Last updated on February 9th, 2022 at 04:42 pmJump to Recipe
Raspberry Jam Cakes
Raspberry Jam Cakes are topped with sweet raspberry jam, vanilla bean whipped cream, fresh raspberries and purple sugar.
These cakes are so pretty and tasty, that is perfect for themed parties, and is a hit with kids and adults alike! My other fun colored desserts are Unicorn Cupcakes, Magic Purple Cake and Ube Muffins.
Raspberry Jam Cakes
These Raspberry Jam Cakes are topped with fluffy vanilla whipped cream and purple sugar. They are easy to make, look fancy, and taste delicious. I made these cute cakes for teacher’s appreciation week, because I show love and gratitude thru cake. I was very happy when I got an email from my son’s preschool teachers that they loved the cakes. And what’s not to love? These Raspberry Jam Cakes are truly amazing, light and fluffy, with a sweet raspberry jam filling, sandwiched between pink vanilla cakes.
The cakes are also very easy to make. All you need, is just a half sheet cake pan, and some patience to cut and assemble the mini cakes. The whipped cream frosting is a breeze to whip, in just a few minutes. The cakes are not too sweet, made with ricotta, that gives them a nice, rich texture. I added some pink get food color to make it more fun and give them a bolder appearance.
Follow Sweet and Savory Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Pin This Raspberry Jam Cakes Recipe to your Favorite Board
Why you will love these Raspberry Jam Cakes
- Firstly, the cakes are gorgeous, with a beautiful pink color, and refreshing raspberries.
- Also, the cakes are very easy to make. You basically bake a huge one layer cake and cut it into squares.
- In addition, the individual desserts are the perfect single serving, looking also festive and easy to transport.
- Perfect for a special occasion, like a baby shower, birthday or Valentine’s Day.
- Can be made with different colors, so the mix variation is based on preference.
- Lastly, it’s super fun to make with kids.
TOOLS/INGREDIENTS I USED TO MAKE THE VANILLA PURPLE CAKE WITH LEMON BUTTERCREAM:
- Sheet Pan – I love these pans, they are 17×12 inches and also have a lifetime warranty.
- Square Cookie Cutter – can be used to cut square cookies or to cut mini cakes.
- Gel Food Coloring – having a range of colors of hand is always helpful when baking something fun.
- Vanilla Extract – love this vanilla extract, the flavor is great, I always have some on hand.
- Piping Bags – I prefer using disposable piping bags, I really don’t like the idea of cleaning another item after I make cupcakes and frosting.
- Piping Tips Set –this is a great set at a very good price.
- Cake Leveler – Absolutely love this one, I use to remove my cake crowns and to make the flat.
Raspberry Jam Cakes
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces full fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- pink gel food color
- 6-8 ounces raspberry jam or preserves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 vanilla beans seeds only
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- purple sugar
Follow me on InstagramFollow
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray a half sheet pan ( 18"x13"x1") with baking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper, spray the parchment paper and dust the pan with a little flour, tapping out the excess.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the wire whisk, on medium speed beat the eggs, gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add ricotta cheese, oil and vanilla extract, mix until fully combined, pause to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the dry ingredients followed by the yogurt. Mix until blended, taking care not to overbeat.
- Transfer batter to the baking sheet, spread evenly and bake for 30-40 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake must come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes, after that, with the help of the parchment paper, slide the cake from the pan, to the counter to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, trim the sides of the cake. Using a cake leveler, remove the brown top layer and level the cake to make it even.
- Using a stainless steel square form (or a knife and a ruler) cut the cake into mini cakes and set aside. Using a serrated knife, carefully remove the brown bottoms of the mini cakes. When cutting the mini cakes, make sure you have an even number of cakes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat heavy whipping cream, vanilla bean seeds and sugar until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam on top of a mini cake, top with whipped cream, another layer of cake, followed by raspberry jam and whipped cream. Garnish with fresh raspberries and purple sugar. Repeat with the remaining cakes.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Enjoy weekly hand picked recipes and recommendations