Making Oreo Buttercream at home is fun and easy. This frosting is creamy and delicious, perfect for cakes and cupcakes.
Easy Oreo Buttercream Recipe
Oreo Buttercream is a must-try if you love Oreo cookies. Well, facts are facts and Oreo Buttercream is truly amazing, you can literally eat it with a spoon, heck, if I wouldn’t have to worry about my soon to come tropical vacation I would even spread this buttercream on toast, it’s that good.
I am going to tell you How To Make Oreo Buttercream that you can use on cakes, cupcakes and even trifles. I am sure you will put it to good use. This Oreo Buttercream is sweet, rich and fluffy and loaded with crushed Oreo cookies. It’s like eating an unbelievably creamy oreo cookie.
I have used it on cakes so far and on cupcakes, and I am telling you this is the only Oreo Buttercream recipe you will ever need.
What do you need to make Oreo Buttercream?
- Unsalted butter
- Oreo crumbs
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
What is Buttercream Icing?
Buttercream is also known as butter icing is a type of icing or filling used inside cakes and cupcakes, as a coating, and as decoration. It is very easy to make, by creaming butter with powdered sugar, although other fats can be used, such as margarine or lard.
Tips & Tricks on How To Make The Perfect Oreo Buttercream :
- For a very fluffy buttercream texture, add powdered sugar one cup at a time, and after each cup, turn the stand mixer on the highest speed that it will go, this will make the frosting extremely fluffy.
- Using the paddle attachment instead of the wire whisk attachment will also result in fluffier buttercream.
- If you want to pipe your buttercream perfectly on cupcakes or cakes, you will need a firmer texture. Follow the recipe for that type of frosting.
- The firmness of the buttercream frosting depends on the amount of sugar to liquid ratio. If you want a firmer frosting, add more confectioner’s sugar. If you want a softer frosting, add more milk or cream. Just do it gradually.
Do Oreo’s have eggs?
There are no eggs in Oreos. However, Oreos have milk as cross-contact and therefore they are not suitable for vegans. Oreo products do not contain nut or nut traces.
Love Oreo Desserts? Check these out:
- Oreo Nutella Cake – one of my favorite cakes ever, basically a dream come true for Oreo and Nutella lovers. Now you don’t have to compromise, you can have both.
- No Bake Chocolate Pie – this rich and creamy pie has a delicious Oreo crust
- Oreo Chocolate Beer Bars – yes, these are made with BEER and Oreo and also stuffed with Reese’s
- Mint Chocolate Chip Oreo Cupcakes – that frosting is out of this world
- Halloween Pumpkin Oreo Cake – your favorite cookie in a spooky dessert
How To Make Oreo Buttercream
How To Make Oreo Buttercream using crushed Oreos, this frosting is creamy and delicious, perfect for cakes and cupcakes.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 0 minutes Total time: 10 mins