each, fresh or thawed if frozen
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 lb fresh thin asparagus
- fresh thyme
- crumbled feta optional
Preheat an oven to 400°F.
Lay the bottom of a baking sheet pan with parchment paper and brush with olive oil, then add the fish filets to the pan.
Brush the fish fillets all over with olive oil, rub in the lemon zest and garlic, then squeeze the juice from 1 lemon over the fish.
Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Toss the grape tomatoes in 1 teaspoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and add to the pan.
Top fish fillets with fresh thyme and roast until the fish fillets are just opaque in the center, about 10-15 minutes, depends how thick are the fillets.
Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus and discard.
In another baking sheet pan, add the asparagus, drizzle with olive oil, juice of half lemon, sea salt and pepper. Toss the asparagus to evenly coat with oil.
Roast on the top rack of the oven for just 10-15 minutes for a mildly cooked asparagus.
Remove fish from oven, discard the thyme sprigs and top with fresh thyme sprigs for serving and juice from the remaining half lemon.
Serve immediately with the roasted tomatoes and asparagus topped with feta crumbles.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.
If you like easy Fish Dishes, check this amazing Oven Roasted Spanish Mackerel: