White Chocolate Lemon Raspberry Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Lemon Raspberry Cookies are tender and buttery that they melt in your mouth. Loaded with white chocolate chips, lemon zest and sweet raspberries.
White Chocolate Lemon Raspberry Cookies are so flavorful from all the fresh lemon zest. Raspberries and lemon were meant to be paired in this incredibly easy sweet treat. The white chocolate chips add a nice amount of sweetness and just enough crunch. With a soft, tender and buttery texture, these cookies will melt in your mouth, while bursting with flavor. Once you try one, you will find yourself reaching out for seconds and thirds…
Why You’ll Love These White Chocolate Lemon Raspberry Cookies:
- Very easy to make, a classic cookie recipe that was taken to a whole new flavor level
- Incredibly fresh and aromatic
- Tender and buttery, the cookies melt in your mouth
- Would make for some pretty darn cute hostess gifts
- Lemon, raspberry and white chocolate are just perfect together
Tips and tricks to make perfect White Chocolate Lemon Raspberry Cookies:
- Using fresh lemon juice and lemon zest will add the most amazing and refreshing flavor to your cookies
- The secret to get those flawless chocolate chips on top of your cookies is to actually press them into the cookies right after baking, when the cookie is still hot and soft
- Use freezer dried raspberries – I have only made this recipe with freezer dried raspberries, I like that they don’t add extra moisture to the batter
- Make sure you don’t over bake the cookies, you are looking for a golden hue on the sides of the cookies
Tools/Ingredients I used to make these White Chocolate Lemon Raspberry Cookies:
- Food Processor – I have a small one and it’s so handy in so many recipes, from chopping veggies to pulverizing freezer dried fruits
- Freezer Dried Raspberries – these are perfect to snack on and absolutely amazing in cookies and truffles, I also love adding them to Raspberry Buttercream without making it too runny
- White Chocolate Chips – I use these all the time, they taste great
White Chocolate Lemon Raspberry Cookies
Lemon Raspberry Cookies are so tender and buttery that they melt in your mouth. Loaded with white chocolate chips, lemon zest and sweet raspberries.
- ½ cup 1 stick/113 grams unsalted butter
- ½ cup 1 stick/113 grams shortening
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- zest from 2 lemons
- 2½ cups white all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup freezer dried raspberries
Place butter in a microwave safe bowl, and melt, but not entirely, you should still see a few chunks.
Add almost melted butter to a large bowl with the shortening. Add white sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium-high speed until well combined. Stop once to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula.
With the mixer on low-medium speed, beat in the egg, egg yolk, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda, whisk until just combined.
Add dry ingredients to the mixer and beat on low just until combined. Do not over-mix.
Using a spatula, gently stir in the white chocolate chips and freezer dried raspberries.
Cover the bowl tightly and chill for 2 to 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 325F.
Line a pan with parchment paper.
Scoop 1½ tablespoon of cookie dough, roll into a ball and slightly flatten it with your hand. Place cookie on the prepared sheet, 6-8 cookies per pan so they have plenty of room.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, making sure you don't over bake, better to under bake for a cookie-dough like center. Look for a golden hue on the sides of the cookies.
Optional: after removing the cookies from the oven, press a few chocolate chips onto the top.
Cool cookies for 5-7 minutes on the baking sheet after that transfer to a cooking rack.
Made this Recipe?
Show me what you made on Instagram and tag me at @sweetnsavorymeals or hashtag it #sweetandsavorymeals.
If you love Raspberry desserts check these Raspberry Truffles that are naturally pink:
and this Raspberry Angel Food Cake that is one of the most popular recipes on the blog: