Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon is one delicious meal that made in a fraction of the time. Tender, melt in your mouth pieces of beef, cooked with veggies in a wine broth.
Easy Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon
Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon is such a delicious dish, full of tender beef that has been cooked in the most amazing wine broth. Lots of tender veggies and fragrant herbs to elevate the flavors of this dish. The beef is so tender it actually melts in your mouth.
The veggies are perfectly done and make this a hearty meal. That amazing sauce is delicious on mashed potatoes. Or even better, use some crusty bread to soak in the sauce, and enjoy every drop of it.
This is one of the best beef recipes I have ever had. It is bursting with flavors and aromas, perfect if you want to impress some guests or just craving a comforting meal.
Pressure Cooker Beef Bourguignon Recipe Tips:
- Use good quality meat, because a centered meal starts with quality meat, preferably use organic. I used stew meat.
- Similarly, look for fresh meat, that has a bright color, and lots of marbling, the marbling is essential to get great flavor and tenderness.
- Cut the beef into 2-inch chunks, so they hold their shape well after cooking.
- Browning the beef is essential, it will lock the flavor and the beef juices and also elevate the meat flavor.
- You can also add a cup of chopped celery.
- Also, for a spicier kick, add some red pepper flakes.
- If you want to make this dish without the wine, you can replace it with beef broth.
Does the alcohol from wine cook-off in the Instant Pot?
When you are cooking with alcohol using a Pressure Cooker or slow cooker, the alcohol won’t evaporate as when you were cooking on the stove-top. The alcohol is sealed in this case, and only a portion of it will evaporate into steam. Therefore, the dish should only be served to adults.
What wines pair well with Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon?
- A nice, fruity red wine such as Zinfandel or Syrah will pair nicely with the flavors in this beef dish.
- If you’re looking for a white option, Riesling or Pinot Grigio are always great matches for bold, somewhat spicy dishes.
Can you freeze Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon?
Yes, this dish can easily be frozen. Let the sauce cool completely before freezing. Transfer into freezer-safe containers or heavy-duty freezer bags and add the beef and broccoli. Make sure the sauce covers at least partially the beef, so t won’t dry out. Label with the date, and freeze for up to 3-4 months, or longer if you use a deep freezer.
What is a 10 Minutes Natural Pressure Release?
A Natural Pressure Release means that the pressure is released gradually. For a Natural Pressure Release, you click on Keep Warm, and wait 10 minutes, after which you open the valve and let any leftover pressure to release.
Another option is to Turn Off/Unplug the pressure cooker, wait 10 minutes and after that open the valve. A natural release is usually used when cooking soups, meat in a large amount of sauce, pasta or steel cut oats. This method prevents any foam from the dish to shoot out through the valve, which can happen during a Quick Pressure Release.
Tools/ingredients that I used to make this Recipe:
- Instant Pot – I use it all the time, I have the 6 quarts one. It makes weeknight meals so much easier.
Watch Recipe Video:
Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Total time: 1 hr 5 mins
Rest of Ingredients:
Use Yukon potatoes if you are looking for the potatoes to hold their shape better.