Air Fryer Pumpkin Pies are the perfect treat for this time of the year. Buttery pie crust is filled with pumpkin pie filling and air fried to crispy perfection. Such a simple, yet amazing fall dessert or snack.
If you are not a fan of pumpkin, try this easy recipe for Air Fryer Blueberry Hand Pies. Since it is pumpkin season, you can make some Classic Homemade Pumpkin Pies for everyone else. Or try this Crustless Pumpkin Pie for a gluten-free and low-carb pumpkin dessert.
Air Fryer Hand Pies
The best part of the fall season for me is the food. At this time of year, everyone is having sales on baking supplies like pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie filling, powdered sugar, and brown sugar so it is the best time to make pumpkin recipes.
In fact, this is one of my favorite pumpkin pie recipes and top air fryer recipes as well. Even if you have one of the smaller air fryers, you will have enough room to make these air fryer pumpkin hand pies.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can have these tasty treats on the table within minutes, which is one of my favorite things about using the air fryer to cook. It is a fast and easy air fryer version of homemade pumpkin pie. And this is one of the healthier sweet treats you can offer the kids as an after-school snack or even for breakfast.
You can make this super simple using crescent roll dough or go all out and make homemade air fryer pie crust. Either way, this is one of the most delicious recipes you can make and will make a great addition to any meal.
Scroll down to our recipe card below for the exact measurements but here are the ingredients you are going to need to get started:
- Pie crusts: You will need two refrigerator pie crusts or two rolls of crescent roll dough.
- Pumpkin pie filling: Make your own or use canned to save time.
- Egg: Just one for the egg wash.
- Water: To mix with the egg.
- Sugar: White granulated sugar for sprinkling on top.
- Olive oil spray: Or canola or another cooking spray.
How do you make air fryer pumpkin pies?
- Get the dough ready: First, roll out the crescent dough sheets on a flat surface covered with flour.
- Cut circles: Use a round cookie cutter to cut three 5-inch circles from each crust.
- Save: Also, save the remaining dough to make one or two more pies.
- Filling: Meanwhile, pour the pumpkin filling into a large bowl and spoon two tablespoons into each of the circles.
- Crimp: Then, run a wet fingertip around the edge of each pie dough circle and fold the crust over to make a half-moon shape. Crimp the edges with your fingers or a fork.
- Egg wash: Next, whisk the egg with the water in a small bowl and use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash onto the pies.
- Sprinkle and cut: After, sprinkle sugar on top of each pie and cut three small cuts into the top to release steam.
- Preheat: Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Spray: Then spray the basket of the air fryer with oil before putting in the pies. Make sure they are not touching.
- Fry: Finally, air fry for eight to nine minutes until they are golden brown.
How to serve:
Serve this easy pumpkin dessert recipe warm with a dollop of ice cream. Or you can use one of these other serving suggestions.
- Make this easy and creamy homemade whipped cream for the top.
- Add a bit of brown sugar to the pies while they are still hot and sprinkle on some rainbow sprinkles to make them more festive.
- Serve these air fryer hand pies with a drizzle of caramel sauce for a sweeter and delicious fall treat.
- Make an easy cinnamon glaze for the top by mixing cinnamon with powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- Serve these in a basket at your Thanksgiving dinner.
Frequently asked questions
How do I tell when my pumpkin pie is done?
Just like any doneness test, if you stick a toothpick into the middle of it and it comes out clean, the pie is done. However, if the toothpick comes out with pie filling on it, you need to cook it for a few more minutes. If you are worried about the edges getting too brown, you can cover them with aluminum foil.
Why is my pumpkin pie crust soggy?
A soggy crust is not the end of the world. But when you are making the perfect pumpkin pie for family and your crust is soggy, that is no fun. But it happens. Try only using a little bit of water at a time just until the dough starts to get sticky.
Then let it chill in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes before rolling.
Can I put a frozen pie in an air fryer?
The air fryer is a great way to make a frozen pie if it fits. For example, if you are making frozen hand pies, mini pumpkin pies, or a pot pie, you can just put it into the air fryer basket and cook it for about 30 minutes at 360 degrees F.
However, cook time varies depending on the size of the pie and the air fryer so check it after 20 minutes.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: After your air fryer pumpkin pies are cooled to room temperature, put them in the fridge in an airtight container. They will stay good for up to three days.
- Freeze: If you are not going to eat them in a few days, you can freeze them for up to three months. Wrap in plastic wrap and place them in freezer bags before putting them in the freezer.
- Thaw: Thaw in the fridge overnight and eat cold or warm them in the microwave.
- Reheat: Alternatively, you can reheat them in the air fryer for five minutes.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
Air Fryer Pumpkin Pies
- 2 refrigerator pie crusts
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- First, if the pie crusts are frozen, thaw them per the directions on the package.
- Roll out the pie dough on a lightly floured surface and using a cookie cutter cut out 4 4-inch circles from each crust. Discard the scraps or roll them to make more hand pies. Or make smaller pies.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie filling to the circles leaving about a ½-inch border.
- Next, dip a fingertip into some water and run it around the edges of the circles.
- Fold the crust over the filling to create a half-moon shape and gently pinch the edges together. Using a fork crimp the edges together.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with the water and brush the mixture all over the pies.
- Mix the cinnamon with the sugar and sprinkle on top of the pies.
- Make 3 small incision cuts on the top.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Spray the basket with oil spray. Arrange the pies, in one single layer not touching each other, you may need to cook these in batches.
- Air fry for 9-10 minutes, or until golden brown.