Devil’s Food Cake Truffles are easy to make and no bake, loaded with chocolate cake mix and Oreos. They are then dipped in white chocolate and topped with Oreo crumbs.
Devil’s Food Cake Truffles
Oreo Devil’s Food Cake Truffles are the latest creation to feed my truffle obsession. These delicious truffles are incredibly easy to make and require just a few ingredients. Start to finish you need under 30 minutes to make these chocolate truffles.
They are the perfect dessert to make for birthday parties, holidays, or special events. You can make as many as you love, simply double the ingredients. Also, this would be a great project to make with kids, as they will enjoy rolling and decorating the balls. They are a delicious combination of crumbs that are transformed into a rich and chocolaty truffle. The truffles are coated in white chocolate and topped with additional Oreo crumbs.
Why You’ll Love These No Bake Oreo Devil’s Food Cake Truffles:
- Firstly, they are very easy to make and no-bake.
- Also, tender and buttery, they remind me of chocolate cookie dough.
- Would make for some pretty darn cute hostess gifts.
- In addition, they are great to make together with kids!
- Egg-free so can eat as much batter as you want.
Devil’s Food Cake Truffles Recipe Tips:
- Using Devil’s Food Cake mix is best as it adds a delicious flavor. You can also use regular chocolate cake mix if you don’t have Devil’s Food Cake mix on hand.
- Also, the unsalted butter must be room temperature. Not greasy and oily, at that point, the butter is way too melted.
- Be careful when melting the white chocolate as it tends to separate. Start by melting for 30 secs and stir well, and after that melt in 15 secs increments. Also, stir well as the residual heat will melt the remaining chocolate chunks.
- Use a food processor to finely ground the Oreos, you want them to have a corn flour consistency for the truffles to have a smooth texture.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make these No Bake Oreo Devil’s Food Cake Truffles:
- White Chocolate Wafers – specifically designed for melting, these are very easy to melt in the microwave with fewer chances that they will over heat and separate as white chocolate tends to do. I highly recommend them, you can dip truffles into the melted white chocolate or fruits.
- Devil’s Food Cake Mix – I like this one in this recipe as it has a distinctive very chocolaty consistency and flavor
- Chocolate Cake Mix – you can also use regular Chocolate Cake Mix if this is what you want or have on hand
- Organic Chocolate Cake Mix – this is a great organic option if you want to make this recipe with organic ingredients
- Food Processor – I have a small one and it’s so handy in so many recipes, from chopping veggies to pulverizing freezer dried fruits
Oreo Devil's Food Cake Truffles
Oreo Devil's Food Cake Truffles are easy to make and no bake, loaded with chocolate cake mix, Oreos, dipped in white chocolate and topped with Oreo crumbs.
Prep time: 30 minutes Total time: 30 mins
White Chocolate Coating:
White Chocolate Coating: