Best Instant Pot Cheesecake (VIDEO)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Best Instant Pot Cheesecake that is unbelievably creamy and topped with mixed berries! So easy to make, that you don’t need to worry about cracked tops or water baths!
I can’t stop making Instant Pot Cheesecakes, like the amazing Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake, followed by the delicious Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake, and now I made this superb Instant Pot Original Cheesecake topped with a mountain of berries.
Best Instant Pot Cheesecake
I am a cheesecake person at heart, if you put in front of me 10 desserts and there is cheesecake, I will reach for it, no doubts here. This Instant Pot Cheesecake has completely changed my perception of how cheesecake can be made.
Hear me out, I will never discriminate a cracked cheesecake, but if you are looking to easily make a perfect cheesecake with no cracks, no time consuming water baths and picking thru the oven door, this recipe is right for you. I have never imagined that making a cheesecake can be so easy!
What do you need to make this Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe:
- You will need a springform pan that can fit in your Instant Pot, this is the one I used.
- Trivet for the Instant Pot, to place the springform on.
- Hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Graham crackers or graham cracker crumbs.
- Cream cheese.
- White granulated sugar.
- Unsalted butter for the crust.
- Eggs that should also be at room temperature, just like the rest of the ingredients.
- Heavy cream and cornstarch.
Why should you add cornstarch to a cheesecake:
Usually the cornstarch is added to the cheesecake batter to avoid cracks. About 1 tablespoon to 1/4 cup of cornstarch (depends how much batter you have) is added to the batter with the sugar.
Pin This Best Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe to your Favorite Board
Why make the Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe:
This method of cooking a cheesecake is by far the easiest one and the end result is a rich, creamy, perfect cheesecake that has no cracks at all. The Instant Pot will cook the cheesecake uniformly and it also is the perfect environment to avoid cracks, as it has the right amount of moisture, creating the effect of a water bath. You don’t have to pick through the oven window anymore, you set up the timer and once its done all you have to do is chill the cheesecake.
How to remove a cheesecake from the springform pan:
- Carefully run a small knife around the edge of the pan, starting all the way up and working your way down. This way you will loosen and bits that stuck to the pan.
- Unbuckle the springform pan and remove the circular band only after the cheesecake has been properly chilled and is still cold.
- To transfer the cheesecake to a serving dish, run a long, thin spatula between the crust and the pan bottom, and gently slide the cheesecake onto the serving dish.
How to slice a cheesecake:
- Run a long, sharp thin-bladed slicing knife under hot tap water or dip it into a glass of hot water prior to slicing the cheesecake. Wipe the knife clean and run it it under hot water before making another cut.
- An easy, mess free way to cut even slices is to use cheese wire or unflavored dental floss. Clean the bits that stuck to the wire/floss before every cut.
How do you store cheesecake in the fridge:
Freshly baked cheesecake will keep for about 1 week in the fridge. Refrigerate the Instant Pot Cheesecake covered loosely with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
How do you freeze the cheesecake:
Yes, you can freeze the Instant Pot Cheesecake BEFORE you top it with the berries. Wrap cheesecake tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap, or place in heavy-duty freezer bag. Properly stored, it will maintain best quality for about 2 to 3 months.
Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe Video:
Best Instant Pot Cheesecake
Best Instant Pot Cheesecake that is unbelievably creamy and topped with mixed berries! So easy to make! No need to worry about cracked tops or water baths!
- 1 1/4 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 tablespoons raspberry or strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries halved
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Lightly coat a 7x3-inch springform pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Finely chop the walnuts or add them to a food processor.
- Add all the graham crackers crumbs, ground walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and melted butter to a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared springform pan. Using a measuring cup, press the crust and try to line the sides about to the middle of the pan edges.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before you begin.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy on medium-low speed.
- Add the sugar and cornstarch and continue beating until well combined and creamy. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat after each addition until well combined.
- Add heavy cream, vanilla extract and almond extract. Beat well, stopping to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour cheesecake batter mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place metal trivet into a 6-qt Instant Pot and add 1 1/2 cups water.
Gently transfer the cheesecake pan on top of the trivet. Cover the top with foil.
Select manual setting and adjust pressure to high. Set time to 30 minutes. You can do 35 minutes for a denser cheesecake.
- When finished cooking and the Instant Pot beeps, release pressure naturally for about 20-30 minutes.
- Carefully open the pot and transfer cheesecake to a cooling rack. Let it cool for 1 hour, after which run a paring knife around the edges.
- Transfer cheesecake to the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberry jam and 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to combine.
- Stir in strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and lemon zest until the berries are evenly coated in the jam mixture.
- Remove cheesecake from pan before serving and top with the berry mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.