Oreo Brownies are a piece of heaven on earth! They are so fudgy and sweet and oh so yummy! Learn how to turn this childhood favorite into another dessert!
It is no secret that I adore sweets! I have many dessert recipes that are so simple that you can make them anytime at home. This recipe is just one of those and if you are on the lookout for more, then, try my recipes for Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Bites, No-bake M&M’s Pie, and Red Velvet Cheesecake Bites!
Oreo Brownies Recipe
Oreo Brownies are an upgraded version of the cookies. The cookies alone are great but turned into brownies, they become much more addicting! The result is moist and chocolaty and a great dessert overall.
Did you know that we have been “twisting” and “dunking” since 1912? The popular chocolate sandwich cookie has been around for so long and that proves how good it is.
And the number of recipes that have been invented out of it, including this brownie recipe, is evidence of its contribution to our culture.
If you have kids coming over, then, it is the best time to make this dessert. Only a few basic ingredients are needed and it looks complicated but it is not. Try it for yourself!
How to make Oreo Brownies:
- Prep for baking: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a 9×9-inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter and chocolate: Using the microwave, melt the butter by putting chunks of it into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 15 seconds. If not yet complete melted, heat again for another 15 seconds. Do this until everything is liquid. Whisk the sugar in it. Then, do this again using the chocolate. In the bowl, whisk in the melted chocolate together with the melted butter and sugar. Then, add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Prepare the flour mixture: Combine sifted flour, cocoa, and salt in a separate bowl. Then, mix this flour mixture with the wet mixture prepared earlier.
- Assemble: Pour half of the batter into the pan. Then, arrange the cookies into a single layer and spread the rest of the batter over it.
- Bake: Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes. Let it cool for an hour before cutting and serving.
- Add ganache: Make it even chocolatier by topping it with a ganache layer. Simply heat the heavy cream in the microwave then, melt the chocolate chips in it. Stir and pour over the brownies and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour to set.
How long do you cook Oreo Brownies?
The dessert must be in the oven for at least 20 minutes, just until the center is set and no longer gooey. To make it fudgy, you must undercook it just a little.
And this highly depends on your oven temperature, so, invest in a thermometer you can use for baking for accurate settings.
Can I use a cake mix to make Oreo Brownies?
Sure! You can do that, too. If you find it impractical to make your flour mix from scratch at times and you have your favorite cake mix, then, you can use that.
Simply follow the instructions in the package to make the batter. Then, follow the rest of this recipe.
How to make slutty brownies?
I have a recipe for slutty cheesecake brownie bars so you can check that out. Aside from Oreo’s, it also has Snickers in them.
How long does Oreo Brownies last?
In my household, it lasts no more than a couple of hours because my family likes it too much. But if in case you want to build a stash of it in case of cravings, it can last for a whole week.
You can store them in airtight containers to maintain the freshness and store in the fridge. It keeps well at room temperature.
Can I freeze them?
Yes! Just put them in freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw them first.
- You can line your baking pan with a sheet of foil. This facilitates easy transfer and clean-up.
- Aside from the single layer of cookies in the middle, you can add broken pieces on top for more chocolaty goodness.
- Make sure that the melted chocolate and butter mixture has already cooled before adding in the eggs, or else, you may end up scrambling the eggs.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 4 oz chocolate (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×9" baking pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Whisk sugar and melted butter together.
- Microwave the chocolate for 15 seconds at a time until melted, stirring between intervals. Add the melted chocolate to the nutter mixture and whisk to combine.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift in the flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Stir into the wet ingredients just until combined.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan and arrange a single layer of the whole Oreos on top. Spread remaining batter over Oreos.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until no longer gooey in the center.
- Pour heavy cream into microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30-60 seconds, or until hot but not boiling. Add chopped chocolate into the hot cream, let sit for 5 minutes, and then whisk until smooth.
- Spread ganache over cooled brownies and sprinkle with crushed Oreos.
- Cool for at least 30-60 minutes before slicing and serving.