Blackberry Ice Cream
Last updated on June 18th, 2021 at 05:08 pm
Blackberry Ice Cream with fragrant vanilla bean seeds and loaded with crunchy mini chocolate chips, such a perfect summer snack.
Making fresh and quality Ice Cream at home can be very exiting and rewarding. I have tried a few, and my favorite once are Mint Chocolate Chip Avocado Ice Cream and Strawberry Ice Cream.
Blackberry Ice Cream
While No Churn ice cream is good and is super easy to make, nothing beats the real deal! I was lucky enough to borrow my friend’s Kitchen Aid ice cream maker, and now I want to buy my own. This Chocolate Chip Blackberry Ice Cream turned out perfect. Creamy, delicious and with a gorgeous purple color!
The Blackberry Ice Cream has been the perfect snack on hot summer days, and I love the crunchiness of the mini chocolate chips. Take my advice, and use mini chocolate chips, because the regular ones will not taste as good after freezing the ice cream. Better yet, if time allows, I would recommend shaving some chocolate into the ice cream.
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY THIS Blackberry ICE CREAM:
- Firstly, it’s creamy and rich in blackberry which makes it a show stopper dessert.
- Also, it’s very easy to make with few ingredients.
- Making it at home is cheaper than buying at the store.
- It can be made days or weeks in advance and store in the freezer for days to come.
- In addition, you can use variation of fruits as the combination is endless.
Follow Sweet and Savory Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Pin This Blackberry Ice Cream Recipe to your Favorite Board
What ingredients do I need for a delicious Ice Cream?
- Fresh blackberries
- Lemon Juice
- Egg yolks
- Whipping cream
- Vanilla beans
- Mini chocolate chips
Can I store Ice Cream in the fridge?
To serve ice cream more easily, transfer the container from the freezer to the fridge 10 to 20 minutes before serving. For the best taste, home made ice cream should be eaten within a day or two.
How do you keep ice cream from getting freezer burn?
To prevent the ice cream from taking on the odor of that fish or other products from your freezer, use a container with a tight-fitting lid. For extra security, place a layer of plastic wrap between your ice cream and the lid. Air is also responsible for freezer burn, which desiccates and crystallizes the surface of ice cream.
How do you freeze melted ice cream?
To refreeze thawed ice cream, is recommended only it is slightly melted, and has been kept under proper refrigeration. It is also important that it was not exposed to the outside environment. However, if it was almost melted outside the freezer, then you probably risk your health by eating it.
Blackberry Ice Cream
- 2 pints fresh blackberries
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3 vanilla beans (seeds only)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add blackberries, sugar and lemon juice to a medium saucepan and cook over low heat, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes. Using a fine mesh strainer, drain the mixture by pressing the berries to extract as much liquid and puree as possible. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat half-and-half until very hot but not boiling, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place egg yolks, vanilla bean seed and sugar in the KitchenAid Stand Mixer bowl fitted with the wire whip attachment. Turn to Speed 2 and mix for about 30 seconds, until well blended.
- With the mixer still on Speed 2, gradually add the half-and-half and mix until blended. Return the mixture to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until small bubbles start to form around the edges. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in whipping cream. Add the blackberry mixture to the custard, stir it in until well combined, then cover and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Attach the cooled KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker. Turn the mixer to STIR (Speed 1). Pour the ice cream mixture into the bowl slowly. Continue running the mixer on STIR (Speed 1) for 15 to 20 minutes or until desired consistency is reached. Immediately transfer ice cream into an airtight container, using a spatula mix in chocolate chips, cover and freeze for 2 hours before serving.
CommentsLeave a reply