Vanilla Bean Strawberry Curd is seasonal and delicious, with vanilla bean seeds and a touch of lemon.
Vanilla Bean Strawberry Curd
I love creamy desserts, so when I got my hands onto some unbelievably fresh and fragrant strawberries, I made Strawberry Curd with notes of fresh lemon and vanilla bean. You can eat this stuff by the spoon, I convinced myself that this is a creamy smoothie so I can justify just drinking this stuff all summer long.
I used to make lemon curd all the time, its perfect in summer desserts, but Strawberry Curd is a new obsession in my house. I can literally eat this curd on cream cheese bagels and call it a day. This curd is a must this season, you can put it on cakes, into frosting, you can serve it with toast, or as a dipping sauce with fruits. It tastes absolutely fabulous. Serve it with warm muffins or toast, the possibilities are endless! Creamy, with a gorgeous pink color from the fresh strawberries, with beautiful specs of vanilla bean seeds and just a touch of citrus to make the strawberry flavor shine.
Why You’ll Love This Strawberry Curd:
- Incredibly easy to make.
- Flavorful and delicious, while rich in vitamins.
- Made with real fruits that everyone can enjoy.
- Kids and adults love it.
- Perfect to refreshment during hot days.
- Can be used as dipping, filling, or frosting.
What ingredient are needed for perfect Strawberry Curd?
- Fresh lemon juice
- Vanilla beans
- Egg yolks
- Unsalted butter
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 vanilla beans (seeds only *see note)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place strawberries in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Press the mixture thru a fine mesh over a medium bowl, discard the seeds.
- Add sugar and cornstarch to a medium sauce pan over low-medium heat, gradually whisk in strawberry puree, vanilla bean seeds and fresh lemon juice. Whisk in the 4 egg yolks. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly, and cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and whisk in butter until combined.
- Place plastic wrap directly onto the warm curd, to prevent a film from forming and chill for 6-8 hours.