How To Make Oreo Buttercream
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Making Oreo Buttercream at home is fun and easy. This frosting is creamy and delicious, perfect for cakes and cupcakes.
Oreo Buttercream Recipe Tips
Oreo Buttercream is a must try if you love Oreo cookies. Well, facts are facts and Oreo Buttercream is truly amazing, you can literally eat it with a spoon, heck, if I wouldn’t have to worry about my soon to come tropical vacation I would even spread this buttercream on toast, its that good. I am going to tell you How To Make Oreo Buttercream that you can use on cakes, cupcakes and even trifles. I am sure you will put it to good use. This Oreo Buttercream is sweet, rich and fluffy and loaded with crushed Oreo cookies. Its like eating an unbelievably creamy oreo cookie. I have used it on cakes so far and on cupcakes, and I am telling you this is the only Oreo Buttercream recipe you will ever need.
Love Oreo Desserts? Check these out:
- Oreo Nuttela Cake – one of my favorite cakes ever, basically a dream come true for Oreo and Nutella lovers. Now you don’t have to compromise, you can have both.
- No Bake Chocolate Pie – this rich and creamy pie has a delicious Oreo crust
- Oreo Chocolate Beer Bars – yes, these are made with BEER and Oreo and also stuffed with Reese’s
- Mint Chocolate Chip Oreo Cupcakes – that frosting is out of this world
- Halloween Pumpkin Oreo Cake – your favorite cookie in a spooky dessert
Pin This Oreo Buttercream Recipe to your Favorite Board
Tips & Tricks on How To Make The Perfect Oreo Buttercream :
- For a very fluffy buttercream texture, add powdered sugar one cup at a time, and after each cup, turn the stand mixer on the highest speed that it will go, this will make the frosting extremely fluffy.
- Using the paddle attachment instead of the wire whisk attachment will also result in fluffier buttercream.
- If you want to pipe your buttercream perfectly on cupcakes or cakes, you will need a firmer texture. Follow the recipe for that type of frosting.
- The firmness of the buttercream frosting depends on the amount of sugar to liquid ratio. If you want a firmer frosting, add more confectioner’s sugar. If you want a softer frosting, add more milk or cream. Just do it gradually.
What do you need to make Oreo Buttercream?
- Unsalted butter
- Oreo crumbs
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
What is Buttercream Icing?
Buttercream also know as butter icing is a type of icing or filling used inside cakes and cupcakes, as a coating, and as decoration. It is very easy to make, by creaming butter with powdered sugar, although other fats can be used, such as margarine or lard.
Do Oreo’s have eggs?
There are no eggs in Oreo. However, Oreo have milk as cross contact and therefore they are not suitable for vegans. Oreo products do not contain nut or nut traces.
How To Make Oreo Buttercream
How To Make Oreo Buttercream using crushed Oreos, this frosting is creamy and delicious, perfect for cakes and cupcakes.
- 5 sticks / 2½ cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups Oreo crumbs about 30 Oreos
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-6 tablespoons milk
- Extra Oreo crumbs for garnish
- Mini Oreo cookies for garnish
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the wire attachment, beat together butter until smooth.
- Slowly add 4 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Start with the mixer on low speed and gradually increase to high. Pause to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add vanilla extract and the remaining 4 cups of sugar, mix until combined, also starting on low and gradually increasing to high.
- Add Oreo crumbs, mix until smooth.
- Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time, until you get a smooth, desired consistency.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to three days.
For a firmer frosting, add more confectioner's sugar, ¼ cup at a time. For a softer frosting, add more milk or cream, one tablespoon at a time.
- To use, once refrigerated, slowly allow to reach room temperature and then beat on low speed for just a few minutes, until the buttercream is smooth before using.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.