Air Fryer Peach Hand Pies are crispy and flaky on the outside and sweet and gooey on the inside, made with just 5 ingredients. You can make these delicious little tarts with almost no prep time and just a handful of ingredients. Just pie crust, canned peaches, an egg, and some sugar is all you will need to have these tiny pockets of sweetness in minutes.
Looking for other delicious recipes? For a holiday treat, make these Air Fryer Pumpkin Pies flavored with cinnamon and other pumpkin pie spices. Or you can try our Peach Mousse made with fresh peaches, heavy whipping cream, and peach juice. This Pineapple Crisp is a summertime favorite made with brown sugar, crushed pineapples, and coconut.
Believe it or not, the hand pie has been around for centuries. In fact, the first-hand pies were made with savory meat instead of fruit way back in the early 1800s in England.
They were made for the Cornish tin miners as a way to keep the filling warm and clean while working in the mines. Today, they are made in all shapes, sizes, and flavors and you may hear them called pop tarts, dessert pies, or pasties.
Air fryer hand pies are bursting with fresh peach flavor and a crunchy pastry crust, perfect for a treat anytime your sweet tooth comes calling. These are also fun to make with the kids or the grandkids. They can do the dough rolling, cutting the rounds, and prepping the pies while you supervise.
If you are looking for other peach recipes, try this easy recipe for peach cobbler made with vanilla extract, peaches, and brown sugar, or our peaches and cream ice cream you can make with cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and canned peaches. We have all sorts of ideas on our food blog to make your life easier.
You only need a few simple ingredients for this easy recipe. When you are ready to begin, just scroll down to our recipe card for complete instructions.
- Refrigerator pie crusts: Keep chilled until ready to use.
- Peach pie filling: Canned peaches are fine.
- Large egg: At room temperature.
- Warm water
- White granulated sugar
- Cooking spray
How to make air fryer peach hand pies from scratch?
- Thaw the pie crusts: First, thaw the pie crusts per the directions on the package.
- Cut the circles: Next, roll out each pie crust on a floured surface and cut out as many 5-inch circles as you can using a cookie cutter or glass.
- Add the peaches: Then add two tablespoons of peach pie filling to the center of each of the circles leaving about a half-inch around the edges.
- Make the pies: After, brush water around the edges of each pie crust circle and fold them over, making a half-moon shape. Pinch the edges together or use a fork to crimp the edges.
- Wash and sugar: Now, whisk the egg with the water and use the egg wash to brush onto the pies before you sprinkle them with sugar and make three incisions on top to release the air.
- Preheat and place: Immediately, preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees F for five minutes before spraying the basket with oil and placing the pies inside. Do not crowd the basket.
- Air fry the pies: Lastly, fry until they are golden brown, which takes about 9 or 10 minutes.
- Cool and serve: Finally, let the hand pies cool for five minutes before serving.
How to make air fryer peach hand pies in the oven?
- Preheat: First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, thaw out the pie dough as directed on the package, and prep a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make the pie circles: While you wait, roll each pie crust out onto a lightly floured surface and use a glass or cookie cutter to make as many five-inch circles as you can.
- Fill the pies: Then, spoon out two tablespoons of the peach filling into the middle of the circles.
- Fold the pies: After, brush edges of the pies with water and fold each into a half circle. Crimp the edges with a fork or use your fingers. Continue with the remaining pies until you finish them all.
- Whisk: Next, in a medium bowl, whisk the water and egg together until it is frothy. Use a pastry brush to spread the egg mixture onto the surface of each peach hand pie.
- Prep the pies for baking: Now, sprinkle sugar on each pie and make three small slits in the top with a sharp knife.
- Cook the pies: Last, bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees F or until they are golden brown.
- Cool and eat: Remove pies and let them cool on the cooling rack for five minutes before eating.
How to serve:
Serve these peach hand pies for breakfast, dessert, or just anytime you want something sweet. The kids will love them for an afterschool snack or try one of these delicious ideas:
- Sprinkle the top of your peach hand pies with powdered sugar for extra sweetness.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream for a special treat. Use our recipe for homemade whipped topping.
- Another way to dress up these pies is with some chocolate chips or rainbow sprinkles.
- Instead of whipped topping, try a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Or you could try our strawberry ice cream recipe.
- Put one of these in your child’s lunch for a nice sweet surprise.
- These hand pies are a scrumptious dessert for this meatloaf dinner and a side of tasty instant pot mashed potatoes.
Frequently asked questions
How can I make my own peach filling?
For an easy way to make your own filling, combine diced peaches with sugar, vanilla, and lemon. You need one tablespoon of lemon juice, one teaspoon of vanilla, and two tablespoons of sugar. Let it sit for 10 minutes to extract the juices.
Drain the juice and mix with corn starch to thicken. Add the juice mixture back into the peaches before filling your peach hand pies.
Should I put oil on my air fryer basket?
Although many manufacturers say no, this recipe calls for a bit of nonstick spray. However, you should always go with what the manufacturer says because your air fryer basket may be different than the ones that we have used.
Can I frost these hand pies?
There is an easy glaze that you can use to top these delicious little hand pies. Just combine enough powdered sugar and vanilla with milk to make a drizzle-thin consistency. Then, drizzle some onto each hand pie before serving. You can also try our easy cream cheese frosting recipe.
What is the nutrition information of this recipe?
Each peach hand pie has 265 calories, 36 grams of carbs, 12 grams of fat with 4 grams of saturated fat, 20 milligrams of cholesterol, 3 grams of sugar, and 190 milligrams of sodium. You also get 3 grams of protein, 95 milligrams of potassium, 1 gram of fiber, 121 units of vitamin A, 2 milligrams of vitamin C, 16 milligrams of calcium, and 1 milligram of iron.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: Store hand pies in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to five days.
- Freeze: To freeze hand pies, place parchment paper between each pie and put them in a freezer bag or another airtight container. Be sure to write the date on the bag and eat them within three months.
- Thaw: Defrost frozen leftovers in the fridge overnight for best flavor and texture.
- Reheat: To reheat, place pies in the air fryer for two or three minutes. You can also microwave them for one minute.
More peach recipes:
Air Fryer Peach Hand Pies
- 2 refrigerator pie crusts
- 1 1/2 cups peach pie filling
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar (or brown sugar)
- Cooking spray
- Start by planning in advance and thaw the pie crusts per package instructions.
- When ready to make the hand pies, roll out the pie dough on a lightly floured surface, and using a cookie cutter cut out 3 or more 5-inch circles from each crust. Discard the scraps.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of peach pie filling to the center of the circles leaving about a ½-inch border.
- After that, dip a fingertip in water and run it around the edges of the circles. Fold them to create a half-moon shape and pinch the edges together. Crimp the edges together using a fork, as shown in the photo collage.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg with the water and brush the surface of the hand pies with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with sugar, either white or brown and make 3 small incision cuts on the top, this helps the steam escape.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F and spray the basket with oil spray.
- Arrange the pies, in one single layer not touching each other. If needed cook in batches.
- Air fry for 9-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the air fryer and let cool for a few minutes before serving.