Baked Crack Chicken is creamy and cheesy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside! Addictingly delicious, it is loaded with flavors and is super easy to make!
Easy Baked Crack Chicken
Baked Crack Chicken is one hearty meat dish that can be easily done in under an hour including the preparation time. Also, it requires only a handful of ingredients to make.
Yesterday, I was craving for my crack trio but my son was asking for some baked chicken. So, what better solution there is but to combine both!
In this ultimate dish, the combination of cheese, ranch, and bacon complements the rather bland white meat. And since I used the oven for this, the whole thing was simple. I just assembled everything and threw it in the oven and that’s it!
I got to clean up the kitchen while it was baking in the oven. You know, those few minutes of waiting were spent more productively and the homemaker in me was happy!
That is what I like with baking, I can multitask even for just a short time. And I enjoyed the aroma while this delicious dish was baking, and it was heavenly! Try it, you will fall in love with this dish!
What is Crack Chicken?
It is simply white meat baked with a coating of ranch, bacon, and cheese. It is called “crack” because it is so addicting, delicious, and super tasty!
In this recipe, the white meat is coated with the combination of the three ingredients plus mayonnaise, garlic, and sea salt. Then, topped with a generous heap of cheese and bacon before baking.
This dish is so hearty, but can you believe that it is also low in carbs?
What do you need to make Baked Crack Chicken?
You will only need these 8 ingredients:
- Ranch seasoning
- Cooked bacon
- Cheddar cheese
- Chicken breasts
- Sea salt
How do you make Baked Crack Chicken?
- Prep the oven: Preheat it to 450 degrees. Also, prepare your baking sheets by lining with foil and by lightly greasing it.
- Prep the bacon mixture: Use a blender or food processor to grind the cooked bacon, garlic, and sea salt. Then, transfer to a small bowl.
- Coat: In a separate bowl, mix the mayo and the ranch seasoning. Lightly coat the white meat with this mixture and then, roll over the bacon mixture. Do this for all pieces.
- Bake: Place everything on the baking sheet, and then, top with cheddar cheese and more bacon. Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes until cooked through and the bacon bits are crispy.
- Serve: Garnish with parsley and serve!
How to make chicken breast juicy?
There are plenty of options when baking white meat to make it juicy. In this recipe, we use mayonnaise on the coating which supplies the fat needed to make the meat dry out less. Also, it coats it nicely with additional flavor, while making the meat juicier and tender.
In addition, this recipe calls for cooking at the high heat of 450 degrees for about 15 to 18 minutes and that alone seals and locks the juices in it. A crust forms on the outside while keeping the meat tender with the juices locked inside.
How to store it?
- Refrigerate: You can keep this in the fridge for 3 to 4 days, covered in an airtight container.
- Freeze: Keep it in a freeze-proof container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
- Make-ahead: You can assemble everything first then, refrigerate. After a day or two, bake it.
- Reheat: Simply reheat in the microwave or on a skillet. You can also bake it again in the oven.
- You can combine different types of cheeses like mozzarella and parmesan.
- Before freezing it, you might want to shred or dice the pieces first so you will not have a huge piece of meat to thaw for reheating.
- You can also seal in the juices prior to baking to ensure a juicy dish. How? Simply brown the meat on all sides on a heated skillet with a small amount of oil. It is better to use residual oil from cooking the bacon as it is flavorful.
- If you prefer a different type of meat, feel free to substitute it. Turkey breast would be a great alternative.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 mins
- 4 large chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Ranch seasoning
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup Bacon bits (cooked)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 6 bacon slices (cooked and chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of bacon bits to a food processor, also add the garlic, and salt, pulse until chopped into small pieces. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise to a medium bowl and mix with Ranch seasoning.
- Dip each chicken breast into the mayo mixture, then roll in the bacon mixture until well coated. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese on top and the remaining bacon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.