Strawberry Ice Cream
Last updated on June 18th, 2021 at 03:52 pm
Strawberry Ice Cream is easy to make with 5 ingredients only. It is sweet and flavorful strawberry ice cream with chocolate chunks that tastes like summer.
I love making easy and delicious Ice Cream, like my Mint Chocolate Chip Avocado Ice Cream and Chocolate Chip Blackberry Ice Cream.
Chocolate Chunks Strawberry Ice Cream
This Strawberry Ice Cream is delicious, full of flavor and refreshing during hot summer days. As the farmers markets will soon start to burst with aromatic organic strawberries, it’s time to try making this delicious comfort ice cream. I found some ripe and flavorful strawberries on sale at whole foods and the first things that came to my mind were to make a tasty ice cream. I decided to make this sweet and creamy strawberry ice cream with chocolate chunks that the whole family loved.
As you can assume it this ice cream turned out delicious. Firstly, it is creamy, with a prominent strawberry flavor and loaded with sweet, big chunks of dark chocolate. Also, it has the most delicious crispy sugar cone, that perfectly pairs with the strawberry ice cream.
Why you will enjoy this Strawberry Ice cream:
- Firstly, it’s creamy and rich in strawberry which makes it a show stopper dessert.
- Also, it’s very easy to make with few ingredients.
- Making it at home is cheaper than buying at the store.
- It can be made days or weeks in advance and store in the freezer for days to come.
- In addition, you can use variation of fruits as the combination is endless.
What ingredients do I need for a delicious Ice Cream?
- Fruits such as strawberries
- Heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
- Egg yolks
- Dark chocolate chunks
Can I store Ice Cream in the fridge?
To serve ice cream more easily, transfer the container from the freezer to the fridge 10 to 20 minutes before serving. For the best taste, home made ice cream should be eaten within a day or two.
How do you keep ice cream from getting freezer burn?
To prevent the ice cream from taking on the odor of that fish or other products from your freezer, use a container with a tight-fitting lid. For extra security, place a layer of plastic wrap between your ice cream and the lid. Air is also responsible for freezer burn, which desiccates and crystallizes the surface of ice cream.
How do you freeze melted ice cream?
To refreeze thawed ice cream, is recommended only it is slightly melted, and has been kept under proper refrigeration. It is also important that it was not exposed to the outside environment. However, if it was almost melted outside the freezer, then you probably risk your health by eating it.
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 quart strawberries (washed, stemmed and quartered)
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- In a blender, combine strawberries with 1/2 cup of the sugar and process until smooth.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine heavy cream with the rest of sugar. Bring to a simmer.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks until smooth. Add 1 cup of the hot liquid to the egg yolks and whisk until smooth.
- Add the yolk mixture to the saucepan of liquid and whisk until well incorporated. Bring the liquid back to simmer and continue to cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in the strawberries. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a glass bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the mixture. This will prevent a skin from forming while cooling. Cool the mixture completely. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Process the mixture according the ice cream machine instructions.
CommentsLeave a reply